View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Storm is FINALLY A TRUE GODDESS... but should she be one?

In the recent issue of BP #17, Storm was finally announced to be a divine being by demonstrating the ability to wield divine power. It was hinted at years ago by Claremont and now Coates made it fully realized. My question is what would you like to see her do with power and are you happy that she is an actual goddess ? What limitations if any should be applied to this new power?

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2017 at 01:27 PM.

No, because I doubt anyone will start writing her as goddess from now on, specially when that was randomly revealed on a Black Panther issue instead of X-Men, so it will just make continuity more messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, because I doubt anyone will start writing her as goddess from now on, specially when that was randomly revealed on a Black Panther issue instead of X-Men, so it will just make continuity more messy.
    agreed with anyone else writing her as such especially the current xwriters. however I don't think it was random nor would it make it messy because Claremont did hint at this years ago:

and if the xmen side were to do it, I think they would have done so in her solo. I think the current writer of BP really likes her character and shows a great interest in her. the xside just doesn't care to explore anything with her it would appear.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.

BANNED

No limits to her power. Full on Rogue Storm. I'd like to see her dethrone Kitty, then overthrow Black Panther and seize control of Wakanda with the X-Men as her personal body guards.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 09-02-2017 at 01:16 PM.

That's a really bad idea. Overpowered characters don't work well on team books. They either act like idiots who can't remember what they can do, or they take over the team and no one else gets to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's a really bad idea. Overpowered characters don't work well on team books. They either act like idiots who can't remember what they can do, or they take over the team and no one else gets to do anything.
    Or they are killed off because of it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Or they are killed off because of it.
    Ah, yes - Phoenix...

Meh, its unneeded, but i sont really care... As long as X-writers for the next 40 years ignore it

well that is essentially what has happened to storm for the longest within the current books of xmen. I mean she literally shoots lightning at everything without the slightest thought about whether using it would be the most effective attack.

if characters like thor and hulk can thrive in team settings in sure storm could given the right team and writer.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well that is essentially what has happened to storm for the longest within the current books of xmen. I mean she literally shoots lightning at everything without the slightest thought about whether using it would be the most effective.

if characters like thor and hulk can thrive in team settings in sure storm could given the right team and writer.
    In no expert on Thor and Hulk, but they basically just hit things. Well, Thor flies, too. Yeah, they can do a few feats, but nowhere near what Storm can do.

In no expert on Thor and Hulk, but they basically just hit things. Well, Thor flies, too. Yeah, they can do a few feats, but nowhere near what Storm can do.
    though i agree with you, u may want to use caution just in case some thor/hulk fans wander into here. they will be ready to charge you with treason with you saying stuff like they are unable to do what she does lol.

But if Thor and Hulk are more powerful than Strom ...

From hehco every time Storm has faced Thor, ends up ridiculously humiliated ororo

BANNED

Thor has fought Galactus. Any version of Thor does a lot more than hit. Thor has a magic hammer, can teleport through space and time, and controls the storm and em energies at such a high level he easily shut Magneto down. Thor controls various mystical forces.

Some of you need to read issues of the larger Marvel Universe.

The Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange and Dr. Voodoo are Avengers, and we see what magic can do in Marvel. For that matter Magik is an X-Man, and see what she is capable of.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

It's a bad idea. She can't be both a mutant and a goddess. And it will eventually lead to bad story plots.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's a bad idea. She can't be both a mutant and a goddess. And it will eventually lead to bad story plots.
    It's not just her. There are other beings some how usng the power of Faith to boost their power.

The difference between a god and a mutant is their soul has x1000 the power. Power level wise...well the dark Avengers and h.a.m.m.e.r. broke Asgard
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-02-2017 at 06:34 PM.