View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Well, when Ororo does layout the thunder god -- please be sure to let us know...
    what r your thoughts about this new announcement of being divine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Well, when Ororo does layout the thunder god -- please be sure to let us know...
    Please, Thor does not have the fine-tune control over the elements Ororo has. He cannot control the elements inside of people's bodies like Ororo can. Also, unlike Storm, he is not immune to lightning. There is nothing stopping Storm from taking control of the electrical impulses in Thor's nervous system and cascading them to take him out instantly like she did to Sinister. Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. Not gonna get any further into this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    If it didn't happen in an x-book, then it didn't happen.
    Listen to you. Storm got married outside of the X-books. Her marriage even got annulled outside of the X-books. Get a yourself a clue. And when you do, hold on with both hands. Never let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The X-Mythos only has room for one goddess, and her name is Phoenix.

Ororo was already living the dream before Xavier even came to get her to save the old team. She was using her gifts to help the people around her and they loved her for it. It doesn't matter what you call it, mutant or goddess. She had power and she shared her power freely.

The X-Mythos has been adrift, rudderless, for a long time now. I am of the mind that it is largely a result of the film license situation with Fox, and that Marvel just doesn't want to tell innovative stories with this property anymore. Furthermore, Fox, owned by the Murdochs, likely has no interest in telling stories about benevolent African goddesses.

It's nice to see Storm get some shine in BP under Coates, but I won't be holding my breath to see this development(or rather, return to her original state) take root and be carried over into the future in other titles with other writers.
    If I'm being honest with myself, I know they X-office is gonna ignore this. Lol they had Storm locking lips with. Gambit while Coates was building this very story. Lol what a bunch of asswipes. But the Storm fans remember BP #17. We will never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Prior to her joining the X-Men, her tribal followers in Africa thought she was a goddess because they didn't know better out of superstition. Then Xavier told her she was a mutant and she was like, "Oh, well then, that makes more sense actually."
    That was one interpretation. Coates essentially gave that part of Storm's past greater context. Get with it or don't. It makes no matter in the grand scheme of things. Hadari Yao is the Bright Lady!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    from a story standpoint, that would be terrible. overpowered people are annoying. it cheapens the story. if you need proof look at secret empire. also, i feel that being a goddess could also be cause for her to be wiped off the board in fights because she's too powerful and it's unfair. this used to happen to Xavier
    The irony is she's already being written as too powerful to have on the board. That's been the excuse for years. Coates is just making use of all the X-lore at his disposal, at least as far as it relates to Storm. People can get pissy about his take on Storm, but it's canon now. Her fans won't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Listen to you. Storm got married outside of the X-books. Her marriage even got annulled outside of the X-books. Get a yourself a clue. And when you do, hold on with both hands. Never let it go.

If I'm being honest with myself, I know they X-office is gonna ignore this. Lol they had Storm locking lips with. Gambit while Coates was building this very story. Lol what a bunch of asswipes. But the Storm fans remember BP #17. We will never forget.

That was one interpretation. Coates essentially gave that part of Storm's past greater context. Get with it or don't. It makes no matter in the grand scheme of things. Hadari Yao is the Bright Lady!

The irony is she's already being written as too powerful to have on the board. That's been the excuse for years. Coates is just making use of all the X-lore at his disposal, at least as far as it relates to Storm. People can get pissy about his take on Storm, but it's canon now. Her fans won't forget it.
    I'm living for ur reads lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The X-Mythos only has room for one goddess, and her name is Phoenix.

Ororo was already living the dream before Xavier even came to get her to save the old team. She was using her gifts to help the people around her and they loved her for it. It doesn't matter what you call it, mutant or goddess. She had power and she shared her power freely.

The X-Mythos has been adrift, rudderless, for a long time now. I am of the mind that it is largely a result of the film license situation with Fox, and that Marvel just doesn't want to tell innovative stories with this property anymore. Furthermore, Fox, owned by the Murdochs, likely has no interest in telling stories about benevolent African goddesses.

It's nice to see Storm get some shine in BP under Coates, but I won't be holding my breath to see this development(or rather, return to her original state) take root and be carried over into the future in other titles with other writers.
    I had to quote this again. Can we just analyze the fact that Storm was already living Xavier's dream before he recruited her? Like seriously, I'm of a mind to think it's possible he stole the whole idea of "protecting a world that hates and fears them" from our Queen. ****, we all know Charles can be shady asf. Add in the fact that he manipulatedid her into coming with him under false pretenses. He flat out lied to her, if BP #17 is to be taken seriously. (Which I do)
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    In the recent issue of BP #17, Storm was finally announced to be a divine being by demonstrating the ability to wield divine power. It was hinted at years ago by Claremont and now Coates made it fully realized. My question is what would you like to see her do with power and are you happy that she is an actual goddess ? What limitations if any should be applied to this new power?

Oh, you know it was cause for celebration. I'm so glad you made this thread. Would it be too much to ask that it be stickied? Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, because I doubt anyone will start writing her as goddess from now on, specially when that was randomly revealed on a Black Panther issue instead of X-Men, so it will just make continuity more messy.
    It wasn't randomly revealed. You could say I was randomly confirmed without the shadow of a doubt. But Claremont's the only "random revealer" in this scenario. Facts!
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed with anyone else writing her as such especially the current xwriters. however I don't think it was random not would it make it messy because Claremont did hint at this years ago:

and if the xmen side were to do it, I think they would have done so in her solo. I think the current writer of BP really likes her character and shows a great interest in her. the xside just doesn't care to explore anything with her it would appear.
    Hello?! There's a reason why I keep saying the things that went down in BP #17 are fully backed by canon. Not just any canon, either. Claremont canon! Nods to the work he's done were laid all throughout this particular arc of BLACK PANTHER. People are either gonna get with or not. No sweat off Storm's back. She's not giving up these upgrades tho. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    No. Storms one of those characters who believes a little too much in her own hype. She will probably go on for a little bit being more super but then she will realize that she is only human and go back to being, still powerful, regular Storm.
    Not as of BP #17. You're currently referencing a character that doesn't exist. Please get with the times. Kyss is updating you guys, please take note.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Not really, if it were so in UA who has detained the celestial executor out strom and sentry, and it was Rogue and sentry.

Storm is powerful, but it already has a limit.
    Of course it has limits, it out of the control of the winds and rain there is no more. Hahaha
    But if Thor and Hulk are more powerful than Strom ...

From hehco every time Storm has faced Thor, ends up ridiculously humiliated ororo
    But she is not a deity, she only has delusions of being one.

The storm is not going to go beyond what the wind and rain can, without going too far, she can not hurt someone with levels of super strength and decent invulnerability because they do not have that in their arsenal.

And a power goes with Thor ???? which is measured with celestials?, I do not think so.
    Storm has never been able to with Thor, thank you.
    She has a harmony with the wind and the rain, which is a goddess and is delirium of her, she is only a mutant.

Her divinity is not supported by any side, except that she believes to be a deity, hehco strom is very easy to assassinate, a deity would not be.
    Oh, dear heart, you're making a bunch of noise but you aren't saying much. If you aren't gonna be real with us, the least you could do is be real with yourself. Now you take some time and collect your thoughts and come back to earth. As of Wednesday, 8/30/2017, Everything you know about Storm (very little to be exact) has changed. Again, this thread was created to update you guys. Just because you don't like the update doesn't change the fact that it hit the app store. Continue to play the game in its updated form, or drop it all together. But don't come here with your gripes about it. It won't change a thing.

She's a capable leader, a commanding personality, a good fighter, and a mutant who controls the weather. What more do you want?! She's perfectly fine as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She's a capable leader, a commanding personality, a good fighter, and a mutant who controls the weather. What more do you want?! She's perfectly fine as is.
    Yes. She's perfectly fine as she is written under Coates. On that we absolutely agree.

Well there is a definite feature of being a god in the MU it's drawing strength from faith. But there is also a weakness. If everyone stops believing in you, you die.

Oh, dear heart, you're making a bunch of noise but you aren't saying much. If you aren't gonna be real with us, the least you could do is be real with yourself. Now you take some time and collect your thoughts and come back to earth. As of Wednesday, 8/30/2017, Everything you know about Storm (very little to be exact) has changed. Again, this thread was created to update you guys. Just because you don't like the update doesn't change the fact that it hit the app store. Continue to play the game in its updated form, or drop it all together. But don't come here with your gripes about it. It won't change a thing.
    I had to quote this again. Can we just analyze the fact that Storm was already living Xavier's dream before he recruited her? Like seriously, I'm of a mind to think it's possible he stole the whole idea of "protecting a world that hates and fears them" from our Queen. ****, we all know Charles can be shady asf. Add in the fact that he manipulatedid her into coming with him under false pretenses. He flat out lied to her, if BP #17 is to be taken seriously. (Which I do)

Oh, you know it was cause for celebration. I'm so glad you made this thread. Would it be too much to ask that it be stickied? Lmao

It wasn't randomly revealed. You could say I was randomly confirmed without the shadow of a doubt. But Claremont's the only "random revealer" in this scenario. Facts!

Hello?! There's a reason why I keep saying the things that went down in BP #17 are fully backed by canon. Not just any canon, either. Claremont canon! Nods to the work he's done were laid all throughout this particular arc of BLACK PANTHER. People are either gonna get with or not. No sweat off Storm's back. She's not giving up these upgrades tho. Cheers!

Not as of BP #17. You're currently referencing a character that doesn't exist. Please get with the times. Kyss is updating you guys, please take note.
    thank you for fact checking. as long as she is shooting lightning everything is fine but when she is appropriately given an upgrade backed up by canon people want to cry foul. thank you Coates for fully realising her potential and exploring it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

It's a bad idea. She can't be both a mutant and a goddess. And it will eventually lead to bad story plots.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well there is a definite feature of being a god in the MU it's drawing strength from faith. But there is also a weakness. If everyone stops believing in you, you die.
    she will just revert back to lightning lass.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    but how she is now totally aligns to her background. she isn't just a weather manipulator and she has hinted at being potential omega with the ability to ascend beyond this plane into godship. it's all 616 canon.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-10-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's a bad idea. She can't be both a mutant and a goddess. And it will eventually lead to bad story plots.
    It's not just her. There are other beings some how usng the power of Faith to boost their power.

The difference between a god and a mutant is their soul has x1000 the power. Power level wise...well the dark Avengers and h.a.m.m.e.r. broke Asgard
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-02-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    why can't she be? this a comic anything is possible. u have demi gods walking around. half human half gods . wats there that says she can't be when canon supports it?

Nothing to help her superiority complex.

And for all that Thor vs Storm talk, we still haven't seen how Storm beat Thor ?

This buff is good for her I guess, I just wish she would have the feats to back it up.
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-02-2017 at 06:53 PM.