View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Storm is FINALLY A TRUE GODDESS... but should she be one?

In the recent issue of BP #17, Storm was finally announced to be a divine being by demonstrating the ability to wield divine power. It was hinted at years ago by Claremont and now Coates made it fully realized. My question is what would you like to see her do with power and are you happy that she is an actual goddess ? What limitations if any should be applied to this new power?

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2017 at 01:27 PM.

No, because I doubt anyone will start writing her as goddess from now on, specially when that was randomly revealed on a Black Panther issue instead of X-Men, so it will just make continuity more messy.

BANNED

No limits to her power. Full on Rogue Storm. I'd like to see her dethrone Kitty, then overthrow Black Panther and seize control of Wakanda with the X-Men as her personal body guards.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 09-02-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, because I doubt anyone will start writing her as goddess from now on, specially when that was randomly revealed on a Black Panther issue instead of X-Men, so it will just make continuity more messy.
    agreed with anyone else writing her as such especially the current xwriters. however I don't think it was random nor would it make it messy because Claremont did hint at this years ago:

and if the xmen side were to do it, I think they would have done so in her solo. I think the current writer of BP really likes her character and shows a great interest in her. the xside just doesn't care to explore anything with her it would appear.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.

That's a really bad idea. Overpowered characters don't work well on team books. They either act like idiots who can't remember what they can do, or they take over the team and no one else gets to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's a really bad idea. Overpowered characters don't work well on team books. They either act like idiots who can't remember what they can do, or they take over the team and no one else gets to do anything.
    Or they are killed off because of it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    No limits to her power. Full on Rogue Storm. I'd like to see her dethrone Kitty, then overthrow Black Panther and seize control of Wakanda with the X-Men as her personnel body guards.
    lolol.... nah.. kitty can continue to be the best xleader ever while ororo and tchalla rule wakanda side by side
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Or they are killed off because of it.
    Ah, yes - Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    well that is essentially what has happened to storm for the longest within the current books of xmen. I mean she literally shoots lightning at everything without the slightest thought about whether using it would be the most effective attack.

if characters like thor and hulk can thrive in team settings in sure storm could given the right team and writer.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Meh, its unneeded, but i sont really care... As long as X-writers for the next 40 years ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Meh, its unneeded, but i sont really care... As long as X-writers for the next 40 years ignore it
    the xwriters have been ignoring her for the past 10 plus years so your wish may very well be granted based upon that.

Indifferent.

not bad but not that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Indifferent.

not bad but not that good either.
    why do u say not bad but not good either?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do u say not bad but not good either?
    its bad and good at the same time for me.

Bad - I don't know much about her. all I know she is a mutant who is in love with BP and is called a Goddess but she is not an actual deity and now she is a deity, add the fact that she will be inconsistent about her status (you know, too many writers)

Good - at least its something new and they can do more with her, feature in let's say Thor comics etc

No. Storms one of those characters who believes a little too much in her own hype. She will probably go on for a little bit being more super but then she will realize that she is only human and go back to being, still powerful, regular Storm.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-02-2017 at 01:45 PM.