Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Default Nightwatch might get a movie with Spike Lee

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...lee-directing/

Around this time last year, Bleeding Cool ran a story that Sony was looking at putting the Spider-Man character Nightwatch in their Spider-Verse movies. This was based on reports of Sony employees buying copies of the comic from a certain comic book store of our acquaintance. The time seemed right for Spider-Man: Homecoming, so we asked if Nightwatch would be a character appearing in the movie.

He didn’t. But why were Sony employees buying so many copies of both the Nightwatch monthly series and his previous appearances in issues of Web Of Spider-Man?

On the Meet The Movie Press YouTube video 5 minutes in, regular contributor Jeff Sneider stated that Sony is developing a Nightwatch movie to be written by Edward Ricourt set in the Spider-Man Universe about Dr Kevin Trench, finding a costume on a the dead body on his future self that Spike Lee may direct. And this may be Sony’s “black superhero movie”, to sit alongside Warner’s Cyborg and Marvel’s Black Panther.
    Funny they would go with him when you got Prowler and even Rocket Racer around.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

99% of the comic reading population: "Who the hell is Nightwatch?"

Casual Audiences: "Well we have no chance then."

Amy Pascal: "Darn it! Rothman, start looking at the bottom of the barrel again! There's a Big Wheel and Frog Man epic in there somewhere!"

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They may be planning to make Aaron Davis Prowler in one of the Homecoming Sequels.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That is really aiming high with the director.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Even me that have been being reading comic books for years have forgotten about Nightwatch.
    A movie about Spider-Man 2099,Prowler,Kingpin,Cloak and Dagger,Rocket Racer,Frog Man,Cardiac to say just a few would be more interesting imo.
    Have not read many Nightwatch comics besides the Web of Spider-Man comics that have that character,but there are plenty of other characters that have a more interesting characterisation that Nightwatch.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I mean you can't dissapoint "real fans" with a character most don't care abou or never heard of.

Wasn't there a rumor about Nightwatch being in Homecoming? I seem to remember that being a thing .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    They may be planning to make Aaron Davis Prowler in one of the Homecoming Sequels.
    Poor Hobie .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor about Nightwatch being in Homecoming? I seem to remember that being a thing .

Poor Hobie .
    Do we care about Hobie?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we care about Hobie?
    Well, I do .

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we care about Hobie?
    The Spectacular show was a Hobie Renaissance (Hobiessance?) of sorts.

Anyway, I don't know much about Nightwatch or how/why he falls in the Spider-Universe. Interesting concept though. If all these spin-offs are reasonably budgeted, they could make decent profit. Unless they are trashy to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Spectacular show was a Hobie Renaissance (Hobiessance?) of sorts.
    That random one-joke character?

might as well totally remix the character since there's not that much to work with as far as canon. This will only be peripherally be connected to Spidey, so there's no crazy continuity to be caught up in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...lee-directing/

Sony really needs to put the brakes on. There is nothing to suggest they can't build a cinematic universe, but focus on making Venom and Black/Silver the best they can be first. This is pulling the cart before the horse. Nightwatch has a cool costume, but his origin story is more than a little complicated.

Out of the extended Spider-Man related characters, a film with Prowler should be top of the list. Heck, I'd watch a Cardiac film before Nightwatch. Rocket Racer as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would love a Prowler movie, especially if they had Black Fox in there as well (Sean Connery would have killed it in that role).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Sony really needs to put the brakes on. There is nothing to suggest they can't build a cinematic universe, but focus on making Venom and Black/Silver the best they can be first. This is pulling the cart before the horse. Nightwatch has a cool costume, but his origin story is more than a little complicated.

Out of the extended Spider-Man related characters, a film with Prowler should be top of the list. Heck, I'd watch a Cardiac film before Nightwatch. Rocket Racer as well.
    I'll be surprised of some of these movies even get made.

That said, just for the sake of the crazy unlikeness of it, I'd love to see a Nightwatch movie. Of all the characters out there, who'd have thunk that guy would get his own movie?!