View Poll Results: Should storm be a real goddess?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Finally!!! It's about time.

27 18.37%
  • No, she is already powerful enough with her current mutant abilities.

91 61.90%
  • I'm not sure or indifferent.

29 19.73%
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why can't she be? this a comic anything is possible. u have demi gods walking around. half human half gods . wats there that says she can't be when canon supports it?
    Selene explained the difference in Necrosha. She is a goddess now and inherits weaknesses too like warpaths mud and ancestors Weapon. And Gor and god eaters and that dude from chaos wars and skrull pantheon

Mojo also uses Faith to derive his power but faith derived from tv ratings.

And the Greek pantheon from product placement

And there were new God's that showed up in the last Hercules mini like catastrophe and sarcasm or something
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-02-2017 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

what r your thoughts about this new announcement of being divine?
    Words nothing more... I'm not convinced Ororo suddenly acquired godhood -- divine or not.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-02-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Words nothing more... I'm not convinced Ororo suddenly acquired godhood -- divine or not.
    She did it's on the last few pages and they discuss the thought of other people acquiring it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She did it's on the last few pages and they discuss the thought of other people acquiring it.
    Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I can read between lines.

I like it and I don't care if it was revealed in BP. The X-writers have a problem developing more than one character at a time, so I'm fine with x-characters getting developments outside of their respective books.

Whoever has the best story, or even a story to tell, should be allowed to tell it (within reason, situations like OMLs are the extreme and an exception). This is a shared universe, writers should be more aware and acknowledge each others continuity.

As for it making her too powerful... eh, we don't know what this really does to her powers. All that it did was allow Storm to break a gods spell/curse and affect magical weather. Nothing else beyond the implication that the more people believe her to be a goddess, the more powerful she becomes but that won't be a problem if she doesn't have a large amount of people worshiping her and she's running around as mainly a X-character.

The way I view it's a nice little tidbit that future writers can play with if they want to. Not any real drastic change to her at all.

BANNED

Well there is a definite feature of being a god in the MU it's drawing strength from faith. But there is also a weakness. If everyone stops believing in you, you die.
    Keeping up with canon, as per issue #13 of BP, Storm "only requires the worship of one man." Translation: as long as her man has her back, everyone else can kick vibranium mounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's a bad idea. She can't be both a mutant and a goddess. And it will eventually lead to bad story plots.
    Says you. Good thing our great scribe, Mr. Coates is at the helm. You can either sit back for the ride, or jump off. This vehicle is in motion tho. Best of luck in your decision making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Nothing to help her superiority complex.

And for all that Thor vs Storm talk, we still haven't seen how Storm beat Thor ?

This buff is good for her I guess, I just wish she would have the feats to back it up.
    The issue just dropped. She had few great feats this issue as well. Besides he ascension, she a crazy ass speedblitz! She cracked major skulls this issue, yours included. Clearly you haven't read the issue. We'll get you some scans.
    Dont worry, someone will repost the final page for you. This is canon. Pull your wedgie out and relax. It'll be ok.
    Hello?! Tell ZNOP again, because clearly dear heart missed the memo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Well, another reason to call her overrated. It should also increase her superiority complex.

And for all that Thor vs Storm talk, we still haven't seen how Storm beat Thor ?

This buff is good for her I guess, I just wish she would have the feats to back it up.

no storm is underrated which is why some think the even idea of her being a goddess is silly. and she has many feats to back her goddesshood:

1. housed bast and eternity in her consciousness
    2. healed the trion dimension with her powers as well as defeated them
    3. fighting and defeating death to save tchalla life
    4. channeling the entirety of the galactic core energies in her being
    5. most recently using divine power to stop an unearthly storm created by an evil god.
    Selene explained the difference in Necrosha. She is a goddess now and inherits weaknesses too like warpaths mud and ancestors Weapon. And Gor and god eaters and that dude from chaos wars and skrull pantheon

Mojo also uses Faith to derive his power but faith derived from tv ratings.

And the Greek pantheon from product placement

And there were new God's that showed up in the last Hercules mini like catastrophe and sarcasm or something
    oh wow I never knew this. thanks for the background info. I think if anything what would be storms weakness would be her self imposed limits not wanting to lose the aspect of her that is human. I think the goddess thing can be explored when coupled with that.

Words nothing more... I'm not convinced Ororo suddenly acquired godhood just because the narrative contained the word "divine".
    no it was definitely more the words. if u read the issue she couldn't do anything to stop the unnatural storms due to the source being that of a god. it was only after the wakandans worshipped her that she became the bright lady and was able to use divine power to stop the tempest.

thank you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I like it and I don't care if it was revealed in BP. The X-writers have a problem developing more than one character at a time, so I'm fine with x-characters getting developments outside of their respective books.

Whoever has the best story, or even a story to tell, should be allowed to tell it (within reason, situations like OMLs are the extreme and an exception). This is a shared universe, writers should be more aware and acknowledge each others continuity.

As for it making her too powerful... eh, we don't know what this really does to her powers. All that it did was allow Storm to break a gods spell/curse and affect magical weather. Nothing else beyond the implication that the more people believe her to be a goddess, the more powerful she becomes but that won't be a problem if she doesn't have a large amount of people worshiping her and she's running around as mainly a X-character.

The way I view it's a nice little tidbit that future writers can play with if they want to. Not any real drastic change to her at all.
    I can actually get with this. One thing I'd like to add, the issue was ambiguous as to whether her goddesshood was attained through the belief of the Alkamites or if her belief in herself was the true catalyst. That was also renewed this issue. Let's think about that.

BANNED

Ororo was worshiped by her people well before Xavier came to Africa so what's changed?

BANNED

Ororo was worshiped by her people well before Xavier came to Africa so what's changed?
    We know Xavier is an even bigger liar than we thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

agreed with this.

Xavier telling her she was living a life being worshipped as a goddess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    We know Xavier is an even bigger liar than we thought he was.
    agreed with this.

Xavier telling her she was living a life being worshipped as a goddess.

What does Xavier have to do with Ororo's people worshipping her before he even met her? Are you saying they didn't?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-02-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I can actually get with this. One thing I'd like to add, the issue was ambiguous as to whether her goddesshood was attained through the belief of the Alkamites or if her belief in herself was the true catalyst. That was also renewed this issue. Let's think about that.
    exactly I don't think people understand with the xmen she was told she was just a mutant, and when she led in the latter years everyone seem to doubt her and her abilities which led to her doubting herself. this issue, the wakandans, tchalla,renewed her faith in her abilities and allowed her to achieve something she hasn't yet to do which was obtain the ability to become the divine, both in name and power.

What does Xavier have to do with Ororo's people worshipping her?
    Xavier stripped her of this world. though she was only creating rain for the villagers who's to say what she could have achieved had she not left. perhaps they would have prayed to her to heal them of sickness, protect them from alien forces wishes to destroy Kenya. ororo would never know because as she was embracing this world Xavier came and told her she was silly for doing so:

Im pretty sure a goddesss can make decisions for herself.