Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could have Fujikawa buy the rights to Grasshopper like Beyond or Serval did. It's a corporate merger and you could poke fun at replacement characters by having Grasshopper replaced by a Fujikawa plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Had no real idea who Grasshopper was so checked Marvel Comics Database and looks like everyone who took the suit and name is dead....so guess that some company could just buy the rights and put their operative into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ha, I was thinking of using a version of the Grasshopper armor as part of a Chinese team based on the Chinese zodiac. There are already people with powers that could fit the dragon (Jade Dragon) and tiger (Eosimias), but I stalled when trying to come up with a hero based on the rabbit, until I remembered the Grasshopper armor with it's super-leaps and super-kicking! Add some decent sensors (in stalks that go up like rabbit ears) and paint it white or brown, instead of green, and the Grasshopper battlesuit could make a halfway-decent Rabbit!

As for Sunfire and Silver Samurai's loyalties, Silver Samurai has always seemed a bit mercenary in his loyalties, while Sunfire was much more nationalistic, IMO, so I'd split them down the middle, with Sunfire retaining loyalty to the home islands, while Silver Samurai would transplant his flag to Krakoa.
    I like those ideas, and the points raised about how Fujikawa Industries could have acquired the Grasshopper trademark from Roxxon would make a lot of sense. Hell, could have it that Fujikawa aims to do the whole "corporate superhero" scam Beyond tried to pull with Spider-Man/Ben Reilly --- but better, insofar as Fujikawa isn't run by interdimensional abominations just playing around with "lower beings" for sadistic kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Nightwatch is a Spider-Man character?
    Yeah, he did make a fair amount of appearances in the 90s Spider-Man comics, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Speedball could use a solo revamp. Get started in another city.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Nightwatch is a Spider-Man character?
    Yes.

He appeared in the issue leading up to Web of Spider-Man 100 in a series of backups.

He then had a 12 issue solo series with guest spots from Venom, Cardiac and Spidey.

It was RUMORED that he was going to be in one of the Spider-Man (Garfield era) movies and that boosted the price of his appearances on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes.

He appeared in the issue leading up to Web of Spider-Man 100 in a series of backups.

He then had a 12 issue solo series with guest spots from Venom, Cardiac and Spidey.

It was RUMORED that he was going to be in one of the Spider-Man (Garfield era) movies and that boosted the price of his appearances on Ebay.
    Wow, that sounds pretty interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes.

somehow Spike Lee's name came up as an alleged director in talks. Lee denied it. lol. I actually think he could do something with Cardiac, who started off as a spider-foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    somehow Spike Lee's name came up as an alleged director in talks. Lee denied it. lol. I actually think he could do something with Cardiac, who started off as a spider-foe.
    And Cardiac would be great to adapt, given our greater awareness as a society today compared to his first years of how the wealthy and powerful can twist and subvert the law and legality to get away with incredibly immoral practices and policies that can ruin or flat-out end other people's lives.

Amazing Member

Ghost Spider 2099

Backstory
    Gwendoline Franklin a Young Security Guard Employee of the Green Globe PLC has been kidnapped and empowered to be the Next Spider-Woman by the Cult of Spiders who take Peter Parkers Creed of with great power comes great responsibility to a horrifying level.

She escapes and becomes the New Ghost Spider to bring down the Cult and their brain washed army of Super Powered Teens who along with the cult quite literally worship the creed of with great power comes great responsibility.

Personality
    Gwen is a good person and a hard worker she not Peter Parker she is not a functioning neurotic. She knows what must be done. She also has a good Family and boyfriend.

Powers
    As well as having the same powers as Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy). She also uses a suit that gives her stealth ability’s this helps her dealing with the Cult she has developed detective skills and analytical thinking along with good fighting skills. This is because of her job she also carries a black card, which give the owner unlimited funds and law immunity.

Story Themes
    The Darker Side of a Creed, what does it mean to be a Stable Superhero? What is the Cult of Spiders and why do they worship the Creed of with great power comes great responsibility to such a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Ghost Spider 2099

Backstory
    Gwendoline Franklin a Young Security Guard Employee of the Green Globe PLC has been kidnapped and empowered to be the Next Spider-Woman by the Cult of Spiders who take Peter Parkers Creed of with great power comes great responsibility to a horrifying level.

She escapes and becomes the New Ghost Spider to bring down the Cult and their brain washed army of Super Powered Teens who along with the cult quite literally worship the creed of with great power comes great responsibility.

Personality
    Gwen is a good person and a hard worker she not Peter Parker she is not a functioning neurotic. She knows what must be done. She also has a good Family and boyfriend.

Powers
    As well as having the same powers as Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy). She also uses a suit that gives her stealth ability’s this helps her dealing with the Cult she has developed detective skills and analytical thinking along with good fighting skills. This is because of her job she also carries a black card, which give the owner unlimited funds and law immunity.

Story Themes
    The Darker Side of a Creed, what does it mean to be a Stable Superhero? What is the Cult of Spiders and why do they worship the Creed of with great power comes great responsibility to such a degree?
    I like your take on Ghost-Spider 2099, especially in terms of possibly deconstructing Spider-Man's "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" credo. My version would have been Guinevere "Gwen" Stone, the daughter of Tyler Stone and partner (in both science and love) of Miguel O'Hara, as well as the sister of Kron Stone, which would make a rather unhappy family relationship. Tyler would look at both of his children as disappointments, Kron for being an unstable psychopath who couldn't be trusted with any level of real power and responsibility, Gwen for lacking the cutthroat killer instinct needed to succeed him in leadership of Alchemax. Gwen's relationship with Miguel would at first be the result of Tyler bringing them together to (hopefully) get someone he could properly mold into his heir, although things would get rather dicey with the revelation that Miguel was also Tyler's illegitimate son . . . on top of Miguel seemingly dying due to the act of sabotage that gave him his spider-powers in canon, causing Gwen to get those powers instead and wind up confronting her father down the line as Spider-Woman (or Ghost-Spider) 2099.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like your take on Ghost-Spider 2099, especially in terms of possibly deconstructing Spider-Man's "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" credo. My version would have been Guinevere "Gwen" Stone, the daughter of Tyler Stone and partner (in both science and love) of Miguel O'Hara, as well as the sister of Kron Stone, which would make a rather unhappy family relationship. Tyler would look at both of his children as disappointments, Kron for being an unstable psychopath who couldn't be trusted with any level of real power and responsibility, Gwen for lacking the cutthroat killer instinct needed to succeed him in leadership of Alchemax. Gwen's relationship with Miguel would at first be the result of Tyler bringing them together to (hopefully) get someone he could properly mold into his heir, although things would get rather dicey with the revelation that Miguel was also Tyler's illegitimate son . . . on top of Miguel seemingly dying due to the act of sabotage that gave him his spider-powers in canon, causing Gwen to get those powers instead and wind up confronting her father down the line as Spider-Woman (or Ghost-Spider) 2099.
    The Cult of Spiders in my take reflect the (one could say) obsession that Peter has had over the years with his "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" credo sacrificing a lot and becoming the mask.

Super Skrull 2099

Backstory
    It is a somewhat crazy universe with all kinds of chaos thanks to those fleeing the conquest of Earth by the likes of Alchemax many of Earths Wonders and most powerful beings fled for a safer place as an end result quite a few former foes ended up becoming allies over time becoming the Cosmic Federation.

A Skrull called Vol’Ran while exploring new worlds is exposed to cosmic rays much like the Fantastic Four is granted powers much like theirs thus, he is sent to see what is going on in the universe due to the Chaos caused by the various Human Attacks and the movement of so many wonders in to space.

Thus, Vol’Ran must deal with this as well as what has happening to his race and what has happened to the Kree.

Themes
    Marvel Cosmic 2099 what is going on with the Aliens, Space Exploration,
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 05-03-2022 at 06:55 PM.

The Cult of Spiders in my take reflect the (one could say) obsession that Peter has had over the years with his "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" credo sacrificing a lot and becoming the mask.

Super Skrull 2099

Backstory
    It is a somewhat crazy universe with all kinds of chaos thanks to those fleeing the conquest of Earth by the likes of Alchemax many of Earths Wonders and most powerful beings fled for a safer place as an end result quite a few former foes ended up becoming allies over time becoming the Cosmic Federation.

A Skrull called Vol’Ran while exploring new worlds is exposed to cosmic rays much like the Fantastic Four is granted powers much like theirs thus, he is sent to see what is going on in the universe due to the Chaos caused by the various Human Attacks and the movement of so many wonders in to space.

Thus, Vol’Ran must deal with this as well as what has happening to his race and what has happened to the Kree.

Themes
    Ooohh.... And what would he think of the fact Lyja Lazerfist is johnny's wife, and Torus Storm is not only her son, but also a hero on Earth?

After watching Moon Knight, I'd make Tigra an avatar of Bast.

Layla should be easy to port over from the show. She could be a new love interest of Marc's and another Avatar. She has similarities to Marlene but you could use that thematically.

Super Skrull 2099

Backstory

Themes
    Considering all the multibillionaires building up to colonize other planets through corporate-funded spaceflights in real life, this would make a whole lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ooohh.... And what would he think of the fact Lyja Lazerfist is johnny's wife, and Torus Storm is not only her son, but also a hero on Earth?
    I thought Torus Storm was in MC2, not 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    After watching Moon Knight, I'd make Tigra an avatar of Bast.

Layla should be easy to port over from the show. She could be a new love interest of Marc's and another Avatar. She has similarities to Marlene but you could use that thematically.
    If anyone gets confused over Black Panther and his patron deity also being Bast, just say Black Panther is Bast's champion --- but Tigra is her avatar.

I thought Torus Storm was in MC2, not 2099.
    Hmm I was thinking 2099 happened after MC2?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm I was thinking 2099 happened after MC2?
    Maybe, but MC2 and 2099 are two different timelines, if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe, but MC2 and 2099 are two different timelines, if I'm not mistaken.
    Hmm how much has been said about the "past" in 2099?