Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Morbius is a Bat-totem like Spidey and Black Panther.

He also has beef with the Jackal and an unrequited crush on the Scarlet Witch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Morbius is a Bat-totem like Spidey and Black Panther.

He also has beef with the Jackal and an unrequited crush on the Scarlet Witch.
    Building off of that...Maybe Morbius is not chalk white...maybe just very fair skinned like a nordic person.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Building off of that...Maybe Morbius is not chalk white...maybe just very fair skinned like a nordic person.
    He could pass as a normal human but has a vamp face like Angel and Spike did.

I'd just make him a supernatural Investigator who tries to cure himself. Occasionally he will swap sides which strains his relationship with the other heroes.

In an adaptation, I'd probably make Kindred a villian for Morbius. Instead of Sarah and her brother, we'd use one of his friends who made a deal with the devil to escape Hell.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I always thought that Marvel should've given Alpha Flight the Marvel MAX treatment.

Instead of being a traditional mainstream super team, Alpha Flight would be a special forces scientific unit that specializes in dealing with strange and unusual threats to Canada. They would mostly deal with horror, lovecraftian type menaces. Department H is formed to gather and study supernatural forces for the use of weaponization.

Each member of Alpha Flight has an expertise in a certain field that would be of use to team and mission. We won't see all the members together every issue. Some threats would be widespread and others will be more personal but it'll definitely be a horror and suspense book with superheroes.

I picture Alpha Flight being more adult themed and taking place in it's own corner of the Marvel Universe so they won't be crossing paths with The Avengers or other super teams. I would also do the other unusual approach of the members not wearing costumes. In the series we'll see revamped versions of The Master of The World, Deadly Ernest, Dream Queen and The Great Beasts. We'll also be seeing new menaces as well as some obscure Marvel villains revamped for the series.

This new Alpha Flight series would exclusively be in black and white. The only thing in color would be the covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Blue Marvel.

Hmmmmmm?

I would give him a new weakness that also explains to why he wasn't or didn't help with major events in the Marvel Universe. You see Blue Marvel wanted to help, however, during the period where he was forced to retire and remained inactive, he developed the subconscious vulnerability of turning invisible. I'm not talking about Sue Storm invisible. I'm referring to the fact that this flaw in his powers made him invisible and intangible to the point that he's unable to interfere in the physical realm.

For example, say like he's a fight with say The Wrecking Crew and he can easily beat them or something else of that nature where he thinks he's not needed, he'll turn invisible and intangible. He can still observe the events but he can't affect them in any way. His molecules would shift to another plane where he's watching everything unfold but can't act.

No one can hear him or see him.
    I like that idea for Alpha Flight, and the Blue Marvel one would explain why and how he keeps being a nonfactor in the more recent Marvel events despite his powers and skills.

That's fine.

With the Slingers, I'd focus on Prodigy. He always felt like the weakest of the four as a character. I think he just needs a niche like the other 3. Ricochet is your street crime guy, Hornet is a techie so sci-fi and Dusk lends herself to espionage and supernatural.

I wanted him to be a fan of John Jameson Jr. So when John goes Captain Jupiter he has to fight his hero.

For Rhodey, I'd make his relationship with Nebula from the movies canon. They could either be close friends or lovers but it brings a new element to his character.
    Keep Rhodey in a relationship with Carol...but become good friends with Nebula. Rhodey does need things of his own outside Tony and Carol.
    I like those ideas for the Slingers, and I'd agree that Rhodey needs more of his own thing(s) outside his relationships with Tony and Carol, hence my idea to bring back the Eidolon Warwear, albeit with a better look/design, as it was at least more unique than just "Iron Man with big guns."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like those ideas for the Slingers, and I'd agree that Rhodey needs more of his own thing(s) outside his relationships with Tony and Carol, hence my idea to bring back the Eidolon Warwear, albeit with a better look/design, as it was at least more unique than just "Iron Man with big guns."
    I have no problem with the armor. Always good to be able to go to your best friend to get you gear taken care of. I just want some more stories of him on his own doing his own thing.

Iron Fist's mom should be from K'un L'un. It solves the white Savior controversy and gives his mom more retroactive intrigue.

After his whole revenge scheme, I rather make him a corporate hero like Beyond Spiderman or Peter David's All New X-factor. It revamps his biggest weakness "Rand Corp" and gives him a defined struggle/niche.

I'd probably put him in an Urban Fantasy like Buffy and Angel. I think giving him a dynamic with Moon Knight would be interesting.

I'd also like the X-men cameos from the Claremont/Byrne so I'd keep those and expand on it.

Unlike Peter, he dates mostly superheroines and maybe an antiheroine like Frenzy or Emma Frost.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 10:01 AM.

I have no problem with the armor. Always good to be able to go to your best friend to get you gear taken care of. I just want some more stories of him on his own doing his own thing.
    Me, neither, honestly. The armor's pretty cool and it does a good job of tying Rhodey to Iron Man's mythos while having a distinguishing feature in its own right. I, too, would like to see more stories of him doing his own thing. Maybe he should restart Force Works.

Extraordinary Member

Me, neither, honestly. The armor's pretty cool and it does a good job of tying Rhodey to Iron Man's mythos while having a distinguishing feature in its own right. I, too, would like to see more stories of him doing his own thing. Maybe he should restart Force Works.
    Like all regular supporting characters he needs to be shown with his own life. Basically have a subplot that runs thru the series about him and maybe a break in action for Tony from time to time with Rhodey getting a 1-3 issue story of a solo adventure.

Like all regular supporting characters he needs to be shown with his own life. Basically have a subplot that runs thru the series about him and maybe a break in action for Tony from time to time with Rhodey getting a 1-3 issue story of a solo adventure.
    Generally agreed, at least in regard to supporting cast members needing their own lives beyond the main protagonist's orbit.

I'd probably just move the Ancient One from Tibet to Russia. It removes the Oriental/White Savior aspect plus most of Strange's magic terms are made up than referencing real life figures. So it's easier to remove than Danny's connections to K'un Lun.

The Ancient One is a slang term for a long lived Sorcerer Supreme.

Wong is based of Greg Pak's take in season one. He starts out as a rival and ends up an ally.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were seperated when their parents are killed. Wanda ends up in the hands of Agatha Harkness while Pietro ends up with Magneto.

Hank Pym is a younger and more optimistic character. He's more like Doctor Who mixed in with his EMH incarnation. There should be a scene where he tries to pitch his Ant-talker as a imagine what we can learn from them. I'm fine with him being clinically bipolar. I'd incorporate the slap as something that happened between his parents.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 10:17 AM.

I'd probably just move the Ancient One from Tibet to Russia. It removes the Oriental/White Savior aspect plus most of Strange's magic terms are made up than referencing real life figures. So it's easier to remove than Danny's connections to K'un Lun.

The Ancient One is a slang term for a long lived Sorcerer Supreme.

Wong is based of Greg Pak's take in season one. He starts out as a rival and ends up an ally.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were seperated when their parents are killed. Wanda ends up in the hands of Agatha Harkness while Pietro ends up with Magneto.

Hank Pym is a younger and more optimistic character. He's more like Doctor Who mixed in with his EMH incarnation. There should be a scene where he tries to pitch his Ant-talker as a imagine what we can learn from them. I'm fine with him being clinically bipolar. I'd incorporate the slap as something that happened between his parents.
    Those could work, yeah. On the subject of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, would you still have Magneto ultimately being the Maximoff twins' father, or not?

Those could work, yeah. On the subject of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, would you still have Magneto ultimately being the Maximoff twins' father, or not?
    I prefer no but I think he could be their birth father but didn't have any interaction with them till he stumbles across Pietro causing a ruckus.

I'd go a step further and make him their grandfather. Django is his son but he cut ties with Magneto when he got violent. In the comics he had an ability to control puppets so that's his mutation.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Djang...ff_(Earth-616)

PS. He had other abilities so just pick one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I prefer no but I think he could be their birth father but didn't have any interaction with them till he stumbles across Pietro causing a ruckus.

I'd go a step further and make him their grandfather. Django is his son but he cut ties with Magneto when he got violent. In the comics he had an ability to control puppets so that's his mutation.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Djang...ff_(Earth-616)

PS. He had other abilities so just pick one.
    Works for me, and nowadays, grandfather would make more sense, as long as he's still a survivor of the Holocaust.

For the movies, I would've done the parent Conspiracy with Eddie instead of Peter. Or it's shared goal they have but they differ on how to resolve it- Eddie wants revenge, Peter wants Justice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2021 at 02:11 PM.

For the movies, I would've done the parent Conspiracy with Eddie instead of Peter. Or it's shared goal they have but they differ on how to resolve it- Eddie wants revenge, Peter wants Justice.
    That could have worked, and considering ASM2 was hinting at the existence of a bioengineered variant of the Venom symbiote a la Ultimate . . .