Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

SHAMAN & TALISMAN

Picture Ash vs Evil Dead but with Zahn McClarnon playing Ash and a young Irene Bedard as his daughter/sidekick

Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen would be thrust back into a world he had tried to escape when a demonic entity began overtaking/corrupting the residents of a small town where his medical practice was set up. It eventually takes his wife who he, initially, hesitates to kill. This cost him his son’s life. This begins the end of his quiet life as he and his daughter move from town to town, hunting the body jumping demons who now also have the mother of his children. Together they do avenge their family. But they keep on moving around and hunting supernatural threats; partially out of guilt for letting the evil spread and partly because it’s their heritage (coming from a long line of sorcerers). It’s while hunting Snowbird, whom they’ve mistaken for a threat, that they first encounter Alpha Flight (and the Wendigo that is also after Narya).

Michael and Elizabeth have a strong bond and a language all their own. He’s protective of his daughter and mostly keeps her out of Flight business. But her fate is pretty much set in stone. She will eventually take his place on the team and inherit the magic medicine pouch.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    SHAMAN & TALISMAN

Picture Ash vs Evil Dead but with Zahn McClarnon playing Ash and a young Irene Bedard as his daughter/sidekick

Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen would be thrust back into a world he had tried to escape when a demonic entity began overtaking/corrupting the residents of a small town where his medical practice was set up. It eventually takes his wife who he, initially, hesitates to kill. This cost him his son’s life. This begins the end of his quiet life as he and his daughter move from town to town, hunting the body jumping demons who now also have the mother of his children. Together they do avenge their family. But they keep on moving around and hunting supernatural threats; partially out of guilt for letting the evil spread and partly because it’s their heritage (coming from a long line of sorcerers). It’s while hunting Snowbird, whom they’ve mistaken for a threat, that they first encounter Alpha Flight (and the Wendigo that is also after Narya).

Michael and Elizabeth have a strong bond and a language all their own. He’s protective of his daughter and mostly keeps her out of Flight business. But her fate is pretty much set in stone. She will eventually take his place on the team and inherit the magic medicine pouch.
    That sounds like a pretty cool take on Shaman and Talisman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

PUCK

An actual little person whose x-gene makes him one of the most formidable and unpredictable melee fighters within the marvel universe. His dense skin and skeleton make him near indestructible and afford him a measure of enhanced strength. Yet he’s quick and agile enough to keep pace with someone like Nightcrawler. I would keep his history as a soldier of fortune, bullfighter, and adventurer. His altered skin makes him look a lot younger than his chronological age. Still an old drinking buddy of Logan’s. And still unlucky at love.

PUCK

An actual little person whose x-gene makes him one of the most formidable and unpredictable melee fighters within the marvel universe. His dense skin and skeleton make him near indestructible and afford him a measure of enhanced strength. Yet he’s quick and agile enough to keep pace with someone like Nightcrawler. I would keep his history as a soldier of fortune, bullfighter, and adventurer. His altered skin makes him look a lot younger than his chronological age. Still an old drinking buddy of Logan’s. And still unlucky at love.
    Not bad. Are you going to do a wholesale Alpha Flight revamp, by any chance?

SASQUATCH

I am tweaking Walt so that he’s a professional athlete turned tv personality who gradually loses the use of his limbs due to a dangerous stunt gone wrong. So he’s basically Christopher Reeves spending his fortune on medical research and miracle cures. His desperation leads him to a private lab focused on crossspecies genetic bonding to promote cellular regeneration. They don’t tell Walt that the stem cells are coming from a “magical” crypto’s. Initially the cure works as promised. He’s feeling better than ever...thennnn Sasquatch. Department H is more than happy to use him while pretending that there’s a cure. He sometimes employs an image inducer. The big change was making Walt a cultured elitist instead of a scientist. I did this for three reasons. 1) Beast has cornered that market 2) Professor Hulk exists and 3) I am upgrading Heather into the resident meta human biologist so that she has a legitimate reason to be around besides being Mac’s romantic interest. Walt is still highly intelligent and full of esoteric knowledge because he was never content with being known as just an athlete. But Mac is their engineer. And his wife is their bio expert.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-05-2020 at 08:48 PM.

SASQUATCH

I am tweaking Walt so that he’s a professional athlete turned tv personality who gradually loses the use of his limbs due to a dangerous stunt gone wrong. So he’s basically Christopher Reeve spending his fortune on medical research and miracle cures. His desperation leads him to a private lab focused on crossspecies genetic bonding to promote cellular regeneration. They don’t tell Walt that the stem cells are coming from a “magical” crypto’s. Initially the cure works as promised. He’s feeling better than ever...thennnn Sasquatch. Department H is more than happy to use him while pretending that there’s a cure. He sometimes employs an image inducer. The big change was making Walt a cultured elitist instead of a scientist. I did this for three reasons. 1) Beast has cornered that market 2) Professor Hulk exists and 3) I am upgrading Heather into the resident meta human biologist so that she has a legitimate reason to be around besides being Mac’s romantic interest. Walt is still highly intelligent and full of esoteric knowledge because he was never content with being known as just an athlete. But Mac is their engineer. And his wife is their bio expert.
    This definitely works. Does his origin still tie in to Hulk's, or are they completely separate in your revamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not bad. Are you going to do a wholesale Alpha Flight revamp, by any chance?
    In a way. I’ve actually done this before. But I have been tweaking them individually as I consume more entertainment media. I’m focusing on setting them apart from other teams. They are more “Misfits of Science” than a government sanctioned team. But Department H definitely try to regulate them. It’s a mutual decision for Wolverine to leave because weapon plus considers him to be property and too dangerous a weapon to be operating in Canada without controls in place. Alpha Flight isn’t having it. Gamma Flight is created as a counter-measure. Marvel Canada will owe a lot of their problems to an other dimensional fissure (allowing the great beasts entry) and an unseen & ancient threat hiding in plain sight throughout the ages affectionately known as the Master of the World. The Master has found a way to alter humans (really latents) by grafting metahuman tissue you them. You probably know his work.

Wildchild (Sabretooth)
    Diamond Lil (Puck)
    Wyre (The Skinless Man)
    etc

I want to set the Master up as a less refined Mister Sinister. He’s played an ungodly number of roles in his lifetime. But it’s always about garnering influence with him. He doesn’t care about scientific progress. He’s making monsters to keep the population down and his potential enemies in check. He’s a lot like Daniel Day-Lewis’ character in There Will Be Blood, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This definitely works. Does his origin still tie in to Hulk's, or are they completely separate in your revamp?
    No gamma tie-in at least. Unless that’s some of the radiation used in the bonding process. I wanted to keep it in house. They are united by a common threat. The Wendigo is hunting Snowbird. The Twoyoungmen family is hunting the Wendigo but don’t realize it. Mac and Heather are, both, trying to protect Snowbird and deal with a mysterious clawed stranger who will be instrumental in fighting the Wendigo. The Twins are released from a department H holding cell only for the added firepower; giving them a chance to prove themselves. And Walt is forced to confront what he has become while fighting a nightmarish version of himself. And yes there will be a fight between Wolverine and the Hulk. And Walt will get to test the limits of his new form.

Ultimate Member

SASQUATCH

I am tweaking Walt so that he’s a professional athlete turned tv personality who gradually loses the use of his limbs due to a dangerous stunt gone wrong. So he’s basically Christopher Reeves spending his fortune on medical research and miracle cures. His desperation leads him to a private lab focused on crossspecies genetic bonding to promote cellular regeneration. They don’t tell Walt that the stem cells are coming from a “magical” crypto’s. Initially the cure works as promised. He’s feeling better than ever...thennnn Sasquatch. Department H is more than happy to use him while pretending that there’s a cure. He sometimes employs an image inducer. The big change was making Walt a cultured elitist instead of a scientist. I did this for three reasons. 1) Beast has cornered that market 2) Professor Hulk exists and 3) I am upgrading Heather into the resident meta human biologist so that she has a legitimate reason to be around besides being Mac’s romantic interest. Walt is still highly intelligent and full of esoteric knowledge because he was never content with being known as just an athlete. But Mac is their engineer. And his wife is their bio expert.
    I like toning down Langowski a tad. I like the character, but gosh, a big strong Aryan super-model-looking dude who played pro football to pay for his super-scientific degree to give himself Hulk-like powers, without the Hulk-like-drawbacks? Goodness. I'll bet he never had a pimple, either. Oh yeah, we later find out his family is rich. GTFO.

That said, I *really* did like the twist that his powers came from Tanaraq.

This Walt being stuck in Sasquatch form is an interesting twist, and I don't mind him having been an insanely perfect specimen before hand, knowing that he accidentally shut himself out of that. 'Cause I'm mean and here for the angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like toning down Langowski a tad. I like the character, but gosh, a big strong Aryan super-model-looking dude who played pro football to pay for his super-scientific degree to give himself Hulk-like powers, without the Hulk-like-drawbacks? Goodness. I'll bet he never had a pimple, either. Oh yeah, we later find out his family is rich. GTFO.

That said, I *really* did like the twist that his powers came from Tanaraq.

This Walt being stuck in Sasquatch form is an interesting twist, and I don't mind him having been an insanely perfect specimen before hand, knowing that he accidentally shut himself out of that. 'Cause I'm mean and here for the angst.
    It’s an excessive pride tale, certainly. He would not have shy’d away from the label of renaissance man prior to his incident. He did have money, fame, and a mirror above his bed. Alternative medicine is something he had openly condemned on his talk show prior to the accident. Yet, like Stephen Strange, he was forced to open his mind. And I never said that Tabaraq wasn’t involved. They grafted monster flesh to him. It came from somewhere. I guess that I should add that he hits it off with Snowbird because, when they “mesh spirits,” he is able to look like his old self. They go to a higher plane. I got this particular concept from the Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters book. The skin grafting is from ‘Project: Metalbeast.”
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-06-2020 at 06:06 AM.

I might skip altering Guardian and Snowbird. They are simple enough concepts that no change is needed. I already made Heather a biologist. She’ll be super busy studying the biology of the weirdos that they have to turn over to Department H. And she would maintain a link to the organization that causes some strain between she and Mac. Keep in mind that the latter, from their perspective, stole the exoskeleton beneath his Guardian smart suit. They are both wary of the government’s motives for identifying superhumans and for good reason. I mentioned Wildchild and Diamond Lil already. But they also have a Purple Girl locked away. And they are “milking” her to keep other prisoners in line. Madison and Lionel Jeffries are still reluctantly in the Canadian military’s employ. Lionel would resemble Billy Idol. Madison would have an Adrian Brody vibe. He can share his sentience with machines. Lionel animates/manipulates organics. One of the staff undergoes a procedure similar to Walt’s but becomes a raging Wendigo. They bring him back under control with brain surgery and a cybernetic kill switch. I’m establishing that twins in the marvel universe are statistically more likely to be latent superhumans for whatever reason. And that’s how Double Trouble find themselves as part of Weapon Prime. The mutant Stinger’s dna is introduced into their systems. And the secret of the grafting process is that there’s a sliver of the Master’s altered dna in all of them.

Northstar and Aurora

I would swipe Wanda and Pietro’s movie origin. Both grow up in some kind of orphanage with a religious bent. Both are badly abused. Jean-Paul decides that they are going to leave. It’s no better on the streets. Jeanne-Marie develops a dissociative disorder and returns to the orphanage. Jean Paul stays with a man he met while shoplifting. They see each other periodically (with Jean-Paul never knowing which version of his sister he is meeting). During one of her episodes, Jeanne-Marie physically harms an overly friendly employee of the orphanage and is forced to leave to avoid arrest. At this point, her brother is leading a hedonistic lifestyle with political extremists. He and Jeanne-Marie find a new family that turns out to be a Canadian branch of Hydra. They gain photokinetic abilities that become more intense with physical contact/proximity. I skipped the ski champion and teacher stuff to make them younger. They would be younger than Wanda and Pietro and take inspiration from their path to Avengers membership. Power-wise, they are like Monica Rambeau without the ability to mimic energies other than photonics. When they move at super speed it’s an almost imperceptible full body transformation into light and back. Jean Paul can become blindingly bright and strike at the speed of light. His sister, maybe because of her mental health issues, is far more versatile. She can create a hypnotic light display, create holograms, and go temporarily invisible. When they touch, they have enough energy for laser blasts. anyways, they are in the custody of the Hudsons when they first join Alpha Flight. And yes Northstar is 100% gay.

Your Alpha Flight revamps are some very interesting reinterpretations of those characters. I like them, though is there any chance you'll elaborate on the self-proclaimed Master of the World over in Revamp a Villain?

A small tweak to The Thing's history: He joins the Yancy St. Gang, drops out of high school, years later after some issues he leaves the gang, joins the army, after the army Ben gets his GED and decides to go to college where he meets Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A small tweak to The Thing's history: He joins the Yancy St. Gang, drops out of high school, years later after some issues he leaves the gang, joins the army, after the army Ben gets his GED and decides to go to college where he meets Reed.
    That would be an interesting idea. It'd add a personal dimension to his rivalry with the Yancy St. Gang, as some might respect him for "making it out" and others might resent him for what they feel is him "selling out."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    How old is he in relation to Reed?