Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, could be interesting. Out of curiosity . . . I'd bring back the Eidolon Warwear, but with a better design. It'd at least make him more unique compared to "Iron Man, but with big guns."
    I haven't read that but I'm open to it. I thought about making Rhodey one of the Nova Corps but I prefer Rhodey getting his own powerset.

For Wasp I have two options.

A) she becomes a member of the Sisterhood of Wasps. Her father died because of the Webcorps and she wanted revenge. She eventually becomes a hero and joins the Avengers. She even falls in and out of love with Hank Pym. This just gives her a playground of her own.

B) Her origin story of parents dying by aliens still happens but Shield saves her instead of Hank. So she became a Shield scientist and built the Wasp suit herself.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-12-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I haven't read that but I'm open to it. I thought about making Rhodey one of the Nova Corps but I prefer Rhodey getting his own powerset.

For Wasp I have two options.

A) she becomes a member of the Sisterhood of Wasps. Her father died because of the Webcorps and she wanted revenge. She eventually becomes a hero and joins the Avengers. She even falls in and out of love with Hank Pym. This just gives her a playground of her own.

B) Her origin story of parents dying by aliens still happens but Shield saves her instead of Hank. So she became a Shield scientist and built the Wasp suit herself.
    Those would be pretty interesting and good ideas, though since it's aliens that she's rescued from after they kill her parents . . . maybe she becomes a scientist for S.W.O.R.D., since S.W.O.R.D. specifically deals with extraterrestrial activity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Those would be pretty interesting and good ideas, though since it's aliens that she's rescued from after they kill her parents . . . maybe she becomes a scientist for S.W.O.R.D., since S.W.O.R.D. specifically deals with extraterrestrial activity.
    That works too.

That works too.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    I should be telling you that.

My change to Hank was just to make him younger and more of an idealist. It's closer to his EMH incarnation and helps him stand out compared to the other science guys.

He's more plainclothes than superhero spandex but if Janet asks .

His original origin with the ex-lover whose secretly a spy still happened.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-12-2021 at 06:06 PM.

I should be telling you that.

My change to Hank was just to make him younger and more of an idealist. It's closer to his EMH incarnation and helps him stand out compared to the other science guys.

He's more plainclothes than superhero spandex but if Janet asks .

His original origin with the ex-lover whose secretly a spy still happened.
    That works for me. EMH Hank Pym was probably the best version of the character yet.

Ant-man as an archeologist is something they should use outside of Avengers Forever.

Ant-man as an archeologist is something they should use outside of Avengers Forever.
    Oh, they could definitely do that. Micro-archaeology would be an excellent field of study for Ant-Man to pioneer and it could fit in with him as an explorer of the unknown.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, they could definitely do that. Micro-archaeology would be an excellent field of study for Ant-Man to pioneer and it could fit in with him as an explorer of the unknown.
    But are we talking Scott? Someone else getting the gear?? Or completely re-imagining an origin???

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But are we talking Scott? Someone else getting the gear?? Or completely re-imagining an origin???
    I'm fine with someone else doing it. I don't think you have to reimagine the origin. Hank could still make the tech he just let someone else use it for archeology. You could even tie it to the Avengers and make it a new initiative they set up.

Fantastic Member

I always thought that Marvel should've given Alpha Flight the Marvel MAX treatment.

Instead of being a traditional mainstream super team, Alpha Flight would be a special forces scientific unit that specializes in dealing with strange and unusual threats to Canada. They would mostly deal with horror, lovecraftian type menaces. Department H is formed to gather and study supernatural forces for the use of weaponization.

Each member of Alpha Flight has an expertise in a certain field that would be of use to team and mission. We won't see all the members together every issue. Some threats would be widespread and others will be more personal but it'll definitely be a horror and suspense book with superheroes.

I picture Alpha Flight being more adult themed and taking place in it's own corner of the Marvel Universe so they won't be crossing paths with The Avengers or other super teams. I would also do the other unusual approach of the members not wearing costumes. In the series we'll see revamped versions of The Master of The World, Deadly Ernest, Dream Queen and The Great Beasts. We'll also be seeing new menaces as well as some obscure Marvel villains revamped for the series.

This new Alpha Flight series would exclusively be in black and white. The only thing in color would be the covers.
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 12-23-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Fantastic Member

Blue Marvel.

Hmmmmmm?

I would give him a new weakness that also explains to why he wasn't or didn't help with major events in the Marvel Universe. You see Blue Marvel wanted to help, however, during the period where he was forced to retire and remained inactive, he developed the subconscious vulnerability of turning invisible. I'm not talking about Sue Storm invisible. I'm referring to the fact that this flaw in his powers made him invisible and intangible to the point that he's unable to interfere in the physical realm.

For example, say like he's a fight with say The Wrecking Crew and he can easily beat them or something else of that nature where he thinks he's not needed, he'll turn invisible and intangible. He can still observe the events but he can't affect them in any way. His molecules would shift to another plane where he's watching everything unfold but can't act.

No one can hear him or see him.

Extraordinary Member

I'm fine with someone else doing it. I don't think you have to reimagine the origin. Hank could still make the tech he just let someone else use it for archeology. You could even tie it to the Avengers and make it a new initiative they set up.
    I would go with someone else...maybe a female archeology student that uses a different name of insect theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would go with someone else...maybe a female archeology student that uses a different name of insect theme.
    That's fine.

With the Slingers, I'd focus on Prodigy. He always felt like the weakest of the four as a character. I think he just needs a niche like the other 3. Ricochet is your street crime guy, Hornet is a techie so sci-fi and Dusk lends herself to espionage and supernatural.

I wanted him to be a fan of John Jameson Jr. So when John goes Captain Jupiter he has to fight his hero.

For Rhodey, I'd make his relationship with Nebula from the movies canon. They could either be close friends or lovers but it brings a new element to his character.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That's fine.

With the Slingers, I'd focus on Prodigy. He always felt like the weakest of the four as a character. I think he just needs a niche like the other 3. Ricochet is your street crime guy, Hornet is a techie so sci-fi and Dusk lends herself to espionage and supernatural.

I wanted him to be a fan of John Jameson Jr. So when John goes Captain Jupiter he has to fight his hero.

For Rhodey, I'd make his relationship with Nebula from the movies canon. They could either be close friends or lovers but it brings a new element to his character.
    Keep Rhodey in a relationship with Carol...but become good friends with Nebula. Rhodey does need things of his own outside Tony and Carol.