View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    by hadari yao... thoughts being void at that location shown in the scan doesn't severe his worshippers' faith in him. beings from different parts of the universe, not just humans as u originally stated, still prayed and worshipped him. in fact thor himself stated himself this prayer and worshippers is what makes asgardians gods. how you continue to argue this after that is beyond me. nevertheless I think I have debunked your false narrative that he doesn't require prayer and worshippers to be a god. maybe you can find one where it actually says the opposite to demonstrate I'm wrong versus these dated scans you are inadequately using to make a claim not even stated on the scans you are referencing.
    Faith, thought, prayer cannot exist where there are no beings to sustain it. In that scan no beings sustain that prayer so how is he existing without it? He can and their faith has limits Thor doesn't always have them. In the scans I showed no faith exists an yet he was just fine but go ahead try and use scans that show their faith being real in that space. Thor has literally been dead everyone watched him die and decided it's time to come back, no prayer, no faith from any being just him. So again paradox can exist. Thor can exist without faith sustaining him just like the elder gods existing when the universe was young and no sentient beings existed to worship them.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-20-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Faith, thought, prayer cannot exist where there are no beings to sustain it. In that scan no beings sustain that prayer so how is he existing without it? He can and their faith has limits Thor doesn't always have them. In the scans I showed no faith exists an yet he was just fine but go ahead try and use scans that show their faith being real in that space. Thor has literally been dead everyone watched him die and decided it's time to come back, no prayer, no faith from any being just him. So again paradox can exist. Thor can exist without faith sustaining him just like the elder gods existing when the universe was young and no sentience beings existed to worship them.
    prove it cant via evidence from canon. there is no paradox other than the one you are creating. no where does it say faith doesn't exist you are making that up to prove a point that cannot be supported as thor and asgardians themselve tell you what he needs to be a god which is prayer and worshippers. you have been debunked. it's ok. to be wrong as you are here.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-20-2018 at 12:54 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Oh honey, his power doesn't always require prayer.
    Here he flies to a place where no thought can even reach him, just fine.

Did you not read this? Where he went nothing existed, not even thought itself. I didn't make this up. It's right there in the scan if you bothered to pay attention. That my dear is paradox.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-20-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Amazing Member

No, she shouldn't

Did you not read this? Where he went nothing existed, not even thought itself. I didn't make this up. It's right there in the scan of you bothered to pay attention. That my dear is paradox.
    where does it say his worshippers stopped believing in him and even without this his power was still retained? the statement of no thoughts being their have nothing to do with him still being worshipped as a god by those who believe in his power. that is my point. so you have yet to disprove the scans that state he requires prayer and worshippers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwentiel View Post
    No, she shouldn't
    well the question is kinda irrelevant at this point she is one now...

BANNED

where does it say his worshippers stopped believing in him and even without this his power was still retained? the statement of no thoughts being their have nothing to do with him still being worshipped as a god by those who believe in his power. that is my point. so you have yet to disprove the scans that state he requires prayer and worshippers.
    There is literally no one there to worship him or even remember him. That's the point.

There is literally no one there to worship him or even remember him. That's the point.
    But he does have his hammer. He also has default asgardian strength. So i guess the true question is how much of thors hammer allowed him power and how much of his own natural abilities he needed. Also just because no one around you doesnt have faith in you doesnt mean no one anywhere does. It says people must have faith in the gods not that they have to be in a 1000 mile radius to receive it. Perhaps this scan would be a better example if thor didnt have an all powerful weapon like mjonir with him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Heck he even says by the power of mjonir so one can argue he didnt even have the power on his own to do anything in the scan.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

posting g this from storm page cause it's so relevant here

BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!!!!! BUTTEFLYKYSS IS IN THE MOTHERFREAKING HOUSE!!!!!

I have been waiting all day anxiously to tell everyone how so HAPPY I am this day is finally upon!

First let me do a QUICK SHOT OUT TO ALL THE HATERS!!!! YES... I'm talking to YOU.... and YOU... and DEFINITELY YOU!!!!!

You said we were crazy, misinterpreting, and that Coates would let us down but BABY..... AS OF 04/18/2018 all questions and concerns have been addressed. MS. MUNROE IS A GODDESS!!!!!!!!

THE ONE TRUE GODDESS OF THE XMEN AND IT'S 616 CANON!!!! I hope that pill isn't too hard for you to swallow.

Now that I got them out the way! FAM!!!!! Can the Church of HADARI YAO SAY AMEN!!!!!!! We made it, we are finally here and have seen our Queen that we always knew was a goddess finally be CONFIRMED TO BE ONE! She didn't need to be possessed by some fiery bird, she didn't need no Asgard hammers, she don't need no secondary mutations. NONE OF THAT. This power being a godhead was something passed down to her from her ANCESTORS!!!!!!

I was so impressed that Coates did what most of us had wanted in this issue. He allowed everyone to get their moment, allowed this all to be BP's ultimate plan, and in the end it was Storm's GOD BLAST that nearly eviscerated Adversary, even when Zawavari, Shuri, nor metal could defeat him. It was revealed Adversary was always and truly afraid of Storm because of HER POWER not Forge's. And let us not forget he made it clear these two, O'RORO and T'CHALLA, were in love and together. No Logan, No Thor, NO YUKIO, no Nakia, no Monica, no whoever you want to see either of these two with.... NOPE JUST T'CHORO!!!!!

So Storm FAM there is so much to be happy for!!! Now this great news which should all brings us together will certainly not be met with joy from some. Some people want Storm to only shoot lightning, some people want her to be lifted to being a goddess not by her own power given to her by her ancestors but by way of a white pantheon tool, and some will even argue that even after this Storm is not a Goddess. Well I am about to lay some simple truths out for you here so it is plain as day.
    So here are some myths that you will hear from people that are upset COATES has canonized Ororo godhood.

MYTH #1: All she did was shoot lightning at Adversary.

Wrong: What she actually did was project divine lightning or god blast at Adversary which nearly took him completely out. Keep in mind her power was ineffective against him (as the others were in this issue) way back in issue number 16. It wasn't until her divine power was unlocked that she was able to do away with Sefako aka Adversary storm and close the portal.

MYTH #2: It was Storm and the Mystics that took Adversary out.

Wrong: All the mystics did was open a gate to a different portal. Their power in itself was absolutely ineffective as demonstrated when Zawavari attempted to shackle Adversary and easily broke free.

MYTH #3: All Storm's power did was harm Adversary.

Wrong: Zawavari and Black panther harmed him with their attacks. T'challa acknowledged that no one could prevail against the demon but O'roro. Her power did way more than distress or harm it. It nearly destroyed him.

Myth #4: Storm is not a goddess and only the faith of the people can allow her to be one.

Wrong: This a two parter. One, T'challa explains through narration that her being a god is something that was passed down to her from her ancestors, a gift of godhead (faith) allows her to tap into the faith of others to make her more powerful:

Storm back in issue 13 explains that for god/goddesses the faith of the believers give them more power (and does not make them a god, this is something that has to be already there). It is this faith that allows them to elevate beyond regular humans.

Myth #5: Storm was always a goddess! This isn't anything to be celebrated!

Wrong: Find me a scan where it says Storm was an actual goddess and not a woman who was actually a mutant before Coates and I will take this back. People will point to her doing great feats such as Trion or RogueStorm but those were done with the understanding that she was nothing but a mutant.

Now these are some of the myths I have come across thus far but what is very clear and TRUE and DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE, is that STORM IS A GODDESS!!!!! This is a great day to be a Storm fan!!!!

Thank you Ta-Nehisi Coates for making this a reality.
    Aaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahaha!!!!! I swear, you make my CBR experience such a joyous event!!! Dispel these falsehoods back to the darkness from whence they came! My soul cannot take bear this tidal wave of truth, logic and honesty! I live! I LIVE!!!

BANNED

I want to thank Exoduscloak.... you are the MVP today... because you helped to dispel a big myth... a huge one... so this part two to the myth buster series is gonna talk only to two points the latter being a deeper dive into one of the myths discussed yesterday. I hope you ready because I am:

MYTH #6
    Storm becoming a god through prayer is not external. Gods like thor dont need prayer for their power.

WRONG. Actually in Thor Chaos War not only is prayer/faith crucial to the power of a god but for Thor (asgardian gods) this faith could be difference between life and death:

MYTH #3b
    Storm only harmed adversary she didnt beat him it was Zawavari
    Wrong.

for you to perpetuate this untruth you would have to completely ignore what tchalla said about storm possessing the power alone to beat adversary. but let's ignore all of that. we are going to do an examination of what adversary looked like throughout the battle with the heroes.

Attachment 64896
    this image shows adversary in his humanoid form that was first revealed in the previous issue. the portal opens behind him as created by the mystics but he isn't budging or being harmed in any way.

Attachment 64897
    tchalla hits adversary with vibranium which is metal, one of adversary's weaknesses. note in his face he begins to revert back to his demon form. tchalla notes this only causes him some distress as we can visually see. he eventually is able to reform and seems unphased by subsequent attacks.

Attachment 64898
    storm has shot him with her Godblast and as a result he has fully reverted back.to his demon form and pushed into the portal. in this particular panel he is dematerializing as a result of the sustain blast. after being confident he is defeated the mystics close the portal.

anyone who are making points that align to the myths are more than likely they were proven wrong because they argued storm wasn't a God, which was established last year. so dont be fooled, storms a goddess and faith in regards to her power is similar to that of other well known gods including thor.

shootout to bb, rut, jwatson for dispelling the lies in this thread.
    Yaaaaassssssssssss!!! I live still! I LIVE MORE!!! I'm CRYING!!! The sheer brilliance of this proof to make way for the truth... it's... it's astounding. I have been delivered from my state of unrest. The truth has set me free. My soul basking in the glory of BLUE, The most POWERFUL woman in comics, and the most BEAUTIFUL woman in comics, The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural Things, Weather Witch, Ororo Komo Wakandas, Windrider, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda and all her righteousness. Don't ever change, beloved. DON'T YOU CHANGE FOR ONE SECOND.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I like Coates' take on making Storm a goddess, it's her own power but amplified by faith and prayer. Essentially anyone could believe in Ororo and empower her.
    Giving her Stormcaster just feels like relying on a symbol from a white culture in order to be as strong as them.
    The whole "prayer power" thing just feels so...Pence/Tea Party...She shouldn't need Stormcaster PERIOD. Storm has always been one of the most skilled/talented/and powerful mutants in the MU. It's just another indication that Gugg doesn't know wtf he's doing and Gold should be cancelled.

I'm sorry what series
    Gold. The only good thing to come out of Gold is Storm using her powers with an "inhibitor collar" on. Because you can't/shouldn't be able to turn off mutant powers...anymore than in video games they should need to "build up" to be used.

I wouldn't want a stupid writer (take your pick!) to make her a Goddess and then "ascend" the mortal realm...essentially writing her out of the books. It's something stupid you can see them doing especially since she's probably the only Xman to never "disappear/die" for any extended period of time.

BANNED

what does that have to do with to do with the hadari nearly destroying him? none of that discounts she nearly destroyed him in the issue this past Wednesday
    Yes, exactly. Issue #172 goes on to reinforce what fans already correctly interpreted when issue #17 dropped. Storm was made a Goddess by faith. Her birthright was unlocked in the pages of BP. This is her power from within. Storm has royalty and goddesstry inside her DNA. Cocaine quarter-piece, got war and peace inside her DNA.
    She didn't destroy him or come close to, that's the fact Jack.
    The language of the issue would suggest otherwise.
    exactly as I thought absolutely nothing
    Pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Hadhari: (Arabic الإسلام الحضاري) or "Civilizational Islam" is a theory of government based on the principles of Islam as derived from the Qur'an.
    Coates' Storm is a redefining of HER narrative. As our friend Beetle, so astutely pointed out, HADARI YAO is an unapologetic confirmation of her status as an AFRICAN deity by birthright. Her family heritage is ALL she ever needed. Not a hammer tied to an Aryan pantheon, further whitewashing her story AND making her a female derivative of an already established male. #Saveit #Missme #NotonCoateswatch #GetReal #AfricanGoddess #Brightlady #HadariYao #QueenofProphecy #TheAllGoddesswhoPresevestheBalanceofallNaturalthi ngs
    Your post is absolutely nothing because it never happened.
    What were you reading?
    very glad to see you were proven wrong about the faith and her being a god btw.... gotta love 616.
    I'm over here hollering!
    You mean like how you were proven wrong that she nearly destroyed something she can't.

Faith was what gave her her power. That's also a fact.
    We know faith gave her a glimpse into what has now been confirmed as her BIRTHRIGHT. It is the undeniable truth. She is the one true Hadari Yao. And the language of the issue clearly suggests that she is the ultimate power. From the start, BP knew exactly WHAT and WHO he was up against. He knew exactly what he needed to combat this problem and snuff it out COMPLETELY. He just wanted to pick the right way to approach Storm for her to handle it. But he always knew that she was going to be the ultimate power. He was banking on Storm being the BIGGER GOD to lay the smack down. He wanted to be more subtle in his approach because he didn't want her just for her power. He is madly in love with her. He wants her just because. Her ridiculously high power levels are just an added bonus.

"how does a king defeat a god? with a bigger god"
    "only you... are powerful enough to stop him"

just stop...you head canon doesn't align to 616.

just like thor how does it feel that thor just like storm requires faith, well in thor case a prayer, to tap into his god powers???? he also needs that prayer to exist, to avert extinction.... damn that is deep... does it sting a little knowing everything you tried to use to make this feat less impressive is the same thing that makes thor who he is?? the irony is delicious.
    School 'em! Schoooool-luh! Theeemmmm-muh!
    I could post a ton of links and pictures that show no humans existing and Thor still existing and fighting the eternal. Yet she never nearly destroyed him and still required prayer to be a goddess. How's that part time Goddess thing working for you?
    And they'd still be of no importance. Sorry.
    and your efforts would be futile as thor #2 chaos wars show that his power is dependent on a prayer. and not only that but his entire existence.. how is that for irony?? thor needs prayer to exist who would have thought. and nearly destroying adversary very good for a part time goddess I would say.
    Get it. Got it. Good.
    Yes! I'm TF here for it, yes!

Oh thee Nay sayers.saying that it would be to hard for a writer to write her is she was a GODDESS or too POWERFUL.this sounds so ridiculious.if a writer is a good writer he should be able to write any character no matter how powerful they are.and if your excuse is about them always saving the day.then make a nemesis even more powerful.MARVEL has a ray of extremely powerful characters who people write stories for with no problem at all.CAPTAIN MARVEL.SPECTRUM.POLARIS.FIRSTAR.PHOENIX.The SCARLET WITCH.ROGUE.BLUE MARVEL.The HULK=Bruce.MAGNETO.SILVER SURFER.THOR=Odinson.PROFESSOR X.DR STRANGE.just to name a few.so if a writer can't think of stories to write because a character is a GOD/GODDESS or too POWERFUL.then maybe they need to find another line of work.take a look at DC'S WONDER WOMAN.she started out as a AMAZON PRINCESS blessed by the greek gods with extra power.now she's a DEMI-GODDESSS with GODLIKE power and writers are still able to write her in their own style.so basically it's up to the imagination of the writer weather they can do the job or not.with that being said.i voted yes for ORORO MUNROE AKA STORM=THE GODDESS OF THUNDER and LIGHTNING.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Oh thee Nay sayers.saying that it would be to hard for a writer to write her is she was a GODDESS or too POWERFUL.this sounds so ridiculious.if a writer is a good writer he should be able to write any character no matter how powerful they are.and if your excuse is about them always saving the day.then make a nemesis even more powerful.MARVEL has a ray of extremely powerful characters who people write stories for with no problem at all.CAPTAIN MARVEL.SPECTRUM.POLARIS.FIRSTAR.PHOENIX.The SCARLET WITCH.ROGUE.BLUE MARVEL.The HULK=Bruce.MAGNETO.SILVER SURFER.THOR=Odinson.PROFESSOR X.DR STRANGE.just to name a few.so if a writer can't think of stories to write because a character is a GOD/GODDESS or too POWERFUL.then maybe they need to find another line of work.take a look at DC'S WONDER WOMAN.she started out as a AMAZON PRINCESS blessed by the greek gods with extra power.now she's a DEMI-GODDESSS with GODLIKE power and writers are still able to write her in their own style.so basically it's up to the imagination of the writer weather they can do the job or not.with that being said.i voted yes for ORORO MUNROE AKA STORM=THE GODDESS OF THUNDER and LIGHTNING.
    I AM LIVING AT ALL THIS VALIDATION THAT COATES HAS BROUGHT SINCE ISSUE #13. He brought her on at the start of the second year. And he finished with her as the end all be all that Dave Cockrum intended for her to be. LAWDHAMERCY, my soul is overjoyed. I could die a happy fan after this. Some of BP's hardcore fans jokingly call year 2 of Black Panther the first year of the Storm solo. And they're not wrong. Lmfao! Coates is so sneaky and SOOOO shady! The line about her HERITAGE BEING GREATER THAN ANY MUTATION, that was fucking shade because of the SHEER TRUTH OF IT. Storm has been put on a pedestal to prop her up above the other blacks, but it was also a way to isolate her from anyone that looks like her. Quite literally Coates just gave that one line that said her familial ties and the ties to that COMMUNITY of people that LOOK like her is GREATER THAN ANY MUTATION. And that's something to be celebrated NOT glossed over. This man is has been a godsend to the Storm mythos. His haters be damned. #BlackExcellence His take on Storm will be talked about for years to come. That isn't even up for debate.