Thread: Black bolt #5

BANNED

Default Black bolt #5

Well, whaddya know... According to Black Bolt #5 Lockjaw is actually a dog and not a true Inhuman after all.

Appreciate the Unseen cameo:

Series is legit.

BANNED

Everything is always better with Lockjaw around.

So goddamn, how incredible is this pair of panels:

19outside (2).jpg

Ahmed's narration and Ward's art are just brilliant here. That is some beautiful narration, and the art accentuates it.

This is one of the best comics Marvel's got right now. It is stunning. Very powerful. I didn't want to like this book. Because I've always hated Black Bolt as a character. But damn if Ahmed and Ward aren't forcing me to love this. They are doing amazing work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So goddamn, how incredible is this pair of panels:

19outside (2).jpg

Ahmed's narration and Ward's art are just brilliant here. That is some beautiful narration, and the art accentuates it.

This is one of the best comics Marvel's got right now. It is stunning. Very powerful. I didn't want to like this book. Because I've always hated Black Bolt as a character. But damn if Ahmed and Ward aren't forcing me to love this. They are doing amazing work.
    Quoted for truth.

In some ways it's the spiritual successor to Tom King's Vision as a deconstruction of a somewhat "mechanical hero".

It's actually one of the best comic books I've read in a long time. It's just brilliant.

The Inhumans hate has always been ridiculous. The characters are great and Marvel's forcing them on everyone shouldnt negate that. BB, Royals, and Prime are some of the best books going right now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Can't get to my lcs still because of Irma, how is buying Marvel digitally? I do it rarely but DC is smooth. I hate not supporting this comic.

BANNED

It really is a fantastic book. Best one on the shelves, IMO. I've always been a Black Bolt fan, but as someone who never cared for Absorbing Man, Ahmed made a fan out of me.

I have to pick this up now. Black Bolt is one of the best Marvel characters.