Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    They tried this (sorta) some years ago with the Avon Oeming/Scott Kollins Omega Flight with US Agent, Talisman, Weapon Omega, Beta Ray Bill and Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. It spun out of the Initiative (Julia ran to Canada to escape imprisonment for not signing up.) If I remember correctly, MAO's hope was for Marvel to want to extend the mini series and have them be a supernatural focused team. It was a great mini series and a shame it didn't get more issues.
    I remember that story and I think the ongoing problem they keep doing with AF is they add American Superheroes to the mix. The story and situations take place in Canada. Why run away from that premise? With my idea I would embrace the AF being the Avengers of the Upper North but with a twist to it, of course.

I liked the Omega Flight series and I do wish it became an ongoing, but Marvel doesn't know what to do with Alpha Flight.

Incredible Member

I’d like to revamp Nightwatch. Since they went out their way to turn him into the villain Nighteater, I’d reveal that he has a son or a newphew who decided to take up the mantle of Nightwatch himself. And as much as I loved the Spawn throwbacks the costume had, I’d do a lil redesigning it. Nightwatch really could become the “Batman/boogie man” of the city he protects and Nighteater would always be a thorn in his side.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I remember that story and I think the ongoing problem they keep doing with AF is they add American Superheroes to the mix. The story and situations take place in Canada. Why run away from that premise? With my idea I would embrace the AF being the Avengers of the Upper North but with a twist to it, of course.

I liked the Omega Flight series and I do wish it became an ongoing, but Marvel doesn't know what to do with Alpha Flight.
    Which is sad, because given where things left off for them in their last ongoing, revisiting that could give them a chance to rebuild as a team. Real shame they were left out of the global super-team arms race Jason Aaron was setting up in the earlier issues of his Avengers run following the Avengers formally distancing themselves from the US government.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’d like to revamp Nightwatch. Since they went out their way to turn him into the villain Nighteater, I’d reveal that he has a son or a newphew who decided to take up the mantle of Nightwatch himself. And as much as I loved the Spawn throwbacks the costume had, I’d do a lil redesigning it. Nightwatch really could become the “Batman/boogie man” of the city he protects and Nighteater would always be a thorn in his side.
    Hmm, how would you do the redesign, if I may ask?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, how would you do the redesign, if I may ask?
    First thing, I’d ditch the cape and replace it with a “cloak”, with a hood. Since the suit is tech, the hood would act more like a tactical invisibility cloak to blend in with the city surroundings at night (think like the Predator in invisibility).
    Last edited by Blanks; 02-16-2022 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    First thing, I’d ditch the cape and replace it with a “cloak”, with a hood. Since the suit is tech, the hood would act more like a tactical invisibility cloak to blend in with the city surroundings at night (think like the Predator in invisibility).
    Sounds good to me.

Extraordinary Member

Bring back Jonas in a Human Torch type android body. There was a Captain America comic a while back that had the Nazis build a bunch of androids off of Prof Horton's design for the Torch. At the end of the story they were sealed in a ship cutting off the air and the ship was sunk.

Here is where the revamp comes in...

The Chinese salvage the ship and assemble a whole body out of parts from several of the androids. At the end of Children's Crusade when Jonas 'died' he sent his consciousness into cyberspace and eventually he finds his way into the computer systems the Chinese are using to run diagnostics on the body and Jonas takes is over.

The body has kind of a Frankenstein's Monster appearance as there are several scars where parts were sewn together. Also to differentiate him from the other Torches he is a ginger.

It could be interesting to see how he adjust to going from a 40th century battle suit to the height of 1940s android technology.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-30-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Nightwatch is rumored to get a film by Sony. So I'd pitch him as Batman meets Tenet. His original origin was him discovering Nightwatch was an older version of him destined to die. So this story is about him trying to outrun his fate. This might work better in the MCU where you have access to Kang and the TVA.

I wanted to do a miniseries where Ricochet tours Krakoa as an outsider. This would've worked better before Nanny and Orphanmaker were sent to the pit. They killed his mother when he was a kid and he had a confrontation with them back on the 90s.

Dusk gets mentored by Madame Web. They'd feel like a good fit for each other.

Pav mentioned Annex and he reminds me of Flash's tenure as Agent Venom. So I'd adapt him as working for the same black ops division that Flash worked for back in Remender's run. Or I'd just merge him with Flash in case you can't use the symbiote.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-01-2022 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Bring back Jonas in a Human Torch type android body. There was a Captain America comic a while back that had the Nazis build a bunch of androids off of Prof Horton's design for the Torch. At the end of the story they were sealed in a ship cutting off the air and the ship was sunk.

Here is where the revamp comes in...

The Chinese salvage the ship and assemble a whole body out of parts from several of the androids. At the end of Children's Crusade when Jonas 'died' he sent his consciousness into cyberspace and eventually he finds his way into the computer systems the Chinese are using to run diagnostics on the body and Jonas takes is over.

The body has kind of a Frankenstein's Monster appearance as there are several scars where parts were sewn together. Also to differentiate him from the other Torches he is a ginger.

It could be interesting to see how he adjust to going from a 40th century battle suit to the height of 1940s android technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Nightwatch is rumored to get a film by Sony. So I'd pitch him as Batman meets Tenet. His original origin was him discovering Nightwatch was an older version of him destined to die. So this story is about him trying to outrun his fate. This might work better in the MCU where you have access to Kang and the TVA.

I wanted to do a miniseries where Ricochet tours Krakoa as an outsider. This would've worked better before Nanny and Orphanmaker were sent to the pit. They killed his mother when he was a kid and he had a confrontation with them back on the 90s.

Dusk gets mentored by Madame Web. They'd feel like a good fit for each other.

Pav mentioned Annex and he reminds me of Flash's tenure as Agent Venom. So I'd adapt him as working for the same black ops division that Flash worked for back in Remender's run. Or I'd just merge him with Flash in case you can't use the symbiote.
    Both of those would be very intriguing revamps. Me? I'd bring back Grasshopper, Roxxon's own (extremely ill-fated) sponsored superhero, and link him to Fujikawa Industries instead, as the spearhead of a Japanese superhero initiative inspired by a hybrid of Kamen Rider (since the first Kamen Rider was based on a grasshopper), Super Sentai (as he'd be part of a five- or six-person squadron in similar, but distinctly colored, armors), and Metal Heroes (because their suits were made from hard metal instead of spandex like Sentai suits). Think of it as a replacement for Big Hero 6 if Marvel doesn't want to use Big Hero 6 in the comics anymore in light of the Disney animated movie and TV series (rather loosely) based on them, and bringing Japan into the super-team arms race that started in Jason Aaron's Avengers, even if that plot's been dropped in favor of shenanigans with the Multiverse and Mephisto.

Extraordinary Member

Both of those would be very intriguing revamps. Me? I'd bring back Grasshopper, Roxxon's own (extremely ill-fated) sponsored superhero, and link him to Fujikawa Industries instead, as the spearhead of a Japanese superhero initiative inspired by a hybrid of Kamen Rider (since the first Kamen Rider was based on a grasshopper), Super Sentai (as he'd be part of a five- or six-person squadron in similar, but distinctly colored, armors), and Metal Heroes (because their suits were made from hard metal instead of spandex like Sentai suits). Think of it as a replacement for Big Hero 6 if Marvel doesn't want to use Big Hero 6 in the comics anymore in light of the Disney animated movie and TV series (rather loosely) based on them, and bringing Japan into the super-team arms race that started in Jason Aaron's Avengers, even if that plot's been dropped in favor of shenanigans with the Multiverse and Mephisto.
    That would raise an interesting question on where Sunfire's and Silver Samurai's loyalties would lie. To Japan or Krakoa?

That would raise an interesting question on where Sunfire's and Silver Samurai's loyalties would lie. To Japan or Krakoa?
    Hmm, yes. Yes, indeed.

You could have Fujikawa buy the rights to Grasshopper like Beyond or Serval did. It's a corporate merger and you could poke fun at replacement characters by having Grasshopper replaced by a Fujikawa plant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could have Fujikawa buy the rights to Grasshopper like Beyond or Serval did. It's a corporate merger and you could poke fun at replacement characters by having Grasshopper replaced by a Fujikawa plant.
    Had no real idea who Grasshopper was so checked Marvel Comics Database and looks like everyone who took the suit and name is dead....so guess that some company could just buy the rights and put their operative into it.

There's more than just them. a pretty sizable number of the mutants who don't originate in the USA are paid by their govt to do stuff.

Ultimate Member

Ha, I was thinking of using a version of the Grasshopper armor as part of a Chinese team based on the Chinese zodiac. There are already people with powers that could fit the dragon (Jade Dragon) and tiger (Eosimias), but I stalled when trying to come up with a hero based on the rabbit, until I remembered the Grasshopper armor with it's super-leaps and super-kicking! Add some decent sensors (in stalks that go up like rabbit ears) and paint it white or brown, instead of green, and the Grasshopper battlesuit could make a halfway-decent Rabbit!

As for Sunfire and Silver Samurai's loyalties, Silver Samurai has always seemed a bit mercenary in his loyalties, while Sunfire was much more nationalistic, IMO, so I'd split them down the middle, with Sunfire retaining loyalty to the home islands, while Silver Samurai would transplant his flag to Krakoa.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Nightwatch is a Spider-Man character?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com