Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Luke Cage

1. We are ditching the original origin story so there is no need for the name "Luke Cage", which isn't even his real name anyway.

2. He is going by Power Man.

3. Say goodbye to New York City. It's the superhero capitol of the world, I have a feeling they won't miss him. He lives in Boston. What part of Boston? Beacon Hill. Carl Lucas. Son of a senator. Dad sits on committee of superhuman affairs. Decided to forgo a career in politics and instead ended up becoming an architect disappointing his dad.

4. Hey look, an actual superhero uniform! It's even got a cape! It's a short one that comes over the shoulder not the long one.

5. Powers. Ability to absorb all kinetic and thermal energy directed at him and use it to augment his strength, speed, stamina and recuperation capabilities to superhuman levels. Why yes, I am a fan of Sebastian Shaw's powerset. Toss in flight as well. Got the powers when he was exposed to an AIM weapon to tap into the vast energies of the Negative Zone. Heroes managed to stop it but it exploded, Lucas got some people to safety but was caught in the explosion. He miraculously healed up with the bonus of getting superpowers. He decides to go by Power Man and do the hero thing. His dad is unaware that he is Power Man.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-07-2022 at 11:12 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Blindspot is a fun character. I'd just put him in Chinatown and have him deal with local issues. The Orchis hook also works here. His hook was him being a Tony Stark level genius who created an invisibility suit. So we could explore the tech industry as he tries to reenter it?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Blindspot is a fun character. I'd just put him in Chinatown and have him deal with local issues. The Orchis hook also works here. His hook was him being a Tony Stark level genius who created an invisibility suit. So we could explore the tech industry as he tries to reenter it?
    Hmm, that could work out. I'd definitely see some possibilities there, especially given the recent scrutiny and critique, if not outright condemnation, the tech industry has gotten.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, that could work out. I'd definitely see some possibilities there, especially given the recent scrutiny and critique, if not outright condemnation, the tech industry has gotten.
    Yeah that works too. You also have the Order of the Dragon and the Hand to lean on for plot/characters.

Yeah that works too. You also have the Order of the Dragon and the Hand to lean on for plot/characters.
    Indeed. I also like your idea of a hero trying to take down an evil organization from the inside, while having to avoid causing said organization to doubt their loyalties and avoid incurring the distrust of their fellow heroes at the same time.

Pinpoint of the Champions.

He's a cool side character. I think his issue is do you want to explore his life in Delhi or do you want to move him to the states? Both are appealing but the latter feels more doable unless you wanna headhunt writers who have experience in India?

His power source isn't given an origin so you could make him either a mutant or Inhuman. Either works because it gives you a sandbox to play in and a cultural difference to mine. Does Pinpoint fit in either Krakoa or Attilan?

He's a hip hop fan so we could use him to explore India's hip hop culture. He's a younger version of Gully boy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Pinpoint of the Champions.

He's a cool side character. I think his issue is do you want to explore his life in Delhi or do you want to move him to the states? Both are appealing but the latter feels more doable unless you wanna headhunt writers who have experience in India?

His power source isn't given an origin so you could make him either a mutant or Inhuman. Either works because it gives you a sandbox to play in and a cultural difference to mine. Does Pinpoint fit in either Krakoa or Attilan?

He's a hip hop fan so we could use him to explore India's hip hop culture. He's a younger version of Gully boy.
    Wow, that would be pretty interesting to see.

Wow, that would be pretty interesting to see.
    A solo is a misnomer to me. To do a solo you need other characters, a plot hook, themes, central conflict and other storytelling essentials.

The Champions are at a disadvantage because they are new characters without an in-depth backstory. So you gotta do a little more for them.

Pinpoint has potential because he isn't American so you could court an international audience. But that comes with an extra risk because they are gonna judge you on that. That's a problem Yara Flor has to deal with. Brazilian fans are calling DC on how her Brazilian roots are portrayed.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2022 at 04:49 PM.

A solo is a misnomer to me. To do a solo you need other characters, a plot hook, themes, central conflict and other storytelling essentials.

The Champions are at a disadvantage because they are new characters without a storied backstory. So you gotta do a little more for them.

Pinpoint has potential because he isn't American so you could court an international audience. But that comes with an extra risk because they are gonna judge you on that. That's a problem Yara Flor has to deal with. Brazilian fans are calling DC on how her Brazilian roots are portrayed.
    Good points there.

Daredevil is nigh perfect, I'd just clean up his connection to the Hand/Chaste war.

I'd probably have MCU Justice travel with the Hulk when he was younger. He fulfilled the Rick Jones role. I wanted to do something similar with the others but Justice/Hulk was the one I'd keep.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Daredevil is nigh perfect, I'd just clean up his connection to the Hand/Chaste war.

I'd probably have MCU Justice travel with the Hulk when he was younger. He fulfilled the Rick Jones role. I wanted to do something similar with the others but Justice/Hulk was the one I'd keep.
    Those could be good ideas, too. Will agree on Daredevil being near-perfect. How would you clean up his connection to the Hand and the Chaste, though?

Those could be good ideas, too. Will agree on Daredevil being near-perfect. How would you clean up his connection to the Hand and the Chaste, though?
    I don't know yet. They felt out of place in the Grounded tone of the Netflix shows. But I think that's because of the lack of insight the shows give them compared to the other Netflix villians. But I think they would've worked better in a more horror driven stories. I haven't read Frank Miller's run yet so this will probably be updated.

Another member (Michael Watkins) had the idea of positioning New Warriors as Marvel's Justice League. I'd lean into that more as it's a more subtler homage than Squadron Supreme.

So Justice would be Superman, Speedball is Flash, Night Trasher would be Batman, Nova is Green Lantern, Namorita is WW or Aquaman.

Reader of the Inhumans would have a chip on his shoulders. He embodies DJ's live free, don't join philosophy and try to avoid attachments. The only longterm friend he has is his dog. But that's something he comes to terms with throughout his mercenary work. He can hangout with anyone good or bad so that's something we could play with for a series.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-13-2022 at 08:06 AM.

I don't know yet. They felt out of place in the Grounded tone of the Netflix shows. But I think that's because of the lack of insight the shows give them compared to the other Netflix villians. But I think they would've worked better in a more horror driven stories. I haven't read Frank Miller's run yet so this will probably be updated.

Another member (Michael Watkins) had the idea of positioning New Warriors as Marvel's Justice League. I'd lean into that more as it's a more subtler homage than Squadron Supreme.

So Justice would be Superman, Speedball is Flash, Night Trasher would be Batman, Nova is Green Lantern, Namorita is WW or Aquaman.

Reader of the Inhumans would have a chip on his shoulders. He embodies DJ's live free, don't join philosophy and try to avoid attachments. The only longterm friend he has is his dog. But that's something he comes to terms with throughout his mercenary work. He can hangout with anyone good or bad so that's something we could play with for a series.
    Sounds good, though considering Justice's power is telekinesis, he could pull a 90s (or New 52) Superboy/Kon-El and use that to mimic Superman's powers, reinforcing his body to emulate superhuman strength and durability, as well as levitating and propelling himself through the air.

Good to see the love for Pinpoint. So much untapped potential. I’d love to see the character get fleshed out in a mini.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Good to see the love for Pinpoint. So much untapped potential. I’d love to see the character get fleshed out in a mini.
    Indeed. A mini would be good, at least for starters.