Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    1. I'd like Revamp Hellcat (Patsy Walker). After the NEtflix Jessica Jones show, she's got a special place in my heart now. I think she needs a revamp. I would probably explore more of her supernatural side. In the comics wasn't she married to like the son of Satan or something like that. I'd make her something a traveling Paranormal Investigator kinda like Constantine only without the swearing and English accent LOL. She could study under Doc Strange or maybe she might be more interested in Dark Magic.

2. I would also Revamp Maria Hill. She can be a decent character sometimes. I would have her strike out on her own and start her own spy company but it would half-comedy half-serious, almost like Archer. She would be like a younger Malory Archer.
    During the early 2000s I did a revamp of Hellcat which was pretty much a combo of Buffy the vampire slayer, smallville, and the latest Sabrina the teenage witch series. Her powers were black magic in nature. And her small corner of the marvel universe/town was cursed. The Salem’s Seven went to her school. And Nicholas Scratch was the principal or something like that. She operated like a typical costumed adventurer. But there was something much darker going on. I can’t remember what I did with Nighthawk. Just that he had to die to get his powers and that he was Indian American, Kal Richmond. He was of similar age to Patsy. Same personality as the original. But I added that he was a comic book reader and based his costumed identity on his favorite fictional character. It ties into my rewrite of the Squadron Supreme. They start out as fictional comic characters within the marvel universe. They are brought to life by a cosmic cube for, initially, nefarious purposes. They are relocated to a world with no superhumans by Reed Richards.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Why thank you. LOL. And actually finding ppl to join her new organization would be a plot point, or at least the first story arc. And I don't know why but I could see her maybe getting Mockingbird to join on a case by case basis with a frenemy vibe between the two of them.
    You're welcome, and that could be fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Falcon

‘Welcome to Skull Island’

I am short on time so this won’t be detailed.

. Steve Rogers does a personal favor for Nick Fury, investigating the disappearance of two operatives
    . These operatives are not SHIELD agents because my version of SHIELD often operates through proxies ex. drafting an FBI agent to tail someone or an army ranger to rescue a hostage
    . Steve’s search leads him into an ambush
    . He winds up on a private island belonging to the Red Skull and his private army
    . Sam Wilson’s role in the military is the same as in the Winter Soldier movie
    . He and his partner flew to skull island to find a missing scientist and an undercover SHIELD agent
    . They were overtaken and joined several other prisoners
    . The partner was killed in combat
    . The prisoners are forced to fight (sometimes to the death) against each other and Hydra mercs for entertainment
    . Sam is the man to beat/undisputed butt kicker before Cap arrives
    . It’s through having to fight one another and endure torture (penalty for not killing) that they become compatriots
    . I should note that Steve is incognito/wearing a holographic disguise throughout
    . The Red Skull recognizes Rogers by his fighting style just as he and Sam come up with a plan to mobilize the prisoners, widdle away the Skull’s forces, and stop whatever project he needed the scientist for
    . Yadda yadda, they save the day and Cap extends the offer to team up on occasion
    . Sam, a bird hobbyist, takes the codename Falcon
    . Red Wing is an altered drone that had once been used on skull island to monitor the perimeter and a gift from SHIELD
    . Sam continues his education and pursues social work as his day job
    . He also has political aspirations and is very involved in his community; forgoing a secret identity
    . Hands down he’s one of the most natural fighters (who isn’t using some version of Kung fu) in the marvel universe
    and a decent trainer
    . At some point, he gets a slight upgrade thanks to Moses Magnum (leading a faction of AIM) and his science team (led by Doc Nightshade) wanting him as their brainwashed propaganda champion. It makes him peak human but he’s not lifting tanks or anything. I’m just setting up a future turn as Captain America.
    . No snap wilson

Cloak and Dagger

You’re going to hate me for this. It’s a more upbeat version of Chronicle or maybe Stranger Things(?)

Off the bat, I have never been a fan of the characters. Tyrone is a name that I’ve heard used in a derogatory fashion for black people, in my youth. And him being a stutterer makes me think of black comic relief characters from the 50s. Then there’s his very passive powers and drugs being the source. Full disclosure. On to the revamp.

Cloak - Tyra Johnson black Latina teenager who lives with her priest grandfather Father Delgado (who never approved of his daughter’s relationship with Tyra’s father) she’s a bit of a hellion and reminded daily to not let her inner darkness overcome her- otherwise she’s clever, independent, and someone her teacher’s would see potential in

Dagger - Tandy Bowen white teen from a well to do mess of a family abusive control freak father and co-dependent mother - the only light in her life is dance and a budding relationship with a popular boy at her new school

This story begins at a raging party at temporarily parentless house of a jock. Tandy’s crush turns out to be not so nice. She’s drugged and nearly raped. Tyra intervenes with her camera phone. Both girls are chased out into the woods where they fall into a crater left by fallen space debris earlier in the evening. It psychically bonds the girls while altering them physically giving them strange powers over light and dark. After the requisite freak out period and avoiding each other, they begin to explore what they can do with the power. Tyra stops Tandy from killing her father (but he does spend some time in a dark force dimension)
    Tandy stops Tyra from killing the rapey dudes
    Both agree that they should help others and protect society’s vulnerable
    Cloak manifests the cloak only when descending, levitating, or when she needs to swallow a bad guy in dark force
    Normally she’s in a more action centric suit and short jacket
    She also uses offensive tendrils made of dark force and can create small apertures to travel through similar to Blink
    Dagger’s powers haven’t changed much but she’s very graceful/acrobatic and likes to use blinding light to her advantage
    They mostly operate out of the grandfather’s place since he’s occupied with church business

Incredible Member

I'd like Revamp Hellcat (Patsy Walker). After the NEtflix Jessica Jones show, she's got a special place in my heart now. I think she needs a revamp. I would probably explore more of her supernatural side. In the comics wasn't she married to like the son of Satan or something like that. I'd make her something a traveling Paranormal Investigator kinda like Constantine only without the swearing and English accent LOL. She could study under Doc Strange or maybe she might be more interested in Dark Magic.
    Hellcat
    - Marvel missed an opportunity to turn Patsy into a paranormal investigator, off the top of my head I really can’t think of anyone that actually fills that role that isn’t on the same level as Doctor Strange and hence overqualified/too busy to actually pursue that line of work.
    - Honestly I would revisit her relationship with Daimon Hellstrom and Dorothy Walker’s pact with Avarrish & Mephisto as both are significant events in Tish’s life. With the way Hellstrom flip-flops back and forth between being a hero and a villain I could easily see him taking on the role of primary frienemy in a series centered around Hellcat insofar as he could feature as Patsy’s primary demonic consultant whose agenda more often than not brings them into conflict. For that matter Patsy would definitely have post-traumatic stress from her time in hell, with her connection to feline abilities augmented as an unintended side effect.
    - Actually delve into the latent psionic potential originally hinted at during her time training under Moondragon back on Titan, even better if it were to manifest in the form of metaphysical attunement.
    - Given her powerset, name, and theme, I think having it implied Patsy attracted the attention of Bast or similar entity over the course of her own solo or team driven series would make a lot of sense. Likewise revisit the plotline of the Balkatar in that Hellcat could serve as a potential candidate to become the new Balkatar alongside Tigra and Puma.

I would also Revamp Maria Hill. She can be a decent character sometimes. I would have her strike out on her own and start her own spy company but it would half-comedy half-serious, almost like Archer. She would be like a younger Malory Archer.
    While I find that concept amusing simply on the grounds that I enjoy Archer, I watch the show for Sterling not Mallory. That being said who would be your Archer? Don't say Clint...though with how people generally view him I could kinda see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The Falcon

‘Welcome to Skull Island’

I am short on time so this won’t be detailed.

. Steve Rogers does a personal favor for Nick Fury, investigating the disappearance of two operatives
    . These operatives are not SHIELD agents because my version of SHIELD often operates through proxies ex. drafting an FBI agent to tail someone or an army ranger to rescue a hostage
    . Steve’s search leads him into an ambush
    . He winds up on a private island belonging to the Red Skull and his private army
    . Sam Wilson’s role in the military is the same as in the Winter Soldier movie
    . He and his partner flew to skull island to find a missing scientist and an undercover SHIELD agent
    . They were overtaken and joined several other prisoners
    . The partner was killed in combat
    . The prisoners are forced to fight (sometimes to the death) against each other and Hydra mercs for entertainment
    . Sam is the man to beat/undisputed butt kicker before Cap arrives
    . It’s through having to fight one another and endure torture (penalty for not killing) that they become compatriots
    . I should note that Steve is incognito/wearing a holographic disguise throughout
    . The Red Skull recognizes Rogers by his fighting style just as he and Sam come up with a plan to mobilize the prisoners, widdle away the Skull’s forces, and stop whatever project he needed the scientist for
    . Yadda yadda, they save the day and Cap extends the offer to team up on occasion
    . Sam, a bird hobbyist, takes the codename Falcon
    . Red Wing is an altered drone that had once been used on skull island to monitor the perimeter and a gift from SHIELD
    . Sam continues his education and pursues social work as his day job
    . He also has political aspirations and is very involved in his community; forgoing a secret identity
    . Hands down he’s one of the most natural fighters (who isn’t using some version of Kung fu) in the marvel universe
    and a decent trainer
    . At some point, he gets a slight upgrade thanks to Moses Magnum (leading a faction of AIM) and his science team (led by Doc Nightshade) wanting him as their brainwashed propaganda champion. It makes him peak human but he’s not lifting tanks or anything. I’m just setting up a future turn as Captain America.
    . No snap wilson
    This one, I like.

Cloak and Dagger

You’re going to hate me for this. It’s a more upbeat version of Chronicle or maybe Stranger Things(?)

Off the bat, I have never been a fan of the characters. Tyrone is a name that I’ve heard used in a derogatory fashion for black people, in my youth. And him being a stutterer makes me think of black comic relief characters from the 50s. Then there’s his very passive powers and drugs being the source. Full disclosure. On to the revamp.

Cloak - Tyra Johnson black Latina teenager who lives with her priest grandfather Father Delgado (who never approved of his daughter’s relationship with Tyra’s father) she’s a bit of a hellion and reminded daily to not let her inner darkness overcome her- otherwise she’s clever, independent, and someone her teacher’s would see potential in

Dagger - Tandy Bowen white teen from a well to do mess of a family abusive control freak father and co-dependent mother - the only light in her life is dance and a budding relationship with a popular boy at her new school

This story begins at a raging party at temporarily parentless house of a jock. Tandy’s crush turns out to be not so nice. She’s drugged and nearly raped. Tyra intervenes with her camera phone. Both girls are chased out into the woods where they fall into a crater left by fallen space debris earlier in the evening. It psychically bonds the girls while altering them physically giving them strange powers over light and dark. After the requisite freak out period and avoiding each other, they begin to explore what they can do with the power. Tyra stops Tandy from killing her father (but he does spend some time in a dark force dimension)
    Tandy stops Tyra from killing the rapey dudes
    Both agree that they should help others and protect society’s vulnerable
    Cloak manifests the cloak only when descending, levitating, or when she needs to swallow a bad guy in dark force
    Normally she’s in a more action centric suit and short jacket
    She also uses offensive tendrils made of dark force and can create small apertures to travel through similar to Blink
    Dagger’s powers haven’t changed much but she’s very graceful/acrobatic and likes to use blinding light to her advantage
    They mostly operate out of the grandfather’s place since he’s occupied with church business
    I don't hate you. This is actually pretty good. That said, are Tyra and Tandy just friends, or do they have the same crypto-romantic tension as their 616 canon counterparts?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This one, I like.

I don't hate you. This is actually pretty good. That said, are Tyra and Tandy just friends, or do they have the same crypto-romantic tension as their 616 canon counterparts?
    They share a literal bond because of the incident that gave them their powers. So it gets messy. Tyra is bisexual and a little conflicted because she has grown up with a priest. There’s love and tension between she and her grandfather. Tandy is more or less heteronormative. But their energies are complimentary. They feel a high when in close proximity. She would definitely be pursuing dudes. Tyra would definitely be physically attracted to her. And there would be some tension. Eventually they would settle into being deeply bonded and supportive sisters. And Tyra would pursue relationships outside of their partnership. I find it more interesting than what, say, my version of Billy and Teddy have. That’s kind of drama free. And this is my way of acknowledging the drug stuff in the comics.

Since no one asked, the ambush that Cap walked into was arranged by Sam’s boss (for lack of a better description), a man named Don Clendenon. He would go on to be the flight armored villain known as the Cardinal. By that point, he had already recruited a few equally corrupt pararescue operatives to form a crew affectionately known as Air Force.

They share a literal bond because of the incident that gave them their powers. So it gets messy. Tyra is bisexual and a little conflicted because she has grown up with a priest. There’s love and tension between she and her grandfather. Tandy is more or less heteronormative. But their energies are complimentary. They feel a high when in close proximity. She would definitely be pursuing dudes. Tyra would definitely be physically attracted to her. And there would be some tension. Eventually they would settle into being deeply bonded and supportive sisters. And Tyra would pursue relationships outside of their partnership. I find it more interesting than what, say, my version of Billy and Teddy have. That’s kind of drama free. And this is my way of acknowledging the drug stuff in the comics.
    That definitely sounds like it can work.

Since no one asked, the ambush that Cap walked into was arranged by Sam’s boss (for lack of a better description), a man named Don Clendenon. He would go on to be the flight armored villain known as the Cardinal. By that point, he had already recruited a few equally corrupt pararescue operatives to form a crew affectionately known as Air Force.
    Would the "Air Force" end up in conflict with the Vulture and his Vulturions?

That definitely sounds like it can work.

Would the "Air Force" end up in conflict with the Vulture and his Vulturions?
    No. They generally avoid the US and any country that has an extradition agreement with them. They like to hijack planes and ships. The Vulturions operate in New York, primarily.

To save space, my revamped Scarecrow is a part of Sam’s Rogues Gallery. His believed to be deceased partner was also the Night Flyer for a short time.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/nhtfly.htm
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-10-2020 at 08:07 AM.

No. They generally avoid the US and any country that has an extradition agreement with them. They like to hijack planes and ships. The Vulturions operate in New York, primarily.

To save space, my revamped Scarecrow is a part of Sam’s Rogues Gallery. His believed to be deceased partner was also the Night Flyer for a short time.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/nhtfly.htm
    That makes sense, and wow, that's a pretty interesting angle to go with --- the partner Sam trusted running a criminal side hustle all along and faking his death so he could go full time with it.

That makes sense, and wow, that's a pretty interesting angle to go with --- the partner Sam trusted running a criminal side hustle all along and faking his death so he could go full time with it.
    It wasn’t a side hustle. He needed extensive surgery to survive his ordeal on Skull Island. The Corporation provided it. I imagine that they have a way to shut him down remotely.

It wasn’t a side hustle. He needed extensive surgery to survive his ordeal on Skull Island. The Corporation provided it. I imagine that they have a way to shut him down remotely.
    Apologies for the misinterpretation on my end. That makes more sense, and makes him kind of a tragic villain, in a sense, as he's being forced into it rather than doing so necessarily of his own free will.

Apologies for the misinterpretation on my end. That makes more sense, and makes him kind of a tragic villain, in a sense, as he's being forced into it rather than doing so necessarily of his own free will.
    No worries. I have always wanted to use that obscure character. This gave me a reason to.

No worries. I have always wanted to use that obscure character. This gave me a reason to.
    That's cool.