View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

I'll be honest... I don't really care. What I mean is I don't care when writers complicate a simple concept. Like Nightcrawler when he teleports and it's said he goes through a hell dimension or somethin' while teleporting. Or Wolverine having to defeat the angel of death whenever he dies and was the reason he comes back from fatal injuries. Why can't Storm simply be a mutant(a powerful one) who simply control the elements? Not saying I'm against the idea of her being an actual goddess because it just won't change the way I feel about the character either way. I care more about her being put in interesting stories as some of my favorite moments of hers came when she was powerless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'll be honest... I don't really care. What I mean is I don't care when writers complicate a simple concept. Like Nightcrawler when he teleports and it's said he goes through a hell dimension or somethin' while teleporting. Or Wolverine having to defeat the angel of death whenever he dies and was the reason he comes back from fatal injuries. Why can't Storm simply be a mutant(a powerful one) who simply control the elements? Not saying I'm against the idea of her being an actual goddess because it just won't change the way I feel about the character either way. I care more about her being put in interesting stories as some of my favorite moments of hers came when she was powerless.
    My interpretation of all of this does not diminish her ties to the mutant community. I'm of the mindset that she is still technically a ridiculously powerful mutant by her FATHER'S GENETIC MAKEUP. He would carry the mutant gene and her mother's DNA is what carries the ability to manipulate the weather and harness or use magic. Her parents union is what spark the profecy of the one true Hadari Yao. Her father's mutant gene served to greatly enhance her mother magical/earth mother/weather witch genes. All of that would lead to Storm being the most powerful weather to ever be born from her maternal line and the Hadari Yao of legend. That's my take on it. I'm hoping Coates runs with that in her solo.

BANNED

Now that Ororo has been deemed a goddess what need is there for the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, or even the X-Men themselves? Moreover, if millions of people start worshiping (praying to) an average baseline human -- will said human also become a god/goddess?
    Last edited by BlackSirKnight; 04-20-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Now that Ororo has been deemed a goddess what need is there for the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, or even the X-Men themselves? Moreover, if millions of people start worshiping (praying to) an average baseline human -- will said human also become a god/goddess?
    I don't understand your first question. Thor is a god too yet doesn't pose a problem, so why would it be different for Storm?

I personally am not a fan of Storm being a deity, but her being one doesn't negatively affect other characters at all.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But he does have his hammer. He also has default asgardian strength. So i guess the true question is how much of thors hammer allowed him power and how much of his own natural abilities he needed. Also just because no one around you doesnt have faith in you doesnt mean no one anywhere does. It says people must have faith in the gods not that they have to be in a 1000 mile radius to receive it. Perhaps this scan would be a better example if thor didnt have an all powerful weapon like mjonir with him.
    There is no one there to sustain that faith, and all the sky fathers repeat over and over that they made man.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-20-2018 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    1. LOL that is funny

2. Yeah, I like Storm when she has no powers, because she reminds me of Wonder Woman. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    There is no one there to sustain that faith, and all the sky fathers repeat over and over that they made man.
    Jane isn't a god but she could do everything Thor could do when she held mjnoir. So it doesn't matter who had faith in thor or not because he had his hammer. So in that respect anyone who could wield it could do what Thor did in that panel you provided.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Jane isn't a god but she could do everything Thor could do when she held mjnoir. So it doesn't matter who had faith in thor or not because he had his hammer. So in that respect anyone who could wield it could do what Thor did in that panel you provided.
    Because she accepted herself as a Goddess. She was worthy by her own faith and that killed her.

BANNED

The gods existed before man was created. They don't need faith to exist.

BANNED

The "praying to make her stronger" makes me think of Tinker Bell more than a god

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The "praying to make her stronger" makes me think of Tinker Bell more than a god
    I agree, that's why she's a part time goddess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    No, they shouldn't. Storm inherited this potential from her ancestors:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ai-mGTh1K...600/RCO019.jpg

So, clearly, this is not possible for everybody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    No, they shouldn't. Storm inherited this potential from her ancestors:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ai-mGTh1K...600/RCO019.jpg

So, clearly, this is not possible for everybody.
    Tell the damn truth!

BANNED

Hammers, magic, and nanites, oh, my...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I agree, that's why she's a part time goddess.
    No, she's not. Their faith unlocked goddess potential. She was born with that power. It's was not given to a mere mortal. The children that she and T'Challa are destined to have will be demigods.