Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Will Vic Sage Return as the Question?

I'm feeling nostalgic. O'Neil and Cowan did splendid work on the late eighties/early nineties series. Vic and Aristotle Roder pontificating about life. The wisdom and teachings of Richard Dragon. I particularly enjoyed the crossovers with Green Arrow. Ollie and Vic discussing what it means to be a man and a hero in Question #18. Some of O'Neil's finest work.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

If DC were to bring back the Question, either as a supporting character or as a star of a miniseries, I would have reason to believe it would be Vic, but I also think Renee will return as the Question as well, sort of like how both Ted and Jaime are both Blue Beetle (I believe I'm not reading the current Blue Beetle series), in the Rebirth Blue Beetle comic
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 08-31-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    If DC were to bring back the Question, either as a supporting character or as a star of a miniseries, I would have reason to believe it would be Vic, but I also think Renee will return as the Question as well.
    Yes. I never took to Renee as the Question.

Fantastic Member

I hope he does the question has been one of my favorite dc characters since justice league unlimited.

I think it's likely that if the Question ever shows up again it'll probably be some version of Vic Sage.

Renee's transformation into the question never made sense to me. As much as I like 52 and, this development never felt genuine to me. Granted, Renee needed to become something else than a drunk, but still... I did like her interactions with Vic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Renee's transformation into the question never made sense to me. As much as I like 52 and, this development never felt genuine to me. Granted, Renee needed to become something else than a drunk, but still... I did like her interactions with Vic though.
    Made sense to me. Vic picks her as a form of a last attempt at redemption before dying and in the process Renee herself is redeemed from her past demons.

BANNED

I'd have no problem with Vic coming back as the Question, but ONLY if he was sharing the role with Renee. Truth be told, I don't really care about Vic (outside of JLU) but I love Renee, primarily from 52 and her time as The Question.

Even so, I don't see why either fanbase should have to get pissed, and I think there's definitely room for two Questions. Especially since we've seen how well the two work together.

I'd love to see the O'Neil version of Vic/The Question return. That 36 issue run (plus the quarterlies) still holds up in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'd have no problem with Vic coming back as the Question, but ONLY if he was sharing the role with Renee. Truth be told, I don't really care about Vic (outside of JLU) but I love Renee, primarily from 52 and her time as The Question.

Even so, I don't see why either fanbase should have to get pissed, and I think there's definitely room for two Questions. Especially since we've seen how well the two work together.
    I enjoyed the story of Renee as The Question, but I'm happy having her back in the GCPD so I'm not in any rush to see her back in that identity.

I suppose we will see Question in special ocassions as Convergence or Multiversity, but I like Rene as the next Question. Who knows? Could be a Rorschach-Vic Sage face to face soon.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

https://www.cbr.com/the-question-war...s-live-action/

One of the few letters I ever wrote to DC (snail mail!) was a million years ago saying that "The Question" would be great as a tv show. Vic would work much better as an episodic than a feature film and I'm glad to hear that DC (or is it WB?) actually has plans. I only hope that it's for Vic and the reason he's off limits isn't that they want to do something with Renee.

Considering the current political climate and how the news media is presenting itself these days, Vic could be more relevant than ever more for his day job than as a vigilante.

oops - double post