Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I take what is said on BC with a grain of salt, especially if they say something is going to happen. But if they say something is false, I am more likely to believe that, because it is not in their best interest to say that most of the time. But I still look at it critically, and never take rumors (no matter where they are posted) at face value, and look for things that support what is being said. And in this case, one of the creators posted right on the article in the comments saying it was bull, and other creators have said the same on Twitter and stuff, with verified accounts. Then you consider that the account of things doesn't even make logical sense if you give it a bit of thought, no intern would have access to THIS much detailed information, something like Legacy isn't pulled together at the last minute like is claimed, especially with the seeds for it being planted in Thor over a year ago, nor would creators be attached to projects without even being aware they were in the running, I've known people who have worked at Marvel both as creators and in editorial, (they are not there now, but it wasn't all that long ago) and it just doesn't work that way, and add in some things said contradict each other, and it strongly points to it being almost a pure fabrication from start to finish. They sprinkled in a few earlier rumors pulled from BC to give it an air of legitimacy, so those few things MIGHT end up being true, but most of it is obviously pure bullshit made up by someone who clearly has an ax to grind and are trying to push the narrative that a diveristy push is killing Marvel.

And come on, that's some convenient doublespeak, you believe them but don't believe what they say will come true, so you can be right either way in your head.
    What is hard about believing that a disgruntled employee sees something secret and posted it? Things like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What is hard about believing that a disgruntled employee sees something secret and posted it? Things like that happen.
    That in itself isn't hard to believe. But it is also extremely easy for some random person on the internet to to make a post on 4chan and SAY they are a disgruntled employee, so I won't take any such claims at face value, that would be stupid. Their claims still have to at least make sense, and not be immediately debunked my multiple other, more reliable, sources.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I don't know...4chan has been right and wrong before... we live in a leak everything age. I don't know if you guys know this but there was a massive Magic the Gathering leak for their set ixilan... where did it show up? 4chan. Then there was "the fappening"... 4Pol brought the term weaponized autism into existence when it outed of that Professor from the bike lock on incident. This could be right or wrong but then someone in this thread posted videos with Tom brevoort sing some things at least similar to what this leak suggests... it might not be true as well, I don't think it's time to start getting our work selves worked up just yet.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

This whole "leak" has been known bullshit since Gischler was announced for Spirits of Vengeance. For whatever reason, it continued to get spread across the internet which caused BC to bring up the "leaks" and let everyone know that it's fake. It's just a bunch of stuff that BC themselves leaked and then vague teases about everything else and the stuff that isn't vague was quickly disproven. It's 4chan fanfic at it's finest. It takes stuff we already know and stuff that is highly suspected and then smears a bunch of lies on them to criticize Marvel (which is a weird way to do it).

Believing that these leaks have any amount of truth to them just makes you look stupid.

Interesting if true, although it reads a bit like it could have come simply from someone who dislikes where the books are now... anyway, a few thoughts!

* Bit of a shame if Squirrel Girls solo is ending and she is moving over to New Warriors... that said, would Ryan still be writing it? I hope so...

* Would the 'tanking' of books like Kingpin etc be such a shock? I mean, I thought they where 'minis' anyway awaiting to be full series if books sold well.

* While the idea of moving the newer heroes to the 'Ultimate' title is not bad... I am not keen on the idea of them being gated off from the rest of the MU. They should still be treated as players in the univurse, not kids in their own playground.

* Wilson working on Captain Marvel sounds brilliant. I say this as someone who counts Carol as their third favorite character, but they do need to bring her a bit 'down to earth' now, given what happened with her in CWII.

* Cotes working on Captain America? Yes please!

* I like the idea of Spencer working on ASM.

* I care about the 70's Defender Valkyrie! She rocks! At least they seem to want Jane-Thor to stay around as a hero now...

Incredible Member

A disgruntled employee seeing something secret and leaking it is plausible, a disgruntled employee seeing everything secret from every department and can describe long term plans in very exact details would be highly implausible even without taking into account the source.

This person has taking a lot of already existing rumors and come up with a bunch of stuff he's made up himself, trouble is some of the stuff has already proven false. Also there's some contradictions there, he makes a big point that Marvel is spooked that diversity characters don't sell and yet goes on to say that the likes of Kamala Khan and Jane Foster are hits. I mean he's covered his ass there for whatever Marvel plans to do with Thor and Ms Marvel but only if you turn your brain off ans accept contradictory claims at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    * Bit of a shame if Squirrel Girls solo is ending and she is moving over to New Warriors... that said, would Ryan still be writing it? I hope so...
    This one's definitely wrong. Squirrel Girl would leave U.S.Avengers (which seems to be ending anyway) to join the New Warriors, not lose her solo.

Though a TV synergy New Warriors has a major hurdle to overcome - Microbe died in Civil War. Eleven years ago!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Yeah, it was from around May or so, IIRC. Either way, twas a /co/ """leak""". Everyone and their mothers knew it wasjust a mish-mash of info from other sources and fan-fic.
    Nevertheless it gained traction on a number of message boatds to the extent that creators were being asked about it and wondering where the hell this was coming from...

Incredible Member

I'm not desperate for anything. Which is it? Is Blleeding Cool a Hack site or is it suddenly a respected site? Do you think Marvel is going to say that its true? Also just because I believe what was posted doesn't mean I believe that will they will happen. Companies come up with plans an change their minds. What he/she posted could've been their plans from 6 months ago. That doesn't mean that is their plans now. If they changed their minds on changing creative teams on titles why would they need to inform the creator's that they thought of replacing them?
    I specifically spoke to a number of freelance creators who a) said it wasn't true b) said they hadn't even been approached by Marvel and c) were wondering where this rumour was coming from as a number of people had asked them.

The stories that are true are the ones we previously ran. They took my stories and mixed the, with a bunch of provably fake ones. When it is revealed Ta-Nehisi is writing Cap, Spencer is on Spider-Man and there is an actual relaunch in the spring that will then bolster their posts even though they are bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I specifically spoke to a number of freelance creators who a) said it wasn't true b) said they hadn't even been approached by Marvel and c) were wondering where this rumour was coming from as a number of people had asked them.

The stories that are true are the ones we previously ran. They took my stories and mixed the, with a bunch of provably fake ones. When it is revealed Ta-Nehisi is writing Cap, Spencer is on Spider-Man and there is an actual relaunch in the spring that will then bolster their posts even though they are bollocks.
    Does your sources tell you all of Marvel's plans when you ask? Do the creator's?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post

Any word on who is the returning icon in Legacy #1?

I figure it's gotta be real Logan. He's the only "icon" who's been gone long enough to make any impact whatsoever.

Plus, that really did sound like a *SNIKT* at the end of the video...just like the sound his claws made when he unleashed them a little more slowly in X-men: Apocalypse. For dramatic effect.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-02-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Any word on who is the returning icon in Legacy #1?

I figure it's gotta be real Logan. He's the only "icon" who's been gone long enough to make any impact whatsoever.

Plus, that really did sound like a *SNIKT* at the end of the video...just like the sound his claws made when he unleashed them a little more slowly in X-men: Apocalypse. For dramatic effect.
    I would like Logan to return but I would be worried that Laura might become sidelined - Her being Wolverine and her book itself are just great and I wouldn't want to lose it.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I don't think she'll be any more sidelined than she is right now with OML taking all the team spots and Laura on none. If anything it might give them a chance to reshuffle the decks in that regard and put her on a team.

BANNED

Hot off the presses, even MORE leaks!111elevenone!1elevenoneone!!11

Deep Throat here.

Marvel's super duper panicing right now. They paid off Rich Johnston to debunk Whisperer's original posting, since Marvel is wanting to smother out all potential bad press leading up to the launch of Legacy. Payments have been made, bribes have been mailed out, and hit pieces against DC for a laundry list of imaginary sins against Social Justice will soon be coming out to help sell the rigged narrative that Marvel Legacy is the savior of the industry. Sales for Generation have been god-awful and the retailer revolt has many fearing for what sales will be for the launch of Legacy. Let alone how bad the drop off will be between #1 and #2 for a lot of the books.

And for more details for those who want to know what the original Secret Empire plan was.

To make a comparison, Secret Empire was going to be Marvel's version of Legends, in terms of the crossover that was going to be the belated beginning of a brand new era for Marvel.

Crisis on Infinite Earths ended in 1986 but DC really was scrambling after it ended to figure out what they were going to do with their core books. The reboot of Wonder Woman was delayed once George Perez became available, Flash canceled and put on hiatus/Wally warehoused in New Teen Titans due to the fact that Wally being made Flash was a last minute idea due to DC having no clue who was going to replace Barry, the Detroit JLA was given one last chance with Batman headlining the team, and while Superman was rebooted, Batman continued like normal and would not officially "reboot" until Batman #408.

With Legends, DC formalized their Post-Crisis status quo. Wonder Woman finally came out, Batman had Year One published at the same time as Legends, Justice League of America gave way to Justice League International, the new Suicide Squad debuted, and the Wally West Flash comic came out.

Secret Empire was going to be this for Marvel. The official ending of an era of the Marvel Universe as we knew it and the dawning of the SJW era, with all of the SJW heroes as THE main heroes and the existig iconic versions all dead or retired or disgraced.

The original plan for eliminating the heroes:
    *Miles kills Steve Rogers
    *Vision killed by Thor when Thor finally has enough being Steve's bitch (originally, Vision wasn't brainwashed and with Cap because he legit hates humanity after what happened in the Vision series)
    *Thor going to jail for his part in Steve's reign of terror
    *Bruce Banner was never supposed to come back
    *Clint Barton going into hiding and basically being declared off-limits to basically everyone
    *Tony Stark, back before Bendis rewrote Civil War II to put Tony in a coma, retiring with Black Widow (was supposed to have a scene where she is a passive-aggressive bitch to Peter for refusing to retire and let Miles be the one true Spider-Man) on a giant floating airship that will be touring the world
    *Jan and Wonder Man killed when Cap destroys Vegas (carried out by Cap and not surrogates, with the destruction caused by him nuking Vegas)
    *Wanda, like Thor, being a willing ally to Cap but ultimately being killed mid-way through as one of several moments to hammer home Cap was beyond red and to set up Thor ultimately turning on Cap

The end result would be Carol Danvers as the new top hero of the Marvel Universe and the launch of a new Avengers book with the new A-Listers: Carol (Captain Marvel), Falcon (Captain America), Riri (new Iron Man), Viv (New Vision), Nadia (New Wasp), Cho (New Hulk), Miles (New Black Widow), Kate Bishop (New Hawkeye), Jane Foster (Thor), with Ms Marvel and America Chavez as reserve members.

Champions would be canceled and the company would then promptly resort back to the "ghettoing" of the line into various imprints (Spider-Books, X-Books, Defenders, Guardians, Inhumans) with the SJW Avengers as the crown jewel of the company.

Direction-wise, one of the aims was to recreate the arc of the late 00s. Civil War II/Civil War I > Secret Empire/Secret Invasion and Dark Reign > Legacy/Heroic Age.

Following the defeat and death of Steve Rogers, the US government would reinstitute the Super-Hero Registration Act which the Avengers woud support. This would lead to mass retirement in the hero world (Marvel's way of freeing up alter egos of existing heroes for new SJW versions) and the new Avengers being the only federally approved hero team out there. X-Men, Spider-Man, Guardians, etc would go back to being fugitives or at the very least, not trusted by the public or US government and the Avengers themselves, would become a true "global" super-hero team and start actively having adventures outside the US. There was talk about even ripping off the JLA and giving the Avengers a space station headquarters.

It's pretty clear it's all bull, but I thought it was worth a few laughs. The Rivera-Letter still wins IMO though. That was a top-tier, classic /co/ dig.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 09-03-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

These aren't even good fakes. Good fake rumors sound like they could be true. Bad fake rumors confirm that everything you ever suspected is true, when in real life, only part of what we suspected is true. The idea that Marvel was going to destroy so many of its top heroes in an SJW-friendly purge is something that only really makes sense to people who already want to believe it.

Yes, sometimes things that sound implausible turn out to be true - like "Marvel is going to cancel the Fantastic Four" - but not a gigantic infodump where every piece of information confirms our worst suspicions.