Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Replace the Human Torch with a black guy. Make both Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman divorced. Make the Thing more sarcastic and more narcissistic.
    Well, I will go along with your second recommendation, but it seems extremely unlikely that Reed and Sue will divorce, as Marvel keeps saying that the FF is all about family.

the only benefit would be to have one or both characters start dating again. and that sounds incredibly boring to me. they have too much sweat equity in the marriage. they've had two children and survived Reed creating an evil Thor clone.

Astonishing Member

I'd fuse Thor's original self with his current self conceptually.

Donald Blake, a real life normal human being, finds Mjolnir and then becomes possessed by Thor. I can see them having a Yugi-Atem sort of relationship. Asgard, as typically depicted would mostly be either dead or abandoned after Ragnarok with Thor asking Donald to research what happened to Asgard and the Nine Realms. Donald would go to his adoptive brother, Cole, who studying anthropology. Donald and Thor don't know it yet, but Loki is actually in contact with Loki's spirit looking for a way to resurrect him.

Extraordinary Member

Roger Gocking. Gets a dose of Diox-6 or something and gets a low level super strength. 5-7 ton range. Goes back to Hobgoblin to give the Porcupine suit back and Hobs tries to kill him by shooting him in the head not realizing he is now bulletproof. Brutal fight ensues and Roger beats the snot out of Hobgoblin and walks away free and clear.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Roger Gocking. Gets a dose of Diox-6 or something and gets a low level super strength. 5-7 ton range. Goes back to Hobgoblin to give the Porcupine suit back and Hobs tries to kill him by shooting him in the head not realizing he is now bulletproof. Brutal fight ensues and Roger beats the snot out of Hobgoblin and walks away free and clear.
    After what happened in the final arc of Spider-Woman by Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum, that would be gloriously cathartic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

does the Porcupine suit not enhance his strength? i assumed that it was more than body armor. i'm not against him getting low level super strength. i think it'd rather him outsmart Hobgoblin though. respect goes a lot further in the villain community.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    does the Porcupine suit not enhance his strength? i assumed that it was more than body armor. i'm not against him getting low level super strength. i think it'd rather him outsmart Hobgoblin though. respect goes a lot further in the villain community.
    Since it is "revamp" I am revamping him....taking away the suit and give Stength, Stamina and Durability without the suit.

Since it is "revamp" I am revamping him....taking away the suit and give Stength, Stamina and Durability without the suit.
    but revamping him as what? what is he now that he's not the Porcupine?

I thought about Squirrel Girl being connected to the Norse God of Squirrels as part of her origin.

I thought about Jane Foster being connected to Bill Foster. She inherited the Goliath mantle from him.

Before Dr. Strange and Age of Ultron came out i thought having Pietro and Wanda raised by Baron Mordo.

For Iron Fist, I wanted to play up the mysticism of the character. I wanna dwelve into the relationship he would have with shou-lao. I also wanted a flashback arc where misty tries to teach him how to do undercover work. He also went to college and a degree in something, he's been on Earth long enough for that to happen.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-09-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Before Dr. Strange and Age of Ultron came out i thought having Pietro and Wanda raised by Baron Mordo.
    Ooh. That would be a twist.

Although it might fit the region to have them raised instead by Margali Szardos, loosely connecting them to Nightcrawler as well.

Or to have poor Bova, with her over-developed maternal instinct, and lack of functional ovaries (since the High Evolutionary didn't want his New Men to be breeding, but only serve as his creations), to find out that Wanda had used magic to have children with the Vision, and dabbled in sorcery herself to get pregnant, which worked, thanks to the help of Chthon (who plays the part of Mephisto and 'daddy' in this tale of woe)...

For Iron Fist, I wanted to play up the mysticism of the character. I wanna dwelve into the relationship he would have with shou-lao. I also wanted a flashback arc where misty tries to teach him how to do undercover work. He also went to college and a degree in something, he's been on Earth long enough for that to happen.
    Tying the Iron Fist to Shou-Lao more directly, as 'the Dragon's Claw,' would interesting, and suggest the possibility of there being *other* 'Dragon Warriors,' such as one who channels their ki to summon 'the Jade Shield' (the dragon's scales, an impenetrable green energy hemisphere), or the 'Cloud-Stepping Stance' (the dragon's wings, a blue energy set of 'force wings' used for great leaps and to sweep foes aside) or the 'Six Fiery Invectives' (the dragon's breath, from a tiny spit of flame to light a cigarette to a massive gout of fire). Like Danny, the other three 'Dragon Soldiers' would be primarily martial artists, who only draw on their ki to do their superhuman tricks in extremis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but revamping him as what? what is he now that he's not the Porcupine?
    That I would have to think on....might just be plain old Roger with super strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh. That would be a twist.

Although it might fit the region to have them raised instead by Margali Szardos, loosely connecting them to Nightcrawler as well.

Or to have poor Bova, with her over-developed maternal instinct, and lack of functional ovaries (since the High Evolutionary didn't want his New Men to be breeding, but only serve as his creations), to find out that Wanda had used magic to have children with the Vision, and dabbled in sorcery herself to get pregnant, which worked, thanks to the help of Chthon (who plays the part of Mephisto and 'daddy' in this tale of woe)...

Tying the Iron Fist to Shou-Lao more directly, as 'the Dragon's Claw,' would interesting, and suggest the possibility of there being *other* 'Dragon Warriors,' such as one who channels their ki to summon 'the Jade Shield' (the dragon's scales, an impenetrable green energy hemisphere), or the 'Cloud-Stepping Stance' (the dragon's wings, a blue energy set of 'force wings' used for great leaps and to sweep foes aside) or the 'Six Fiery Invectives' (the dragon's breath, from a tiny spit of flame to light a cigarette to a massive gout of fire). Like Danny, the other three 'Dragon Soldiers' would be primarily martial artists, who only draw on their ki to do their superhuman tricks in extremis.
    Mordo works more as a Magneto parallel/stand-in.

The stuff with Bovino could work as a Scarlet Witch solo plot thread.

The Iron fist stuff you mentioned could work. It would help set up an Iron Fist legacy but I think you would have to sort through how Chi works and what Iron Fist's role is in the grand scheme of things.

Extraordinary Member

Make Free Spirit the new Nomad. She's real pissed after the whole Stevil Rogers killing Jack Flag and taking over the country. Knows it was not real Steve but cannot look at him without seeing Stevil. Her suit looks like the Cap's Winter Soldier movie suit without the white stripes and star on the chest...solid blue. Give her escrima sticks to beat on people with.

Make Free Spirit the new Nomad. She's real pissed after the whole Stevil Rogers killing Jack Flag and taking over the country. Knows it was not real Steve but cannot look at him without seeing Stevil. Her suit looks like the Cap's Winter Soldier movie suit without the white stripes and star on the chest...solid blue. Give her escrima sticks to beat on people with.
    I'm half expecting her to become the new Scourge.

Extraordinary Member

Little bit of thread necromancy here....

Priscilla Lyons aka Vagabond. 'Partner' of Nomad...and by 'partner' she was his girlfriend who tagged along on his adventures. Became a recruit for the Scourge program...but did not have it in her to drop the hammer on some washed up former costumed bad guy and worked with U.S. Agent to take down the Scourge Program.

I would bring her back as a speedster. After the thing with U.S. Agent she went back Indiana an becomes a PI. She was working a surveillance job when Black Bolt committed his terrorist act and released a WMD on the Earth. She got terrigenated and after 2 days in the cocoon she hatched and had powers on par with Speed Demon. She is even more protective of her secret ID than Spider-Man. Captain America comes to town to investigate something and they reconnect and take down a bad guy. Cap stays in touch and uses her as an operative to handle cases that come into his Hotline when he is otherwise engaged with Avenger's business.