Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

My own eventual tweak to Alpha Flight. Whatever goes on around everyone else, eventually the Master of the World is taken down for good, and the Plodex ship responds now to it's true 'Master,' Marrina Smallwood. It can't fly, but it's a massive base full of alien super-tech, and the gathering point for every other Plodex on the planet, who are barely sentient, and all of which also instinctively recognize her as 'the boss.' She may not be 'Master of the World,' but she's a big, big deal on her corner of it. All sorts of governments and cabals have all sorts of thoughts about all that sweet, sweet alien tech. And it only answers to her, with her Plodex DNA. The base could become a veritable city, perhaps occupied by refugees with no where else to go (alien refugees, perhaps, like Skrulls, who can't really seek asylum anywhere else on the planet, and no longer have a homeworld of their own, primarily due to an earth-woman leading Galactus there...).

Incredible Member

Expand on Jubilee's powers now that she got them back, namely how receiving a portion of the Phoenix Force supercharged them when it restored her powers and cured her of vampirism. As to what direction I would take with it, think Fetch's neon powers from Infamous: Second Son/First Light which in themselves were designed with Jubilee in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Your Alpha Flight revamps are some very interesting reinterpretations of those characters. I like them, though is there any chance you'll elaborate on the self-proclaimed Master of the World over in Revamp a Villain?
    I’m working on the hook. Eshu’s origin is currently very Vandal Savage-esque. He’s a 4,000 and some change year old nomadic hunter who wandered into an alien ship and came out a mastermind. I kind of hate how similar it is to Apocalypse’s story. I am tempted to work the Great Beasts back into it; substituting them for the Plodex aliens. Like he managed to kill one of the lesser beasts so, recognizing him as a rare specimen, the Beasts came to an arrangement with Eshu. What struck me in my research was the masquerading as a political figure. It was already part of my revamp before getting to know the character. I like a villain who is a little off and has a dark sense of humor. So my version would definitely be different people during different era. He wants influence and to find exceptional people he can dominate. He monitors but not always from a distance like Doom or Thanos. He has a perverse curiosity about people despite being an antisocial nomad for much of his life. It’s mainly to toy with them. That’s why he often has a hand in creating the threats that alpha flight encounters. Monsters roaming around reminds him of his childhood. He will eventually feel very much at home in Weird World.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My own eventual tweak to Alpha Flight. Whatever goes on around everyone else, eventually the Master of the World is taken down for good, and the Plodex ship responds now to it's true 'Master,' Marrina Smallwood. It can't fly, but it's a massive base full of alien super-tech, and the gathering point for every other Plodex on the planet, who are barely sentient, and all of which also instinctively recognize her as 'the boss.' She may not be 'Master of the World,' but she's a big, big deal on her corner of it. All sorts of governments and cabals have all sorts of thoughts about all that sweet, sweet alien tech. And it only answers to her, with her Plodex DNA. The base could become a veritable city, perhaps occupied by refugees with no where else to go (alien refugees, perhaps, like Skrulls, who can't really seek asylum anywhere else on the planet, and no longer have a homeworld of their own, primarily due to an earth-woman leading Galactus there...).
    Would she be a hero or something else? Last we saw of her she resembled a giant sea serpent. Well it was the last that I saw of her; not having read the fear itself story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I’m working on the hook. Eshu’s origin is currently very Vandal Savage-esque. He’s a 4,000 and some change year old nomadic hunter who wandered into an alien ship and came out a mastermind. I kind of hate how similar it is to Apocalypse’s story. I am tempted to work the Great Beasts back into it; substituting them for the Plodex aliens. Like he managed to kill one of the lesser beasts so, recognizing him as a rare specimen, the Beasts came to an arrangement with Eshu. What struck me in my research was the masquerading as a political figure. It was already part of my revamp before getting to know the character. I like a villain who is a little off and has a dark sense of humor. So my version would definitely be different people during different era. He wants influence and to find exceptional people he can dominate. He monitors but not always from a distance like Doom or Thanos. He has a perverse curiosity about people despite being an antisocial nomad for much of his life. It’s mainly to toy with them. That’s why he often has a hand in creating the threats that alpha flight encounters. Monsters roaming around reminds him of his childhood. He will eventually feel very much at home in Weird World.
    I like your take on the Master of the World.

Hmm, that would definitely be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How old is he in relation to Reed?
    I think Ben and Reed are suppose to be around the same age but i don't think it hurts to make Ben older

Ultimate Member

Would she be a hero or something else? Last we saw of her she resembled a giant sea serpent. Well it was the last that I saw of her; not having read the fear itself story.
    She's back to humanoid, inexplicably, although her hair is darker (black with a tint of green, as opposed to the lighter green Byrne used) and she's all 'woo, aliens! Humans suck!' for no obvious reason. I picture her being pretty stationary, sticking to her burgeoning community which is A) kinda hated by everyone else on earth, and yet B) totally preferred to having all these aliens / Plodex / whatever skulking around the entire planet. She will, paradoxically, get along *mostly* well with the local Nunavut authorities, despite being plonked down in the middle of their territory (Shaman might have something to do with that, as he massages tensions and yet also tries to keep her from stirring things up. Aliens are not allowed to wander out and kill reindeer for food, for instance, but have to stick to purchased stuff, or machine-made synthetics, and that would be the sort of thing that would cause friction, a couple Plodex sneaking out and killing a bunch of reindeer for funsies...).

But she's more of a state-leader like Namor or T'Challa or Dr. Doom or Black Bolt than a traditional super-hero, at this point (and like those four, might get called out and mix it up, from time to time).

It'd be neat, IMO, to add a lady to the list of 'runs their own community' types, like the above-mentioned dudes, and there's a ton of alien refugees out there, and already a fair number scattered around on Earth, so having a specific community for them, that can support itself with the Plodex tech (responsive to boss-lady's instructions), which can probably generate power, synthesize food, etc. and provide some sort of carefully-measured scientific research into said tech (or just sell goods the Plodex machines can create) to buy other stuff (and since any of that interaction would likely go through Nunavut intermediaries, they'd get a cut, and it would be a potential resource to them as well, with the argument being 'it was here under us all along, why shouldn't we get some benefit from it?').

She's back to humanoid, inexplicably, although her hair is darker (black with a tint of green, as opposed to the lighter green Byrne used) and she's all 'woo, aliens! Humans suck!' for no obvious reason. I picture her being pretty stationary, sticking to her burgeoning community which is A) kinda hated by everyone else on earth, and yet B) totally preferred to having all these aliens / Plodex / whatever skulking around the entire planet. She will, paradoxically, get along *mostly* well with the local Nunavut authorities, despite being plonked down in the middle of their territory (Shaman might have something to do with that, as he massages tensions and yet also tries to keep her from stirring things up. Aliens are not allowed to wander out and kill reindeer for food, for instance, but have to stick to purchased stuff, or machine-made synthetics, and that would be the sort of thing that would cause friction, a couple Plodex sneaking out and killing a bunch of reindeer for funsies...).

But she's more of a state-leader like Namor or T'Challa or Dr. Doom or Black Bolt than a traditional super-hero, at this point (and like those four, might get called out and mix it up, from time to time).

It'd be neat, IMO, to add a lady to the list of 'runs their own community' types, like the above-mentioned dudes, and there's a ton of alien refugees out there, and already a fair number scattered around on Earth, so having a specific community for them, that can support itself with the Plodex tech (responsive to boss-lady's instructions), which can probably generate power, synthesize food, etc. and provide some sort of carefully-measured scientific research into said tech (or just sell goods the Plodex machines can create) to buy other stuff (and since any of that interaction would likely go through Nunavut intermediaries, they'd get a cut, and it would be a potential resource to them as well, with the argument being 'it was here under us all along, why shouldn't we get some benefit from it?').
    Thanks for the clarification. Very interesting rework. I think someone like Superia or Zarda should have established a nation state by now.

Thanks for the clarification. Very interesting rework. I think someone like Superia or Zarda should have established a nation state by now.
    Definitely interesting. I could have seen Superia taking over A.I.M. Island, for example, at least before Sunspot bought out A.I.M. as a whole.

Ultimate Member

Definitely interesting. I could have seen Superia taking over A.I.M. Island, for example, at least before Sunspot bought out A.I.M. as a whole.
    Superia feels a little over the top, like a misandrist caricature. Zarda might be an interesting choice, though, or Moonstone, but I wanted more of a Namor / Black Bolt / T'Challa analogue, than a Dr. Doom, someone who might have some conflicted interests, and end up opposing some heroes for political reasons, but isn't actually a super-villain.

Superia feels a little over the top, like a misandrist caricature. Zarda might be an interesting choice, though, or Moonstone, but I wanted more of a Namor / Black Bolt / T'Challa analogue, than a Dr. Doom, someone who might have some conflicted interests, and end up opposing some heroes for political reasons, but isn't actually a super-villain.
    That makes more sense. I could see that.

1. I'd like Revamp Hellcat (Patsy Walker). After the NEtflix Jessica Jones show, she's got a special place in my heart now. I think she needs a revamp. I would probably explore more of her supernatural side. In the comics wasn't she married to like the son of Satan or something like that. I'd make her something a traveling Paranormal Investigator kinda like Constantine only without the swearing and English accent LOL. She could study under Doc Strange or maybe she might be more interested in Dark Magic.

2. I would also Revamp Maria Hill. She can be a decent character sometimes. I would have her strike out on her own and start her own spy company but it would half-comedy half-serious, almost like Archer. She would be like a younger Malory Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    1. I'd like Revamp Hellcat (Patsy Walker). After the NEtflix Jessica Jones show, she's got a special place in my heart now. I think she needs a revamp. I would probably explore more of her supernatural side. In the comics wasn't she married to like the son of Satan or something like that. I'd make her something a traveling Paranormal Investigator kinda like Constantine only without the swearing and English accent LOL. She could study under Doc Strange or maybe she might be more interested in Dark Magic.

2. I would also Revamp Maria Hill. She can be a decent character sometimes. I would have her strike out on her own and start her own spy company but it would half-comedy half-serious, almost like Archer. She would be like a younger Malory Archer.
    I like your ideas, especially the second. However, she's burned so many bridges by this point, I'm just wondering who would still be willing to join her.

I like your ideas, especially the second. However, she's burned so many bridges by this point, I'm just wondering who would still be willing to join her.
    Why thank you. LOL. And actually finding ppl to join her new organization would be a plot point, or at least the first story arc. And I don't know why but I could see her maybe getting Mockingbird to join on a case by case basis with a frenemy vibe between the two of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I had an idea years ago for a bunch of teen heroes who were descendants / legacies of modern Marvel heroes and one was Hellwalker, the daughter of Patsy and Daimon. Inherits her dad's strength, toughness and mastery of hellfire, book looks more like her mom. Uses the Devil-Slayer cape to teleport and conjure weapons (generally made of netheranium, and able to channel her hellfire), as Patsy once did. Has a tattoo on her belly of a pentacle and carries, I'm not even kidding, a 'Six-Demon Bag,' from which she conjures bound demons, such as a pair of fiery imps that look more like wicked cherubs, a 'hell hound' or something that looks like a bipedal Jersey Devil that she uses as a flying steed.

With no great change, this could just be Patsy. She's already been to hell and been married to Daimon, so could have incorporated some of his hellish power, without necessarily being his kid, and she's already worn the Devil-Slayer cape. She know only the most rudimentary magic, mostly ritual stuff to locate missing items or exorcise spirits / demons or erect magical wards on doorways or whatever, not magic zaps and force fields (although being able to channel hellfire covers the magic zaps part anyway, but that's a magical superpower, not a 'spell she casts').

'Here's Patsy!' turns Constantine. The most 180 degree character turn imaginable!