Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    JESSICA DREW/THE SPIDER-WOMAN REVAMP

. part of my inspiration is the Dario Argento/Jennifer Connelly Italian horror movie "Phenomena"

. the setting of her origin would be a Hydra-run boarding school

. it's not that important but Jessica's birth parents were Hydra agents who were casually murdered and sent to hell by succubus Claire Voyant (the golden age Black Widow)

. I'd alter the "relationship" between she and Ophelia Sarkassian/Viper; making them "sisters" in the sense that they share a room at the boarding school

. my version would still be british but, naturally, have dark hair (not dyed or a wig)

. Jessica would also be naturally inquisitive (leading to her future employment); along with being well educated like the rest of the boarders (multi-lingual).

. Jessica would stand out because of her potential to be magically augmented; there are a lot of occult types roaming the halls of the school at night and, generally, keeping tabs on the students.

. it wouldn't be unusual for one of her classmates to flip out or attempt suicide; due to the magical perception altering and tests of their potential.

. she'd have a natural affinity for spiders and be considered a creepy headcase by some of the others.

. they are being groomed for counter-intelligence, as assassins, and (a select few) as potential future leaders of Hydra

. Ophelia naturally becomes jealous of the preferential treatment Jessica receives & they encourage her envy (those tagged as future assassins are emotionally & sometimes physically abused)

. at some point, Jessica is separated from the others and undergoes the experiment, a mix of genetic manipulation and sorcery, to become the Spider-woman.

. her powers aren't explicitly spider-like (enhanced toxin resistant immune system, super strength, reaction time, speed, agility, flexibility, and bioelectric projection; a lot of those "spidery" attributes were built into her costume and geared around Jessica's own affinity for spiders ex. the retractable fibers beneath the arms of the costume allow for gliding like the Selenops spider & adhering to surfaces. the occult part of the experiment resulted in her being able to tweak emotions in people; making her more alluring or inducing anxiety.

. she encounters SHIELD in much the same way as the original origin and after not going through with her graduation mission (that would have resulted in Jerry Hunt's dead).

. otherwise, there's not much that needs changing. I'd forgo the breast enhancement that Bendis had the skrull undergo. I don't know why it was necessary other than as a sight gag.

. I'm cool with Veranke impersonating her; as long as she's eventually an Avenger.

. I'm also cool with her having a child and/or hooking up with Roger Gocking.
    That sounds like a pretty good streamlining and revamp of Jessica's origin and beginnings. And yeah, I don't know what Bendis was thinking with that, except the artist was Frank Cho, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    Every time they announce a new Ronin, dating back to the first time I assume it will be Kasper Cole. I just read that apparently recently T'Challa finally took steps to bring him back into the fold. But I personally would've pounced on one of those Ronin chances to break him away from the Black Panther mythos and give him his own niche. He's had enough time off-screen to allow for additional training in various areas.

Plus while it distances him it also keeps a T'Challa link in the team when he can't be there.
    Kasper Cole as Ronin could be interesting; though I did like him as White Tiger, that alias should probably be kept in the Ayala family.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    Every time they announce a new Ronin, dating back to the first time I assume it will be Kasper Cole. I just read that apparently recently T'Challa finally took steps to bring him back into the fold. But I personally would've pounced on one of those Ronin chances to break him away from the Black Panther mythos and give him his own niche. He's had enough time off-screen to allow for additional training in various areas.

Plus while it distances him it also keeps a T'Challa link in the team when he can't be there.
    he'd fit better than Clint Barton, at least. did they ever reveal the identity of that American Panther character? personally, I like Kasper more w/o the costume. I liked that he was somewhat cynical about the costumed hero community and was just using it for to further his own ambitions. but i'll also accept the Ronin or White Panther identity.

he'd fit better than Clint Barton, at least. did they ever reveal the identity of that American Panther character? personally, I like Kasper more w/o the costume. I liked that he was somewhat cynical about the costumed hero community and was just using it for to further his own ambitions. but i'll also accept the Ronin or White Panther identity.
    Hell, didn't Priest conceive Kasper as a more modern and more cynical take on Spider-Man's classic status quo --- parlaying his costumed heroics into getting his civilian persona paid so that he could take care of his family?

it’s Friday. I’m bored. So I’m going to take another stab at the ANT-MAN LEGACY.

My ideas for the original Ant-Man, Henry Pym, haven’t changed much. I like the mad scientist angle. I dig the pacifist angle from the animated series; clever way to set up a dramatic shift when he’s in a manic state. My main goal was to remove anything that could be construed as spousal abuse; while allowing for their relationship to have natural ups and downs. I also tried to narrow his field of science. His focus was biophysics. The pym particle is entirely his baby. The cybernetic helmet and (ultimately) Ultron were Maria Trovayna’s projects; greatly assisted by Henry. Make no mistake, he has the mind of a polymath. He’d have the reputation, early on, as being “the next Reed Richards.” But his foray into robotics would be forced on him; emotionally needing to continue some of Maria’s works and find a means of understanding/neutralizing Ultron. Biggest different between my revamp Pym and the comic book version is that mine is british; one of many things Jan likes about him.
    Reed (jack of all trades) Doom (jack of all trades) Pym (biochemistry) Stark (engineering) Banner (physics) Moy (jill of all trades)

On to Scott…
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/secsam.htm

^if you get a chance, you might want to read through Second Story Sammy’s bio. He’s a one-off but the first to steal Pym’s costume. I’m somewhat merging he and Scott’s stories. Scott (instead of Sammy) would be the one to happen upon the Ant-Man gear in his role as a cat burglar and be chased down by Ant-Man & the Wasp. the patience and skill required to bypass his security impresses Pym enough that he doesn’t immediately take Scott down. He silently trails Scott and notices 1) that Scott, despite being new to the stealth suit, is using them creatively and 2) that he is primarily targeting people/organizatons suspected of criminal activity or ethics violations. And they finally confront him after he makes a stop to check on what would turn out to be his growingly estranged family (wife whom he is more or less separated from and daughter). Ant-Man & the Wasp take the newcomer down; without much difficulty. Scott is given a chance to tell his story.

His daughter has some expensive health issues (don’t worry. Wolverine survived childhood illness, too). His marriage has fallen apart; partially because he’s lying about how he pays the bills. And a criminal record has made it difficult to find legitimate work. He has convinced himself that he is only stealing from people who can afford it (or deserve it). Ultimately, Pym cuts him a break and pulls some strings/allows Scott to use him as a reference at Stark Industries.

Fast forward to the Peter Parker moment. He’s divorced from his wife (Rae Lacoste). But there’s now a procedure that can permanently improve Cassie’s health; exclusive and very expensive. Despite his rapid rise in the ranks at Stark Industries, he still can’t afford the treatment. He’s close to backsliding into old habits. One night, while casing upscale neighborhoods, Scott witnesses a woman being abducted. He trails them back to Cross Technological Enterprises corporate headquarters. He considers calling the police. But his ex is dating a cop with a lot of friends on the force. And they’ve already harassed him a bit. He returns to Pym’s home; to ask for the Avenger’s aid. Hank isn’t home. In desperation, Scott (once again) bypasses Pym’s upgraded security to attempt a rescue w/ the stolen Ant-Man gear. Henry does eventually catch up & witness Scott in action. You can guess most of what happens next. The kidnap victim has the connections that get Cassie her lifesaving operation. Hank, having long upgraded to the Giant-Man and Yellowjacket identities, informs Scott that it’s time to make up for his past mistakes; as the new Ant-Man. His career would be considerably low profile. The majority of people would assume that Pym was just doing solo mission in his old gear. In my revamp, Stark recommends Hank Pym (instead of Scott) to the Fantastic Four; when they need someone to maintain Reed’s lab and help them use the timesled to search for him. Scott, by this point, has struck out on his own; on the West Coast. And he does show up as part of the West Coast Avengers support crew (Clint finds him funny).

He’s also part of Stark’s Force Works (instead of the character Fisher Todd). It occurred to me that Hank would have been a more natural fit, during that period. They could even touch upon his insecurities; not living up to the title of the next reed Richards. He and Susan would have an almost romance. But nothing that compromises them with Jan or the returning Reed. Scott would eventually sign up as an active Avenger. I’d fix what I considered to be a huge mistake with his Disassembled death. Cassie would have been visiting that day. And Scott would have ran out into that courtyard to keep Jack of Hearts from getting any closer to the mansion; sensing that something really bad was going to happen. He’d try to shrink he and Jack. But, even at ant-size, Jack’s zero energy explosion would pretty much bring the house down. I feel that his sacrifice would have meant more, in this case.

Don’t worry. This is comics. Scott experienced his first death. During the Chaos War event, I’d change things so that the a few of the returned from the dead characters stuck around. But the trade off would be that they’d be wandering around without their memories for awhile. Scott and Rita would still have their pym particles abilities; even if they wouldn’t immediately realize it. I could even imagine them briefly and half-heartedly returning to crime (and encountering the young avengers). The upside is that all of the returned characters would be in their prime. So Cassie gets to grow up w/o Scott aging out. He’ll eventually get his head straight & fully support his daughter. He’d handle some of her training. But a lot of it would have come from Janet. I’m getting around to another Young Avengers revamp. I haven’t worked out Kate Bishop’s story. But I think it’d work better if Cassie was the one who came upon her powers through criminal means; as opposed to Eli Bradley. It could be a deal with the Power Broker or Mister Hyde; creating a future conflict for the Young Avengers to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hell, didn't Priest conceive Kasper as a more modern and more cynical take on Spider-Man's classic status quo --- parlaying his costumed heroics into getting his civilian persona paid so that he could take care of his family?
    I'd have to dig up those old interviews. does Priest still have a website? Kasper was definitely counter culture (at least comic book culture). he's one of several twisted retellings of Peter Parker's story (alongside the Hood and the Irredeemable Ant-Man). but I appreciated the realness of kasper's story. he wasn't necessarily the hero of the story. it's strange to think of him going through the Panther ritual and being loyal to T'challa. he was so self-serving/opportunistic. he'd probably be a decent Netflix character. he and Junta were the breakout characters of that series, imo.

I'd have to dig up those old interviews. does Priest still have a website? Kasper was definitely counter culture (at least comic book culture). he's one of several twisted retellings of Peter Parker's story (alongside the Hood and the Irredeemable Ant-Man). but I appreciated the realness of kasper's story. he wasn't necessarily the hero of the story. it's strange to think of him going through the Panther ritual and being loyal to T'challa. he was so self-serving/opportunistic. he'd probably be a decent Netflix character. he and Junta were the breakout characters of that series, imo.
    From Wikipedia's entry on Kasper Cole:

"Tom DeFalco once taught me that Spider-Man's motivation for being Spider-Man was to patrol the city looking for crimes so he could photograph himself in the act of stopping the crimes and sell the photos to Jameson to raise money to pay his rent which was always late. Kasper's motive is to wear the costume so he won't be recognized by the good guys or the bad guys as he goes about cleaning up his precinct so he can get a promotion to Detective so he can make enough money to marry his pregnant girlfriend and move them all out of Harlem." ---
    Creator Christopher Priest, 2003

That aside, I like your revamp for Scott Lang, and I'm thinking of a revamp --- more accurately, a relaunch --- for Spider-Man 2099 and maybe some of the other Spider-People who've wandered into Peter Parker's orbit over the years/decades.

Moondragon: Since they made Drax an alien in the movie, I decided to try and take Drax and Thanos out of her origin. The Monks of The Cult of The Moon Dragon decides to abduct a family and try to sacrifice them to find the Dragon a host. When each parent is possess by the dragon their minds are destroyed and die, meanwhile when the child is possess by the dragon the child's imaginative mind allowed to survive . The monks train the child to keep their mind under control so the Dragon could its full power and the rest of Moondragon's history remains the same as she goes from to villain to hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Moondragon: Since they made Drax an alien in the movie, I decided to try and take Drax and Thanos out of her origin. The Monks of The Cult of The Moon Dragon decides to abduct a family and try to sacrifice them to find the Dragon a host. When each parent is possess by the dragon their minds are destroyed and die, meanwhile when the child is possess by the dragon the child's imaginative mind allowed to survive . The monks train the child to keep their mind under control so the Dragon could its full power and the rest of Moondragon's history remains the same as she goes from to villain to hero.
    I was extremely happy that they made Drax an alien. He and Moondragon would do better; separate of one another, I only.

Ultimate Member

I was extremely happy that they made Drax an alien. He and Moondragon would do better; separate of one another, I only.
    For the MCU, the presumed-to-be-dead daughter of Drax showing up as yet another of Thanos' kidnapped 'daughters' stolen away from families he'd killed would have been an interesting twist to take. She could even have mental powers, since Thanos, until recently, had the Mind Stone (which was used to empower Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch). It would be neat to see some payoff for the various comments about Thanos' other 'daughters' ("of all our sisters, I hated you least" from Nebula to Gamora, for instance).

But for the comics, eh, the new Drax is nothing like the Drax that was Heather's father, so I don't care if the two are divorced. The new Star-Lord, Groot and Gamora, for that matter, are little if anything like the characters they originally were (in some cases, for the better, I'll admit). I know nothing about Rocket in the old days. Maybe he's the same as he always was?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    For the MCU, the presumed-to-be-dead daughter of Drax showing up as yet another of Thanos' kidnapped 'daughters' stolen away from families he'd killed would have been an interesting twist to take. She could even have mental powers, since Thanos, until recently, had the Mind Stone (which was used to empower Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch). It would be neat to see some payoff for the various comments about Thanos' other 'daughters' ("of all our sisters, I hated you least" from Nebula to Gamora, for instance).
    I would grin and bear that cinematic tweak to Moondragon. I'm just not good with the 'Heather Douglas' origin. it was the kind of complicated story that really only works in serial fiction. I want short and sweet in my marvel movies; lol. and I could even imagine Thanos speaking that line. but what color would she be? blue and green are taken.

But for the comics, eh, the new Drax is nothing like the Drax that was Heather's father, so I don't care if the two are divorced. The new Star-Lord, Groot and Gamora, for that matter, are little if anything like the characters they originally were (in some cases, for the better, I'll admit). I know nothing about Rocket in the old days. Maybe he's the same as he always was?
    yeah, the entire Guardians has been Revamped! I didn't have enough love for the original concept to call it a bad change (don't get me wrong; they were good characters). I was a fan of that brief reintroduction of Quill (Annihilation Conquest, iirc); some story where he wound up in a prison with Mantis, Groot, Bug, Rocket, and Captain Universe. I really liked the art and the depiction of the characters. I imagine that some of it informed the cinematic universe.

I'm not done with it. but these were some of the changes I'd implement for the...

YOUNG AVENGERS

NATHANIEL RICHARDS/IRON LAD [I haven't finalized my ideas for him, yet - he is the catalyst for all of this, though - he does allow for the Kid Vision]

PATRIOT/ELI BRADLEY - my version wouldn't have powers. he'd would have grown up hearing the stories of his grandfather's time as a war hero/the legend of the black Captain America. but he'd be hearing it all from his exceptionally militant uncle Josiah al hajj Saddiq. Eli would be training from a young age to become the "bucky" to his uncle. but, rebellious by nature, he'd eventually be told that he wasn't ready because his ideals didn't align with his uncle's. joining the Young Avengers is his way of fulfilling his destiny without following his uncle's lead. time will tell if he's able to live up to the legend of both super soldiers. Kate Bishop does make him kind of insecure because she makes heroing w/o powers look a lot easier.

ALTER BOY/TEDDY ALTMAN [haven't thought of anything yet; besides the name change. I wanted it to be kind of cheeky; attacking the intolerance of homosexuality that sometimes accompanies organized religion. plus it's more descriptive than hulkling.

WISHCRAFT/WILLIAM KAPLAN - it's going to be pretty controversial but I'm not giving him a direct blood connection to Wanda. hear me out. he still has magic in his bloodline. he's still a fanboy (Scarlet Witch being his favorite superhero). he still meets Wanda. and she, specifically because of her memories of her children, plays surrogate mother/mentor to Billy. she recognizes the inherent danger of his abilities and genuinely wants to help him navigate life.

FRICTION/THOMAS SHEPHERD - along those lines, I never liked how the character was introduced. it was sloppy, overly convenient, and never fully explained. so they run into this young powered individual as he's breaking from a containment facility. because they are young and inexperienced, they take him in. my version of Tommy would be Whirlwind/Dave Cannon's unclaimed kid. his powers would be a lot more destructive than his old man's; same set that he has now. he joins up and plays along; all the time really being a member of the Young Masters of Evil. but, just like Whirlwind, he has his own agenda. he develops a crush on Kate and a protective older brother relationship with Billy. so, yeah, they aren't identical twins.

KATE BISHOP [I haven't decided what I want to do with her. part of me wants to link her to Imus Champion; who was also a jack of all trades, skillwise. but I don't want it to be too much like the Kingpin/Echo relationship. hmmm.]
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Imus_Champion_(Earth-616)

CASSIE LANG [she'd be the young avenger who comes upon her powers through criminal means; instead of Eli. it could be Hyde's MGH or Power Broker's augmentation. but the motive would still be to honor her father. she was there at the mansion the day that her father was killed/the Avengers were disassembled. she sees it as her responsibility to not let his memory die and to become a superhero; in her own right. but, like her father, she went about it the wrong way/took shortcuts. and the others have to bail her out. she still, eventually, becomes the heart of the team. because, despite being the youngest, she wants this more than the others.]

Ultimate Member

YOUNG AVENGERS
    Interesting ideas. I remember being annoyed by Patriot, because the writers never really fleshed out what his powers were under MGH, and then still never really fleshed out what he got or didn't get from the super-soldier blood transfusion (other than enhanced hearing, which is very much *not* the sort of powers Captain America got from the serum...). For all that I loved the characterization, the behind-the-scenes stuff was super-sloppy. Hulkling showed off super-strength in combat throwing people around, and then complained about not having it later, when faced with a big door. I just had no idea what the writer was thinking with some of those decisions.

My big change would be to absolutely codify them.

Billy would use invocations, like Dr. Strange used to, only he'd be a complete novice, and have to use items to focus the magic. He'd fly on the Winds of Watoomb, and his tattered raggedy cloak would be a focus for that spell (which he could cast without it, but it wouldn't be as powerful or as easy to control). The cloak itself would be an old flag, from a scout camp, that flew for so many years that the wind tore it to tatters. (He dyed it red, because it was yellow and green with a brown bear on it. Very uncool.) His metal-rune-inscribed metal armbands, belt buckle and headband would be focus items for a Shield of the Seraphim invocation, that would help protect him. And the lightning? He planted a bunch of branches from a tree struck by lightning during another storm, high atop a building next to a lightning rod, and the sticks were again zapped by lightning, charging them so that he could invoke a spell of his own (re)discovery, that he calls 'Thor's Thunder' that invokes power from Thor himself! (Thor is distantly aware of this, as are all entities being invoked. It brings a smile to his face, that someone has remembered 'the old ways.') His other invocation, less used than flying and throwing lightning, would be to call up the Vapors of Valtorr, using flasks of collected dew from the park, to create a dense fog (to cover an escape, for instance). All (except for the lightning) stuff that Dr. Strange has used, and isn't terribly new or shocking. No reality manipulation nonsense. I hate when Wanda has that sort of McGuffin power, and people are arguing that she's evil and / or crazy and / or can't control her power and / or needs to die, and I don't want that sort of crap to stick to Billy either.

Teddy would have a combination of powers from Mar-Vell and Anele. Solar-enhanced strength, toughness and not-quite-flight (more like levitation) from his dad, shapeshifting from his mom (and the levitation / weak flight from dad explains how he can 'fly' using those shapeshifted wings, despite being muscular enough that he'd need a sixty foot wingspan to get off the ground). For the most part, he's been all Skrull shapeshifting, so I'd want to explore what he inherited from his father

Eli, again, some sort of definition to what sort of powers he's got. MGH should have given him something different than the sort of generally enhanced physique one gets from a Super-Soldier serum. That might have been kind of funky if his MGH-power was something that helped him in combat, and *looked* like awesome fighting ability, but was not, like say, combat precognition (allowing him to strike where you're not defending, and block / dodge attacks that you don't even know you're about to launch). That sort of 'mutant' power would let someone *look* like a strong, fast fighter, by basically cheating (and seeing what people are about to do before they do it). When he later gains super-soldier powers, he might become as strong and fast as he seemed to be, but occasionally express frustration that he no longer can anticipate things and is getting punched more than he used to (despite being tougher now and more able to take a punch).

Cassie and Kate I was always fine with, although it frustrated me that she was lugging around the Swordsman's sword for a time, and never found out that it was chock-full of Makluan tech and could shoot blasts of fire, lightning, ice and nerve gas... (If I found out my sword could do all that, I'd drop the bow like a hot potato!) On the other hand, if she ever figured that out and started using it, the Mandarin would probably remember it and come to reclaim it... (Plot twist! Shoulda stuck to the bow!)

I sometime felt like Speed was a character too many, and got lost in the crush. Making him a juvenile delinquent version of the already 'does not play well with others' Pietro felt like a miss for me. How many hard-to-work-with silver-haired mutant speedsters does the Marvel Universe really need? Doing a 180 on his personality and making him the consummate team player could have been more original and groundbreaking than yet another superfast problem child (and amusingly would have annoyed Eli, who thinks of himself as the 'Captain America' of the group, and had a bit too much of a chip on his shoulder to actually play that role, which is why Kate kind of usurped his kinda/sort leader position).

I never liked teen Vision/Jonas. Bleh. Hey, I'll download into Iron Lad's armor, which will mysteriously lose it's original powers and conveniently now have Vision powers! And I'll also randomly act kind of teenager-y after the download, so it's not creepy at all that I'm dating Scott Lang's teenage daughter, who is the same age as my two teenage magical sons, who are also on this team...

Yuk. Go away Jonas!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-07-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd do something with JACK OF HEARTS. Here's something off the top of my head.

Jack Hart is half human and half Contraxian. He spends 15 hours a day in a cell beneath his home in New Haven, CT due to his body being extremely unstable. He writes poetry and posts it online. He has a bit of a following.

When he's not locked away, he does landscaping work for a shitty dude that doesn't pay him well. He's also helped the Avengers out a few times in this gaudy suit he made himself.

When we find him, his dad has passed away and he decides to leave Planet Earth once and for all. He duplicates himself using his own carbon imprint, so that there's 2 of him. One will remain and carry on with Jack Hart's life on auto-pilot, paying rent and working odd jobs. The other will travel the stars and blog about what he sees and does. The book would follow both lives simultaneously. While Jack of Hearts, he'd have run ins with everyone from Thor the Thunder God to Albert his mom's estate agent on Contraxia. As Jack Hart would spend 8 hours a day working and 15 in his cell, occasionally getting phone calls from Iron Man to see how he's doing.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Interesting ideas. I remember being annoyed by Patriot, because the writers never really fleshed out what his powers were under MGH, and then still never really fleshed out what he got or didn't get from the super-soldier blood transfusion (other than enhanced hearing, which is very much *not* the sort of powers Captain America got from the serum...).
    I'd have to read up on Isaiah Bradley. I just assumed that he had the standard Captain America powers. point of the revamp was to remove the junkie angle. I don't think that he ever came back from that reveal.

Hulkling showed off super-strength in combat throwing people around, and then complained about not having it later, when faced with a big door. I just had no idea what the writer was thinking with some of those decisions.
    maybe he was making it up as he went. from what I understand, it was a Bendis idea (Avengers answer to the teen titans) that he convinced Heinberg to adapt. the latter didn't know what he wanted to write for Marvel.

Billy would use invocations, like Dr. Strange used to, only he'd be a complete novice, and have to use items to focus the magic. He'd fly on the Winds of Watoomb, and his tattered raggedy cloak would be a focus for that spell (which he could cast without it, but it wouldn't be as powerful or as easy to control). The cloak itself would be an old flag, from a scout camp, that flew for so many years that the wind tore it to tatters. (He dyed it red, because it was yellow and green with a brown bear on it. Very uncool.) His metal-rune-inscribed metal armbands, belt buckle and headband would be focus items for a Shield of the Seraphim invocation, that would help protect him.
    creative. limits are good. seems like kind of a cheat that all he has to do is, basically, ask for stuff and think real hard.

Teddy would have a combination of powers from Mar-Vell and Anele. Solar-enhanced strength, toughness and not-quite-flight (more like levitation) from his dad, shapeshifting from his mom (and the levitation / weak flight from dad explains how he can 'fly' using those shapeshifted wings, despite being muscular enough that he'd need a sixty foot wingspan to get off the ground). For the most part, he's been all Skrull shapeshifting, so I'd want to explore what he inherited from his father
    i never settled upon an origin for his powers in my revamp. because it almost feels like diluting Mar-Vell's legacy by just making some rando another of his kids. but they had to link him to the Avengers someway, i guess. i probably would have made him a next level Super-Adaptoid; in the same way that Victor Mancha is a next-level ultron. but I'm good with the power set that you gave him. i'll give the reveal of his parentage a second read.

Eli, again, some sort of definition to what sort of powers he's got. MGH should have given him something different than the sort of generally enhanced physique one gets from a Super-Soldier serum. That might have been kind of funky if his MGH-power was something that helped him in combat, and *looked* like awesome fighting ability, but was not, like say, combat precognition (allowing him to strike where you're not defending, and block / dodge attacks that you don't even know you're about to launch). That sort of 'mutant' power would let someone *look* like a strong, fast fighter, by basically cheating (and seeing what people are about to do before they do it). When he later gains super-soldier powers, he might become as strong and fast as he seemed to be, but occasionally express frustration that he no longer can anticipate things and is getting punched more than he used to (despite being tougher now and more able to take a punch).
    ^that one i really like. or i should say that i like it IF he has to eventually learn to make it a crutch. because he's going to be subjected to the same criticism as David Alleyne (having cheat powers).

Cassie and Kate I was always fine with, although it frustrated me that she was lugging around the Swordsman's sword for a time, and never found out that it was chock-full of Makluan tech and could shoot blasts of fire, lightning, ice and nerve gas... (If I found out my sword could do all that, I'd drop the bow like a hot potato!) On the other hand, if she ever figured that out and started using it, the Mandarin would probably remember it and come to reclaim it... (Plot twist! Shoulda stuck to the bow!)
    was she even physically strong enough to use his broadsword? that was the problem that i always had with her. she was given the standard teen shape by the artist. but they've made a big deal about how much strength it takes to draw Clint Barton's bow (Crossfire nearly injured himself attempting it). and a broadsword is pretty cumbersome. maybe the Makulan's make them lighter.

I sometime felt like Speed was a character too many, and got lost in the crush. Making him a juvenile delinquent version of the already 'does not play well with others' Pietro felt like a miss for me. How many hard-to-work-with silver-haired mutant speedsters does the Marvel Universe really need? Doing a 180 on his personality and making him the consummate team player could have been more original and groundbreaking than yet another superfast problem child (and amusingly would have annoyed Eli, who thinks of himself as the 'Captain America' of the group, and had a bit too much of a chip on his shoulder to actually play that role, which is why Kate kind of usurped his kinda/sort leader position).
    my problem with him is that the writer seemed to realized that he was just there because the team needed a Quicksilver analogue. and he didn't do anything to make him more. why was he in that detention facility? who/where are his parents? why did law enforcement not come after him?

I never liked teen Vision/Jonas. Bleh. Hey, I'll download into Iron Lad's armor, which will mysteriously lose it's original powers and conveniently now have Vision powers! And I'll also randomly act kind of teenager-y after the download, so it's not creepy at all that I'm dating Scott Lang's teenage daughter, who is the same age as my two teenage magical sons, who are also on this team...
    that was done entirely because the artist liked the teen iron man armor design. they already planned to get rid of Nathaniel. so there you go. i tend to think of Jonas as not Vision. he's as much a "son" of Vision as Billy.

DEADPOOL REVAMP

I want to apply the movie origin without the limitation of keeping him likable. that makes perfect sense for a movie hero (even though he continually claims to not be a hero). but he spends a lot of time as a heel in the comics. I'd have him occupy that middle ground and have Vanessa (who had a really original form of shape-shifting) not stick around. Wade would still be the best of the best, at killing; something he might not be that proud of. I like the idea of there being a weapon 10 spinoff operation torturing people to unlock their genetic potential. I prefer movie Ajax to the comic book version. I'd just make him less goofy, in general. he should be witty and have a biting sense of humor. he should talk a lot and have an opinion on everything. but I think that they overdo it; a lot. he doesn't need to be a cartoon character. I don't need to see his underwear for the sight gag. I don't, personally, need the sheep gun. It was funny to me...once. I don't like it when he is portrayed as being stupid (and winning the day by sheer luck).

MOON KNIGHT
    it's hard to choose a version of a character to run with. I became reinterested in Spector during the Charlie Huston/David Finch period. I continued to read through Dark Reign. I caught some of the suit-wearing Moon Knight because he was still in the Secret Avengers. I read the Hollywood/Bendis stuff. but I kind of dropped off, after that. anyways, I still define him by the Huston stuff; the Marc who was constantly being trolled by Khonshu and brutalizing criminals, as an ode to vengeance. so that's the Marc that I'd stick with. he can switch up his suit whenever he likes. I like the multiple personality idea. well I like the idea of them starting as simple guises but him losing his grip on reality; along the way. and I have a feeling that my preference will eventually be whatever they show in the Netflix series.