Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That could have worked, and considering ASM2 was hinting at the existence of a bioengineered variant of the Venom symbiote a la Ultimate . . .
    I don't mind the symbiote as an alien but I never found them compelling as a species. So having him fight symbiotes in the movie was a mistake to me. Agent Venom avoided that so I rather take a page from that book.

As for Eddie I rather make him a darker take on Jimmy Olsen. The symbiotes bring a ton of weirdness in his life that he tries to make into a flourishing journalism career. He should write a book of his time with the Guardians called "My year with the Space Heroes".

In the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, Deadpool hints his backstory was a darker foil to Peter's- young hero recruited by Nick Fury but it cost him his sanity. For that series I would've made Deadpool an older version of Ricochet from the Slingers. Having his past self be a Spider-Man pastiche would've been interesting.

I actually don't mind changing the slingers- Gwen is Dusk, Flash is Prodigy, Miles is Ricochet and I couldn't figure out who Hornet should be. The obvious answer is Cindy Moon but I'm not feeling that choice.

Changing the slingers isn't essential- I just thought that was how the MCU might do it.

If you didn't want to tie Ben and Kaine with Peter in a movie, I'd tie them to the Jackal. They'd be younger idealized clones of Warren. Hell I think Sarah and Gabriel might've worked better as gene babies made by Warren from Gwen's DNA. Miles might have gave them jackal powers- trying to make a Jackal totem but that aspect needs more work.

I'd probably just have Spider-Gwen be Gwen's younger cousin if you want them in the same universe. Gwen has an uncle who was a PI so I'd give him a younger daughter based on Earth 65 gwen.

For Ganke, I'd just make him Ned's younger cousin in the movies. In the multiverse, Ganke should be the hero while Miles is his backup. His powers are more like Bunker from DC Titans.

I don't mind MCU Ned, I'd just lean into his journalism side more. You could use Ned as Peter's reason to join the Bugle. He wants to help his friend get a journalism career opens new story oppurtunities for him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    With the Slingers, I'd focus on Prodigy. He always felt like the weakest of the four as a character. I think he just needs a niche like the other 3. Ricochet is your street crime guy, Hornet is a techie so sci-fi and Dusk lends herself to espionage and supernatural.
    He does have a niche; he's the Wolverine character. He's that guy who's inexplicably on the team despite having no desire to actually get along with anybody.

I don't mind the symbiote as an alien but I never found them compelling as a species. So having him fight symbiotes in the movie was a mistake to me. Agent Venom avoided that so I rather take a page from that book.

As for Eddie I rather make him a darker take on Jimmy Olsen. The symbiotes bring a ton of weirdness in his life that he tries to make into a flourishing journalism career. He should write a book of his time with the Guardians called "My year with the Space Heroes".

In the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon, Deadpool hints his backstory was a darker foil to Peter's- young hero recruited by Nick Fury but it cost him his sanity. For that series I would've made Deadpool an older version of Ricochet from the Slingers. Having his past self be a Spider-Man pastiche would've been interesting.

I actually don't mind changing the slingers- Gwen is Dusk, Flash is Prodigy, Miles is Ricochet and I couldn't figure out who Hornet should be. The obvious answer is Cindy Moon but I'm not feeling that choice.

Changing the slingers isn't essential- I just thought that was how the MCU might do it.

If you didn't want to tie Ben and Kaine with Peter in a movie, I'd tie them to the Jackal. They'd be younger idealized clones of Warren. Hell I think Sarah and Gabriel might've worked better as gene babies made by Warren from Gwen's DNA. Miles might have gave them jackal powers- trying to make a Jackal totem but that aspect needs more work.

I'd probably just have Spider-Gwen be Gwen's younger cousin if you want them in the same universe. Gwen has an uncle who was a PI so I'd give him a younger daughter based on Earth 65 gwen.

For Ganke, I'd just make him Ned's younger cousin in the movies. In the multiverse, Ganke should be the hero while Miles is his backup. His powers are more like Bunker from DC Titans.

I don't mind MCU Ned, I'd just lean into his journalism side more. You could use Ned as Peter's reason to join the Bugle. He wants to help his friend get a journalism career opens new story oppurtunities for him.
    I absolutely hate the idea of using pre-existing characters as the Slingers. It just feels insulting and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He does have a niche; he's the Wolverine character. He's that guy who's inexplicably on the team despite having no desire to actually get along with anybody.
    That's not what I meant plus that only works in a team book- what's he gonna do on his own? I was going more for genre than niche and I was leaning to him being the space guy.

Pulp historian also works because his most significant relationship was with the Destroyer. I'd use him as a way to revamp the Destroyer's mythos. Unlike the other 3 he's more aware of superheroes and their secret history and has spent his whole life training to be one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2021 at 03:33 PM.

hmmm write Carolyn Trainor to do her own version of "Superior Spider-Man".

I mena... Otto did it, why not? Maybe have her use Spider-Gwen DNA though?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Wouldn't it be easier if she tried to reform herself as a hero? Otherwise it might be better for the "Revamp a Villian" thread.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Wouldn't it be easier if she tried to reform herself as a hero? Otherwise it might be better for the "Revamp a Villian" thread.
    I did have an idea for revamping Carolyn Trainer over in that thread, if that helps at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I always thought that Marvel should've given Alpha Flight the Marvel MAX treatment.

Instead of being a traditional mainstream super team, Alpha Flight would be a special forces scientific unit that specializes in dealing with strange and unusual threats to Canada. They would mostly deal with horror, lovecraftian type menaces. Department H is formed to gather and study supernatural forces for the use of weaponization.

Each member of Alpha Flight has an expertise in a certain field that would be of use to team and mission. We won't see all the members together every issue. Some threats would be widespread and others will be more personal but it'll definitely be a horror and suspense book with superheroes.

I picture Alpha Flight being more adult themed and taking place in it's own corner of the Marvel Universe so they won't be crossing paths with The Avengers or other super teams. I would also do the other unusual approach of the members not wearing costumes. In the series we'll see revamped versions of The Master of The World, Deadly Ernest, Dream Queen and The Great Beasts. We'll also be seeing new menaces as well as some obscure Marvel villains revamped for the series.

This new Alpha Flight series would exclusively be in black and white. The only thing in color would be the covers.
    They tried this (sorta) some years ago with the Avon Oeming/Scott Kollins Omega Flight with US Agent, Talisman, Weapon Omega, Beta Ray Bill and Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. It spun out of the Initiative (Julia ran to Canada to escape imprisonment for not signing up.) If I remember correctly, MAO's hope was for Marvel to want to extend the mini series and have them be a supernatural focused team. It was a great mini series and a shame it didn't get more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    They tried this (sorta) some years ago with the Avon Oeming/Scott Kollins Omega Flight with US Agent, Talisman, Weapon Omega, Beta Ray Bill and Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. It spun out of the Initiative (Julia ran to Canada to escape imprisonment for not signing up.) If I remember correctly, MAO's hope was for Marvel to want to extend the mini series and have them be a supernatural focused team. It was a great mini series and a shame it didn't get more issues.
    I'd agree with that, mostly as someone who's a fan of Julia Carpenter. That said, there was the Weapon Omega storyline that ran through Marvel Comics Presents #1-12 back in 2008 or so as a revisiting of Omega Flight.

I would've preferred if 616 Miles was just a mutant instead of a spider totem. 616 Miles would've been a mutant with invisibility or intangibility. He would've followed his uncle after getting suspicious one night. Tombstone hired Aaron to be a Prowler imposter. His indecision leads to one of the heroes getting hurt. Not killed but severely hurt and put out of commission for a month. So when Cyclops comes to recruit him a repentant Miles could either jump at the chance or turn him down. Cyclops would let him go but keep tabs on him. He's willing to train teenagers but a 12 year old is his limit. Miles in Bendis's run felt like a 16-17 year old so you could have him gain more confidence in the interm. Maybe Spidey gives him a pep talk like he did in the PS4 game? You could still have him teach Miles how to control his abilities but it's out of his comfort zone.

This is my X-men bias at work. Lol. Currently his main issue is Marvel's adherence to Status Quo which I can't fix.

Other than that, I'd lean into his alternate universe gimmick and have 1610 Miles replace 616 Miles who went missing years ago. He has to rebuild his life while adjusting to this new earth.

If you wanna have him and Peter work together when they are the same age, I'd play up Peter's introvertedness. He's smart but being bullied cause his social skills to take a hit. So he'd have problems interacting with others and making friends. It's something that improves with age but it's a drawback in the beginning.

So Peter is the Brain, Gwen is the Brawn and Miles is the Heart if they have to teamup.

Gwen is the brawn because her dad taught her how to fight, shoot a gun, throw a punch, survive on her own etc. So she will teach some of that to Miles and Peter.

This isn't meant to diminish anyone but to make them a more believable team unit.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2022 at 03:15 PM.

I would've preferred if 616 Miles was just a mutant instead of a spider totem. 616 Miles would've been a mutant with invisibility or intangibility. He would've followed his uncle after getting suspicious one night. Tombstone hired Aaron to be a Prowler imposter. His indecision leads to one of the heroes getting hurt. Not killed but severely hurt and put out of commission for a month. So when Cyclops comes to recruit him a repentant Miles could either jump at the chance or turn him down. Cyclops would let him go but keep tabs on him. He's willing to train teenagers but a 12 year old is his limit. Miles in Bendis's run felt like a 16-17 year old so you could have him gain more confidence in the interm. Maybe Spidey gives him a pep talk like he did in the PS4 game? You could still have him teach Miles how to control his abilities but it's out of his comfort zone.

This is my X-men bias at work. Lol. Currently his main issue is Marvel's adherence to Status Quo which I can't fix.

Other than that, I'd lean into his alternate universe gimmick and have 1610 Miles replace 616 Miles who went missing years ago. He has to rebuild his life while adjusting to this new earth.

If you wanna have him and Peter work together when they are the same age, I'd play up Peter's introvertedness. He's smart but being bullied cause his social skills to take a hit. So he'd have problems interacting with others and making friends. It's something that improves with age but it's a drawback in the beginning.

So Peter is the Brain, Gwen is the Brawn and Miles is the Heart if they have to teamup.

Gwen is the brawn because her dad taught her how to fight, shoot a gun, throw a punch, survive on her own etc. So she will teach some of that to Miles and Peter.

This isn't meant to diminish anyone but to make them a more believable team unit.
    Sounds like a good idea for a revamp, and it could make them work more cohesively as a unit.

For MCU Vision, I liked the Jarvis connection and lean into it. Instead of being a new entity, I'd just make him the Jarvis AI in a new body, learning to deal with his new experiences. For a human identity, he could pretend to be Edwin Jarvis Jr.

This would work better for the Avengers Academy mobile game.

I think MCU Riri is gonna create Viv in an attempt to ressurect her dead friend. It is a rehash but it is a believable rehash and one that could be in-character for Riri. Whatever their next plans are for Vision, I doubt they are gonna adapt Tom King's run. So this is just a backup and it might lead to Avengers AI. .

Riri's not as bad as everyone made out. She just suffers from a bad first impression. Bendis rehashed what he did with Miles and that was a bad idea.

Kamala's main issue is characterization. She's pretty bland compared to the other characters. So I'd lean into her discovering who she is outside of being a superhero fangirl. It's not a big change but more of a tweak. I liked her being an inhuman but if they want to change it, I'm fine with her being a member of Clandestine.

I liked Amadeus being the next Prince of Power and I'd lean into that more than him being another Hulk. I'd make his time as Hulk temporary.It also fits the role reversal element of Young Avengers.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2022 at 08:48 AM.

For MCU Vision, I liked the Jarvis connection and lean into it. Instead of being a new entity, I'd just make him the Jarvis AI in a new body, learning to deal with his new experiences. For a human identity, he could pretend to be Edwin Jarvis Jr.

This would work better for the Avengers Academy mobile game.

I think MCU Riri is gonna create Viv in an attempt to ressurect her dead friend. It is a rehash but it is a believable rehash and one that could be in-character for Riri. Whatever their next plans are for Vision, I doubt they are gonna adapt Tom King's run. So this is just a backup and it might lead to Avengers AI. .

Riri's not as bad as everyone made out. She just suffers from a bad first impression. Bendis rehashed what he did with Miles and that was a bad idea.

Kamala's main issue is characterization. She's pretty bland compared to the other characters. So I'd lean into her discovering who she is outside of being a superhero fangirl. It's not a big change but more of a tweak. I liked her being an inhuman but if they want to change it, I'm fine with her being a member of Clandestine.

I liked Amadeus being the next Prince of Power and I'd lean into that more than him being another Hulk. I'd make his time as Hulk temporary.It also fits the role reversal element of Young Avengers.
    Generally cosigned.

I'd probably have Harley Keener or Hornet join AIM or Orchis as a sleeper agent.

I'd probably have Harley Keener or Hornet join AIM or Orchis as a sleeper agent.
    Could work. Sleeper agent to take them down from the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could work. Sleeper agent to take them down from the inside?
    Yep. One story possibility is that they are legitimately recruited for membership through a front company but discover their recruiter is a bad guy. So they resolve to find a way out of their predicament. Either way I just wanted to explore how these operations work and these characters are our way in.