View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    its bad and good at the same time for me.

Bad - I don't know much about her. all I know she is a mutant who is in love with BP and is called a Goddess but she is not an actual deity and now she is a deity, add the fact that she will be inconsistent about her status (you know, too many writers)

Good - at least its something new and they can do more with her, feature in let's say Thor comics etc
    This does make sense. I tend to agree if they are going this route then Storm has to leave the X-Men. Also, it really doesn't matter if the X-Writers incorporate this honestly.(That's just me)

Bad - I don't know much about her. all I know she is a mutant who is in love with BP and is called a Goddess but she is not an actual deity and now she is a deity, add the fact that she will be inconsistent about her status (you know, too many writers)

Good - at least its something new and they can do more with her, feature in let's say Thor comics etc
    I agree. I don't see writers handling it well, assuming they don't ignore it outright.

I don't think she has to leave the X-Men for it to work. But none of this weak ass Stormbot nonsense would work for a genuine Goddess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

i think this new ability will totally open the doors to where she can be featured. But yea different writers especially on the xside I think has been her biggest issue and this is without having any new powers. but I agree with your points.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well that is essentially what has happened to storm for the longest within the current books of xmen. I mean she literally shoots lightning at everything without the slightest thought about whether using it would be the most effective.

if characters like thor and hulk can thrive in team settings in sure storm could given the right team and writer.
    In no expert on Thor and Hulk, but they basically just hit things. Well, Thor flies, too. Yeah, they can do a few feats, but nowhere near what Storm can do.

BANNED

Prior to her joining the X-Men, her tribal followers in Africa thought she was a goddess because they didn't know better out of superstition. Then Xavier told her she was a mutant and she was like, "Oh, well then, that makes more sense actually."

I thought she was already a goddess in addition to being a mutant. Surprised it took this long but I doubt Guggenheim or Bunn would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    In no expert on Thor and Hulk, but they basically just hit things. Well, Thor flies, too. Yeah, they can do a few feats, but nowhere near what Storm can do.
    though i agree with you, u may want to use caution just in case some thor/hulk fans wander into here. they will be ready to charge you with treason with you saying stuff like they are unable to do what she does lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I thought she was already a goddess in addition to being a mutant. Surprised it took this long but I doubt Guggenheim or Bunn would care.
    well she was worshipped as one but Xavier came and told her she was living a lie and was actually just a mutant. so she was never a true goddess. I am actually excited that after all this time it has finally been confirmed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-22-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    though i agree with you, u may want to use caution just in case some thor/hulk fans wander into here. they will be ready to charge you with treason with you saying stuff like they are unable to do what she does lol.
    *shrug* Most groups of fans are like that, these days. I don't really get why everyone wants their favourite character to be overpowered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I think Bunn would care, it's that JERK in the bold who can't write a Team Book. He's already Shitted on Storm once and he's doing it again so I'm not surprised if he didn't care.

*shrug* Most groups of fans are like that, these days. I don't really get why everyone wants their favourite character to be overpowered.
    My SuperHero is more powerful and better than yours. That's basically what it comes down to.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-02-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    My SuperHero is more powerful and better than yours. That's basically what it comes down to.
    in my case (my avatar), my superhero is weaker than everyone.

yea everyone wants their fave to be the best. it comes with territory.
    in regards to storm i don't necessarily want her overpowered but she has done so much on panel yet doesn't seem to get the recognition that others due such as magneto for instances. additionally there has been talk of potential this and that but no actual exploration of that potential. so I an really happy that Coates is now doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think Bunn would care, it's that JERK in the bold who can't write a Team Book. He's already Shitted on Storm once and he's doing it again so I'm not surprised if he didn't care.

quoted for truth!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:39 AM.

not true. he is one of the strongest and has been for quite awhile

from a story standpoint, that would be terrible. overpowered people are annoying. it cheapens the story. if you need proof look at secret empire. also, i feel that being a goddess could also be cause for her to be wiped off the board in fights because she's too powerful and it's unfair. this used to happen to Xavier

BANNED

I Don't understand this comment are you saying GodThor is weak?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-02-2017 at 02:49 PM.