Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    the only problems with the flag are who's wearing it. Is it a far-right skinhead thug or is it a patriotic moderate or a jingoistic anti-EU, racist, nobber? Other than that, the only problem I have with Jack is a grown-ass man calling himself 'Joey'. Only one who I know who does that is Joey Barton, a [soccer] player who is a complete toss-pot.
    right. well I'd certainly not choose to make him a racist or a toss pot. but keep in mind that it's probably a nickname that his father uses/used. I don't run around calling myself 'Mickey' for instance; my parents might. when he's in the suit, I'm pretty sure that they'd just refer to him as 'Union Jack' or 'Jack.'

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ok to revamp a group?
    certainly

The original Ultimates, give or take a clone and/or time displaced alternate, are all back courtesy of the Maker... but not for long, if it was up to me. Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, Giant Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Captain America comprise the Maker's team initially. I retcon the Maker as the one who put Owen Reece up to his little experiment that led Reece to getting his powers. I also retcon just how stable those powers are. At some point -- no one but the Maker knows when, but it's soon -- Owen Reece is going to destabilize and take quite a bit of all of creation out with him when he explodes. Reece, of course, doesn't know this.
    so the Maker went back in time to orchestrate the events that led to Owen Reece becoming the Molecule Man?

So the Maker has been spending his time secretly spying on the Beyonders, hoping to discover some way to prevent his own destruction. That he's also saving the rest of the omniverse is of lesser importance to him. The Maker thinks that he has found a possible key to the puzzle and sends the original Ultimates to the Beyonder-verse to retrieve it. They all, of course, get wiped out. Knowing that zero hour is nigh, the Maker next petitions the Tribunal for aid, but before he can argue his case, Oblivion blocks his petition for all of the obvious reasons, trapping the Maker in the Realm of the Forgotten for eternity. Or so it thinks. Ever a thinking man, the Maker soon realizes that the RotF isn't the death sentence that Oblivion intended it to be. Since just about every hero and villain has spent time in comic book limbo at some point or another, the Maker easily assembles a new group of Ultimates. Some are dead. Some are living, but largely unused and unknown. The Maker eventually convinces 13 of these forgotten souls to join his cause and thus the ultimate Ultimates are formed.
    so who is one the team? what is their purpose? their alignment (good, evil, other)?

HAWKEYE

I’ve posted this one before. But it’s a story that is important to me. I’d keep the Matt Fraction version of events (deafness, abusive father, etc) up until Barney and Clint choose to run off. I get the romanticism of running away to join the circus. It worked great for the comics of the time. It was a way to explain Clint’s goofy outfit. And I’d even have Clint, if asked by a teammate, recount his days in the circus; like a true showman. But it would be complete bull****.
    Barney and Clint would come to meet Buck Chisholm; who would find occasional work at carnivals but be in the meth-dealing gun running business. The boys would be introduced to Buck’s “family” of sovereign citizens/domestic terrorists. It’s right outside of their compound that Clint would first learn to use a bow. They hunt to eat and Clint is, initially, scared of the gun. And he’d be really really good at it.

Speeding right along, Buck has been prepping these two to participate in the criminal endeavors of his group. It doesn’t take. Clint puts an arrow through Buck’s leg to stop him from killing a security guard. Buck and Barney are caught; the latter aids in Clint’s escape. Barney cuts some kind of deal and ends up enlisting in the military (only to be killed much later after trying to infiltrate a white nationalist group on behalf of the FBI). A teenaged Clint Barton (tall enough to pass as a college freshman) hits the road, finds a few odd jobs thanks to kind strangers, and eventually does get to live out that dream as a carnival marksman. The rest of it plays out similarly to canon.

Now that I’ve established the background, I wanted to give my take on Clint. 6’4” built like a hockey grinder – known for his trademark grin and strong jaw (Barney would look like Adam Baldwin’s character in Full Metal Jacket; to give you an idea of the genetics) – initially considered to be a hick by his teammates because of his lack of social graces, dialect, and general foolhardiness – combative with authority figures or those he even considers to be fascist – natural pugilist/dirty fighter but receives more advanced training from Steve Rogers – doesn’t do politics or causes but his belief system most falls in line with libertarianism – would definitely punch a nazi or humiliate a racist – amateur magician who considers himself an expert on confidence tricks – his near perfect eyesight would be on the list of not-quite-a-superpower with Taskmaster’s reflexes – just as good with throwing knives & guns (but prefers the challenge of the bow) - women (and dogs) are his blindspot – harbors guilt over letting Barney take the fall alone for their crimes; leading him to take responsibility of the Thunderbolts, at some point in time

there'd be a conservative bent to my version of the Avengers West Coast; for irony and to contrast their environment.

WAR MACHINE

I liked his backstory from the Dark Reign War Machine book. I think he's supposed to be a combat pilot in the marine corps? let's just say that he's more than qualified to pilot the War Machine armor. I really liked Stark's updated movie origin. so it'd be great to work Rhodey into it somehow. I would make him younger, though (not a Vietnam vet or some experienced soldier of fortune). maybe he's captured alongside Stark and is part of the dramatic escape; providing cover as Tony suits up. or maybe he's part of the rescue unit. whatever it takes for him to buddy up to Stark. he'd be a bit of a character (Apollo Creed-esque)/have a colorful personality (dirty jokes, cursing galore, and some deeply profound theories about life's meaning) that would hopefully make him more than just a guy in a flying tank. I'd establish that Rhodey grew up around people who worked on engines or machinery (maybe a father, uncle, aunt, whatever). so even if he didn't understand the science of the Iron Man armor, he'd be able to repair it or even customize it; in an emergency. otherwise, he'd have encyclopedic knowledge of weaponry and be a card carrying member of the NRA. and he probably would have hooked up with Carol Danvers at some point but wouldn't be the type to date. oh and he wouldn't be Stark's pilot. after they leave the desert he'd end up working for the defense department and, then, the CSA (as War Machine). when Tony is still in the munitions business, Rhodey's the guy that they send to show him a good time. he holds a mock funeral for Stark when the latter gives up alcohol (I said that he had a colorful personality). despite being a McCain supporter, Rhodey doesn't get along with U.S.Agent; thinks that he takes himself too seriously.

SIMON WILLIAMS THE IONIC MAN

He’d be notable as the most liberal member of the Avengers West Coast team; nicknamed “Hollywood” by his teammates. My version of Simon would have had a brief career amongst young hollywood; on the Marvel Universe’s answer to 9010. But the club scene and ego would lead to strained relationships and decreasing job offers (losing the ‘Tony Stark’ role of a lifetime to Henry Hellrung). With apologies to the Sopranos, Simon tries to revitalize his career by ditching his clean cut image to play an organized crime figure. That leads to him meeting and “befriending” some really shady individuals with Maggia ties; one of them a young fame obsessed wannabe made-man [insert Italian or irish name], who will eventually earn himself the nickname Grim Reaper. Instead of a comeback, he’s led right back down into the gutter. Plus, now he’s indebted to the Maggia. Grim Reaper’s signature move is to bury people alive. This eventually happens to Simon. Thankfully, the Enchantress and Executioner had been in L.A. looking for red shirts. In fact, prior to being buried alive, an extremely desperate Simon had attempted to rob a bank; to pay back his debts. Coincidentally, Amora had been far more subtle about robbing the same bank; simply using her powers to command the teller. maybe because she found him handsome or simply desperate enough to be good pawn material, she and the Executioner dug him up.
    I did away from the familial connection between Grim Reaper and Simon because I don’t think that it helps either of them. Beast is enough of a brother figure; if he needs one. They would, both, be fame chasers; with the Grim Reaper wanting to make a name for himself as an organized crime figure. He and Simon’s next confrontation would end in an explosion; that would take Reaper’s arm. Nefaria comes out of exile, once the Maggia realizes that it has to evolve to deal with superhuman. He gives Reaper the Silvermane treatment and outfits him with a cybernetic arm; that can also do the liquid metal shift into a large curved blade. Otherwise, he’s a generally anti-superfolk kind of guy and wears a glove to cover what he considers to be a freakish fake hand.

Simon’s personality doesn’t change much. His newfound powers make him less anxious about finding good roles. He ends up doing a lot of B-Movies and self-referential cameo. He and Beast would probably have a hobby or two in common. They’d be fast friends. unlike some of the other West Coast Avengers, he'd be very active politically.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    THE HOOD

I'll base his looks on Raekwon,someone short and stout.

Seeking a new host, the Hood which belonged to Parker Robbins has made his way to the projects.
    Corey Coles stumbles upon the cloak and the boots.
    Unlike Parker Robbins before him, he uses it to as a way out of the criminal life
    I'm not sold on the look. but it's a creative enough revamp; having him try his hand at escaping the life (and visual diversity). original Parker was low level but unlikely to leave the life; just saw what he was doing as playing the game. I can't think of any low level criminals who have used that m.o; except maybe Clash (from Spider-man's title).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-13-2017 at 05:54 PM.

PYM LEGACY PT II

SCOTT LANG

I changed my mind about having the origin take place outside of the U.S; too complicated. I had already made Henry british; sort of a superhero 'Harry Hart' w/ a dash of Dr.Who. I would establish that Scott's family name had been changed from 'Langiewicz,' at some point; as a nod to Paul Rudd (whose family name was originally Rudnitsky or something).

I would keep the current canon of the Lang family genetics being ideal for manipulating Pym particles; to later set-up Cassie's rapid internalization of the powers

mostly, I'd import a lot of the movie origin; sans Pym being an old man w/ an adult daughter, of course. I just prefer Rudd's look and the setting of the movie.

Hank (after leaving the Avengers due to stress induced issues - no abuse in my version) would have moved to the West Coast (ahead of the West Coast Avengers) and joined Bill Foster at some large research facility

unbeknownst to Pym, the facility belongs to the primary villain of the story - Michael Stockton/the other Dr. Nemesis (but w/o the silly yellow spandex); former SHIELD agent, current A.I.M agent, and enemy of Pym during his earlier days as a spy - he would be the stand-in for Darren Cross (+ movie-Mitch Carson) and acting behind the scenes

needless to say, he has a personal vendetta against Pym. he also has a fleet of yellowjacketesque suits that he'd love to fuel with Pym particles but can't quite make his own version work (it's been positively lethal to the volunteers)

this story would also introduce William Cross (who goes on to become Crossfire) as another A.I.M freelancer hired by Nemesis to steal the Pym particle formula (Stockton is hoping to reverse engineer, weaponize, and monetize the particles); maybe he'd be Stockton's cousin instead of Darren

instead of Cassie having some kind of heart condition, she'd simply be in the custody of Scott's ex - Scott's primary goal is to be a provider and earn his way back into Cassie's life

Cross pegs Scott as the perfect pawn - using his family as leverage, they get Scott to break into Pym's west coast home and retrieve the formula

Scott, expecting a double cross, also steals a much earlier version of the Ant-Man suit; which allows a narrow escape when Cross (having received a vial of the particles) orders his murder

Pym catches up with Scott while the latter is hiding out and, naturally, worried about what is going to happen to his ex and daughter

the two end up teaming up and thwarting Stockton's plans - the latter is killed (torn apart after accidentally being injected with a bad batch of Pym particles) during the altercation - the yellowjacket armors are lost to the implosion of the research facility - Cross escapes/goes on to become a general nuisance to Hawkeye and the superhero community

Bill and Hank start up their own business - Hank continues to train Scott in his spare time; liking the idea of the Ant-Man identity being active and wanting someone to train - Scott reconnects with his daughter and ex-wife (although they stay separated)

later down the line, Scott is brought in to sub for Pym; who had taken a position at Four Freedom's Plaza (his departure was the result of he and Sue nearly becoming intimate), while Reed Richards was believed to be deceased

Scott eventually oversees his daughter's training as a costumed hero

he'd also still have a lot of criminal connections, a few semi-reformed villain acquaintances (Grizzly, Porcupine, etc) and have an unspoken truce with Taskmaster

oh and no Darla Deering (at least not as Scott's romantic interest) - I would have him meet and date Rosalyn Backus from the Spider-man: Breakout mini-series. I find her interesting. she shares a connection to Crossfire. and a former-prison official/former-inmate pairing is kind of hot

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-13-2017 at 07:26 PM.

For Iron Fist I wanted to make him 15 instead of 10 when he goes to K'un L'un and he gets out at 26. He also has a stronger connection with Shou-lao to the point where he would meditate to seek Shou-lao's council when problems arose. I wanted to give his mother a bigger role in his life then getting eaten by wolves and cheating on his dad so her family gets fleshed out. I imagined an arc where he tries to dig up info on his parents because he's sick of everyone giving him misinformation about who his parents are/were etc.

For a niche he tries to deal with the more mystical side of the MU but he has his foot on the ground and would get involved in street level problems.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-14-2017 at 11:51 AM.

BANNED

Magneto.

I think if you twist him just a little bit he'd be an amazing villain instead of a half-hearted hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Magneto.

I think if you twist him just a little bit he'd be an amazing villain instead of a half-hearted hero.
    do you have an idea for doing so? if you do, i'll reply to it in the Revamp a Villain thread. I don't think that he's much for labels anymore, though.

Marvelous Mr. Marvel

I guess sort of like a younger (18 ~ 23) male equivalent of a Ms. Marvel (are all the Prefix-Marvel's possessing similar or all different powers, forgive my ignorance). I'd give him the power of flight (obviously), and the power to create little slipstreams or holes like the "Spot", or I dunno...I don't really read Captain/Ms/Prefix-Marvel stuff but the idea popped into my head and seemed kind of cool.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Marvelous Mr. Marvel

I guess sort of like a younger (18 ~ 23) male equivalent of a Ms. Marvel (are all the Prefix-Marvel's possessing similar or all different powers, forgive my ignorance). I'd give him the power of flight (obviously), and the power to create little slipstreams or holes like the "Spot", or I dunno...I don't really read Captain/Ms/Prefix-Marvel stuff but the idea popped into my head and seemed kind of cool.
    Not sold on the name. He could always use the name Masked Marvel. They tried to introduce a version that sounds like your idea, iirc. He didn't make the cut. So there is room for your guy. I've always wanted a teen version of Wonderman (who isn't one of the ionic powered side characters from his solo).

Jubilee

Get rid of the vamparism as so many powers make a character Over Powered (She has six separate Vampire the Requiem disciplines by 9/15/2017). Restore her mutant abilities and have her start Using her powers like Bakugou from My Hero Academia, and have Child Protective Services take over Shogo because child abduction is kind of messed up.

Have her go on an arc "Why am I a super hero", Jubilee is a fighter, and she is not criminally inclined (besides petty theft), and takes not pleasure in harming others. But have her ask "Whats my plan? what are my long term goals? Where do I see myself in 5-10 years?

"I am a fighter, but why do I fight is it compulsion or philosophy?" She was trained by Banshee and Emma Frost and her father figure is Wolverine, members if her team's have died in front of her very eyes she is a psychological goldmine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Jubilee

Get rid of the vamparism as so many powers make a character Over Powered (She has six separate Vampire the Requiem disciplines by 9/15/2017).
    Your bog standard generic Hollywood mook vampire that any hero can kill has some dots in Celerity, Potence, Fortitude, animalism, Obfuscate, Dominate, and maxed out Protean.

I'd like to see Kazar revamped into a head of state, leader of the Savage Land, which gets represented as a nation and a player on the world stage.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!