View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I Don't understand this comment are you saying GodThor is weak?
    I'm mostly disappointed in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not true. he is one of the strongest and has been for quite awhile
    he is worthless piece of shit who got held by Frost Giants while Malekith cut off his arm, lost his hammer, couldn't beat unserious Jane.

he also killed innocents.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    from a story standpoint, that would be terrible. overpowered people are annoying. it cheapens the story. if you need proof look at secret empire. also, i feel that being a goddess could also be cause for her to be wiped off the board in fights because she's too powerful and it's unfair. this used to happen to Xavier
    i would agree if she were to remain a xman it would be hard to write her as a goddess, but it's honestly been too hard for the xwriters to write her now as a mutant with her base level power. I think she has outgrown the xmen and maybe this would lead into something that allows her to expand her presence in the overall MU.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

he is worthless piece of shit who got held by Frost Giants while Malekith cut off his arm, lost his hammer, couldn't beat unserious Jane.

whoa wait you are being serious. even with all of that he is still one of the strongest characters in the mu. I'm sure at some point he will wield mjolnir again.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:42 AM.

My SuperHero is more powerful and better than yours. That's basically what it comes down to.
    yea everyone wants their fave to be the best. it becomes with territory.
    in regards to storm i don't necessarily want her overpowered but she has done so much on panel yet doesn't seem to get the recognition that others due such as magneto for instances. additionally there has been talk of potential this and that but no actual exploration of that potential. so I an really happy that Coates is now doing just that.
    I guess I just prefer it when characters win through clever use of limited powers, than just a sudden new ability or power up. Like I said before, too many power ups make characters unusable in team books. They end up jobbing to the bad guys to make it seem like there's a worthy conflict. Or they either don't get used, or get used to the point of ignoring other characters.

If it didn't happen in an x-book, then it didn't happen.

BANNED

Nah. GodThor is STILL powerful even without his hammer. The reason they have been shitting on Odinson is because they want to ride the Hype of Jane UNTIL she dies. Make no mistake Odinson is still OP he just lacks a few of his hax abilities he could do with his hammer that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I guess I just prefer it when characters win through clever use of limited powers, than just a sudden new ability or power up. Like I said before, too many power ups make characters unusable in team books. They end up jobbing to the bad guys to make it seem like there's a worthy conflict. Or they either don't get used, or get used to the point of ignoring other characters.
    history would definitely support what you are saying. just have to hope it doesn't happen to stormm

The X-Mythos only has room for one goddess, and her name is Phoenix.

Ororo was already living the dream before Xavier even came to get her to save the old team. She was using her gifts to help the people around her and they loved her for it. It doesn't matter what you call it, mutant or goddess. She had power and she shared her power freely.

The X-Mythos has been adrift, rudderless, for a long time now. I am of the mind that it is largely a result of the film license situation with Fox, and that Marvel just doesn't want to tell innovative stories with this property anymore. Furthermore, Fox, owned by the Murdochs, likely has no interest in telling stories about benevolent African goddesses.

It's nice to see Storm get some shine in BP under Coates, but I won't be holding my breath to see this development(or rather, return to her original state) take root and be carried over into the future in other titles with other writers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    If it didn't happen in an x-book, then it didn't happen.
    that absolutely makes no sense. a lot of what is happening with rogue in uncanny avengers didn't happen in the xbooks but it very much still happened. if it 616 then it's canon. being with the xbooks doesn't make it so.

whoa wait you are being serious. even with all of that he is still one of the strongest characters in the mu. I'm sure at some points will wield mjolnir again.
    honestly, I don't care.

I'm living in the past when he was the real Thor.

Nah. GodThor is STILL powerful even without his hammer. The reason they have been shitting on Odinson is because they want to ride the Hype of Jane UNTIL she dies. Make no mistake Odinson is still OP he just lacks a few of his hax abilities he could do with his hammer that's all.
    still ruined permanently for me.

but let's not discuss that piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The X-Mythos only has room for one goddess, and her name is Phoenix.

Ororo was already living the dream before Xavier even came to get her to save the old team. She was using her gifts to help the people around her and they loved her for it. It doesn't matter what you call it, mutant or goddess. She had power and she shared her power freely.

The X-Mythos has been adrift, rudderless, for a long time now. I am of the mind that it is largely a result of the film license situation with Fox, and that Marvel just doesn't want to tell innovative stories with this property anymore. Furthermore, Fox, owned by the Murdochs, likely has no interest in telling stories about benevolent African goddesses.

It's nice to see Storm get some shine in BP under Coates, but I won't be holding my breath to see this development(or rather, return to her original state) take root and be carried over into the future in other titles with other writers.
    I'm going to remain hopeful that it goes beyond coates; however, this has been the most development (positive) she has had where she was pivotal to the story since the early 2000s.

Not really, if it were so in UA who has detained the celestial executor out strom and sentry, and it was Rogue and sentry.

Storm is powerful, but it already has a limit.

Of course it has limits, it out of the control of the winds and rain there is no more. Hahaha

honestly, I don't care.

I'm living in the past when he was the real Thor.

still ruined permanently for me.

but let's not discuss that piece of shit.
    i completely understand living in the past. marvel I don't think made the best decision by messing with the originals and replacing with alternates.

But if Thor and Hulk are more powerful than Strom ...

From hehco every time Storm has faced Thor, ends up ridiculously humiliated ororo