Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'd like thor to wrestle the hammers arrogance down, prove he'll let it be worthy of him and kick ass as the god of thunder again rather than hobo bland barbarian esq strong guy

Astonishing Member

I'd also like spectrum to lead the next avengers roster

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I'd like to see Kazar revamped into a head of state, leader of the Savage Land, which gets represented as a nation and a player on the world stage.
    wouldn't that defeat the point of it being a savage land? the Plunders settled there to get away from civilization; not export colonialism. they've only now deposed Sauron; with the aid of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Jubilee

Get rid of the vamparism as so many powers make a character Over Powered (She has six separate Vampire the Requiem disciplines by 9/15/2017). Restore her mutant abilities and have her start Using her powers like Bakugou from My Hero Academia, and have Child Protective Services take over Shogo because child abduction is kind of messed up.

Have her go on an arc "Why am I a super hero", Jubilee is a fighter, and she is not criminally inclined (besides petty theft), and takes not pleasure in harming others. But have her ask "Whats my plan? what are my long term goals? Where do I see myself in 5-10 years?

"I am a fighter, but why do I fight is it compulsion or philosophy?" She was trained by Banshee and Emma Frost and her father figure is Wolverine, members if her team's have died in front of her very eyes she is a psychological goldmine.
    it felt to me as if they had no idea what to do with her. I don't know why you'd change any character into a vampire; unless they normally operate in the world of the undead. it has jack-all to do w/ the X-Men. personally, I liked her as Wondra; even if I didn't like the New Warriors book (and was unhappy that she had lost such a visually interesting power). it was fun to see her act as a hero; despite losing that part of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wouldn't that defeat the point of it being a savage land? the Plunders settled there to get away from civilization; not export colonialism. they've only now deposed Sauron; with the aid of the Avengers.
    That's why it would be different. And I'm not suggesting he colonize the place. I imagine he'd be a democratically appointed leader where he can preserve the "savage" character of the land without outside influence.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Your bog standard generic Hollywood mook vampire that any hero can kill has some dots in Celerity, Potence, Fortitude, animalism, Obfuscate, Dominate, and maxed out Protean.
    Maxed out protean gives you mist from/ Intangibility is a super power on its own, and bog standard vampires are basically saber-tooth physically with some low level super-speed thrown in. That very broken, In my observations vampires in marvel have to behave very stupidly with their abilities to get killed so often by super hero's.

Character's like Carol Danvers Binary, or Sunfire level or the Fantastic Four (Which are one the same level as the previous 2) should easily deal with vampires. Anyone else weaker unelss that character fought particularly intelligently its plot armor.

Of course I also believe Quicksilver has a decisive advantage over Wolverine (Logan) in any fight, but written out Wolverine is to popular to be beaten by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've said how I'd revamp the Fantastic Four ad nauseam.

The Thing - His personality is great, just make him stronger and no more self pity over being the Thing. That plotpoint has become overused.
    Mr. Fantastic - Less magical genius and less screentime on FF books. Make him stop treating the team like kids and more like equals.
    Human Torch - More mature, focus more on his mechanical skills while also making it more obvious that he loves being a superhero. (I'd also make him bi, but I can also live without it)
    Invisible Woman - Make her a doctor/surgeon and more involved in the Marvel Universe away from the team. Have her love being an adventurer.

Here are some other characters:

Nightcrawler - More swashbuckler than over-religious priest. Have him be the emotional heart of the X-Men as he should be and be better integrated into the story. He shouldn't just be there as glorified wallpaper *cough* X-Men: Gold *cough*

Storm - The X-franchise needs to look at the Black Panther books to see how Storm should be done. it's the best she's been in years.
    I would read this version of the Fantastic Four so hard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Maxed out protean gives you mist from/ Intangibility is a super power on its own, and bog standard vampires are basically saber-tooth physically with some low level super-speed thrown in. That very broken, In my observations vampires in marvel have to behave very stupidly with their abilities to get killed so often by super hero's.
    It's only broken if you look at it as game mechanics or post a lot on the Rumbles board.
    Turning into mist is your basic vampire power for non-White-wolf vampires. It's a lot more common than most lower levels of Protean powers in vampire stories.

Superspeed in generally only considered a big deal if you're DC and have built a stupid powerful franchise around a sort of "Speed Force".

That's why it would be different. And I'm not suggesting he colonize the place. I imagine he'd be a democratically appointed leader where he can preserve the "savage" character of the land without outside influence.
    I'm trying to imagine the locals voting for something (and picking an outsider as their representative to the outside world). maybe colonization was the wrong term. but it seems as if it would be forcing them into a different way of living. they already have all of the resources they need. trading partners aren't needed. they'd almost be drawing a target on themselves. they already have tribes and tribal leaders.

DISCLAIMER: *climbs onto the soapbox*

The Hornet identity (both of them) should have been set aside to be used as part of the Pym legacy. seriously, Marvel. how could you be so stupid as to take it off the table/give it to two morts? why is it tied to two spider characters? wouldn't that have been a natural name for Hank to take, as the Wasp's partner? it would have saved him from having to step back into the tainted Yellowjacket identity.

anyways, I would have found some way for Eric O'Grady to wind up w/ some version of the identity. they could even have Eddie McDonough build the thing (maybe even working as Pym's lab assistant after the events of Slingers). keep in mind that Neal was killed by Wolverine during the Enemy of the State storyline. Eric became Ant-Man during Enemy of the State; Hydra downed the Helicarrier he worked on to free Wolverine, irrc. it would have been pretty good timing to, say, have Eric swipe the armor from some SHIELD lost and found; at the end of the series. actually, I don't care how he comes upon it. the story is the same; Eric swipes the costumed identity of a better human being, on his path to reformation. I'm just saying that the identity makes more sense for a Pym particle using character. and they clearly didn't have long term plans for the Slingers. they were just milking the "popularity" of some weird story where Peter wore different identities. and Eric was bound to lose the Ant-Man id when the movie hit. I get that Eddie McDonough represented something rare in the Marvel Universe. he had a handicap. but they chose to kill him. I do admit that Ricochet had a lot of potential. they made use of Prodigy (and gave his name to 2 characters for some reason). Dusk was mostly forgettable but, like Hornet, had a cool look.

*climbs off soap box*

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm trying to imagine the locals voting for something (and picking an outsider as their representative to the outside world). maybe colonization was the wrong term. but it seems as if it would be forcing them into a different way of living. they already have all of the resources they need. trading partners aren't needed. they'd almost be drawing a target on themselves. they already have tribes and tribal leaders.
    They're being invaded by malicious agents constantly. I think a unification of the tribes with Kazar as the leader would be interesting. Plus, iirc Kazar's been protecting the place since he was a boy. I wouldn't consider him an outsider.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

They're being invaded by malicious agents constantly. I think a unification of the tribes with Kazar as the leader would be interesting. Plus, iirc Kazar's been protecting the place since he was a boy. I wouldn't consider him an outsider.
    i'm not against the tribes unifying. I just don't think that the current state of things in the Savageland is broken enough to require that. and i'm not sure that Ka-Zar is the man to do it. he's not Namor or T'challa. they are both natives of their respective kingdoms. like you said, he's been protecting the region. so he's one of the Savageland's protectors. that role works for him. becoming a politician sounds a little un-Ka-zar-like. but I could be wrong.

iMan 42s

Ultron-12 (yes, the good one)

Don't make him shift sizes, don't make him a robotic Iron man, and for the love of Khonshu don't fuse him to a human. Simple question? What would he have done had he been allowed to have a "normal" life after having his change of heart. Visually he holds to the appearance of Ultron, but the way he goes about life should be very human. He should have a surreal way of how he goes about his daily routine. So as a superhero he should physically look something like Hank Pym (this model having had some reconciliation with Pym) but retaining the Ultron elements like the Jack o' Lantern head. Thanks to his visual you know he will save the day, but at the same time it's unsettling to see the clearly evil robot form. So give him a costume and characteristically build off of his time with Hank. He's unsettling and he knows it, but is 100% on board with being a decent guy.
    As far as powersets go it should be his intelligence. He should make gadgets and gizmos with some even poking out of him kind of like a competent Inspector Gadget. Have some fun with it and even include mundane things in his kit like bus fare or even an umbrella. He's a superhero but mostly harmless otherwise.

Considering how real the fears are of artificial intelligence going Skynet on the world, it might be a good thing to be thinking about how to do a super robot right with someone who clearly knows what he did was wrong. I'd go for 12 being called Crimson Cowl as well considering it was Ultron's thing and not many people might be aware that Ultron is the Crimson Cowl.

Edit- His personality should incorporate aspects of that one Ultron that became a drunk hobo (apparently he can consume alcohol) because that was so weirdly charming I find it weird it's never referenced
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 09-15-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ultron-12 (yes, the good one)

Don't make him shift sizes, don't make him a robotic Iron man, and for the love of Khonshu don't fuse him to a human. Simple question? What would he have done had he been allowed to have a "normal" life after having his change of heart. Visually he holds to the appearance of Ultron, but the way he goes about life should be very human. He should have a surreal way of how he goes about his daily routine. So as a superhero he should physically look something like Hank Pym (this model having had some reconciliation with Pym) but retaining the Ultron elements like the Jack o' Lantern head. Thanks to his visual you know he will save the day, but at the same time it's unsettling to see the clearly evil robot form. So give him a costume and characteristically build off of his time with Hank. He's unsettling and he knows it, but is 100% on board with being a decent guy.
    As far as powersets go it should be his intelligence. He should make gadgets and gizmos with some even poking out of him kind of like a competent Inspector Gadget. Have some fun with it and even include mundane things in his kit like bus fare or even an umbrella. He's a superhero but mostly harmless otherwise.

Considering how real the fears are of artificial intelligence going Skynet on the world it might be a good thing to be thinking about how to do a super robot right with someone who clearly knows what he did was wrong. I'd go for 12 being called Crimson Cowl as well considering it was Ultron's thing and not many people might be aware that Ultron is the Crimson Cowl.
    could be something good to explore. minus the jack o lantern face, it reminds me of Alex Ultron from the New Defenders. when you say "look like Hank Pym," which costume are you referring to?

on another note, I kind of wanted Lucia von Bardas to be the new Crimson Cowl but that's just my personal choice.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-15-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Incredible Member

The Banshee
    Play up his spy background, as well as his ties with the underworld.
    He needs a new uniform.
    He can certainly use his voice to go both below and above the range of human hearing; he doesn't have to announce his presence so noisily.
    Have him develop greater uses for his powers....he should be able to duplicate Rictor's gifts, and scramble people's equilibrium.