BANNED

Default Pick a team for a Lois Lane ongoing

Spinning out of my topic that spun out of another topic.

The romance comic topic headed towards the solo Lois Lane comic by its 2nd page, so I thought I'd make it its own thread.

Same stipulations as the other thread, comic takes place in current continuity the team has to deal with whatever the status quo is, and has to go along with whatever happens in the flagship books.

The creative team has to be people that either work for DC now, or worked for DC in the past and are on good terms with the publisher and aren't currently exclusive to another publisher.

Retired

Are Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott still on good terms with DC? If so, then I would buy their take on Lois Lane. I really liked what they did with Wonder Woman, so more of that please. I'd also like Rucka to tell two alternating stories, as he did with Diana--one in the present and one in the past, with some relationship between the two. We don't really know who this Lois Lane was before she married Superman, it would be nice to establish her character and background before she met Mr. Kent.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Are Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott still on good terms with DC? If so, then I would buy their take on Lois Lane. I really liked what they did with Wonder Woman, so more of that please. I'd also like Rucka to tell two alternating stories, as he did with Diana--one in the present and one in the past, with some relationship between the two. We don't really know who this Lois Lane was before she married Superman, it would be nice to establish her character and background before she met Mr. Kent.
    I would absolutely but this book!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well I'd hope that besides DP, Lois would hit newstime, lexcom, and metropolis SCU as well as bringing about other residents like Jose to the mix.

I'd like Kathryn Immonen to write based on Hellcat and the immaculate run on Journey Into Mystery. David Lafuente is a good regular collaborator, but her husband Stuart should have good chemistry and star power as well as supplementary writing skill due to his experience with Superman in the 90s.

As an alternate, Jason Latour has shown great ability at Marvel with Punisher (a short story), Winter Soldier, and Spider Gwen. While he's an artist on par with some of the sharper young guys out there, he hasn't drawn much for superheroes so I'd pair him with joelle jones.

The Allreds are worth a mention because Bug is like my favorite comic.

Writer: Gail Simone
    Artist: Nikola Scott

And while you are doing it try to get Greg Rucka atleast for an arc or two.

Having a LOIS LANE #1 solo ongoing monthly title in 2018 (her own 80th anniversary, btw) would be fantastic.

But only if it were successful. And not just "marginally successful", like her last forgettable one-shot was, but an unqualified hit.

That means stacking the deck in her title 's favor. That means securing the best talent available for a decent length of time and also having a follow - up plan for afterwards.

Who is the highest profile writer that would want this job?
    Who is a rising star among the artists out there that could draw a uniquely good Lois (that doesn't look like Diana from the neck up)?

Doesn't have to be an all - female talent combo. But also, it could be just that too.

I'd want 1st All-Star Talent team to run from LOIS LANE #1 through LOIS LANE #18 (then collected as 3 trades, followed by an omnibus), with the 2nd All- star talent team taking over from LOIS LANE #19 through LOIS LANE #36, same collection plan, and then so forth. All while being at least somewhat attached to what's going on in the other Superverse titles.

Pipe dream probably, but you never know.

Kathryn Immonen and Nicola Scott

Take my money!

I'd rather not Rucka or Simone. Both are always popular picks but the quality of both's work I think has declined a lot. Simone in particular is always the go to mention for anything female related but she hasn't done anything good since the pre-FP Secret Six run. There's better writers in DC's employ today. All in my opinion of course.

Artist-wise though I am on-board with an always popular pick in Nicola Scott. Love how her women look.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-08-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jeff Lemire writing, Howard Porter or Neil Vokes doing the art.

BANNED

No do a mister miracle with her . Give her a 12 issue maxi-series so that the creative can plan out everything. lois can have definitive run to her name with that.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Having a LOIS LANE #1 solo ongoing monthly title in 2018 (her own 80th anniversary, btw) would be fantastic.

But only if it were successful. And not just "marginally successful", like her last forgettable one-shot was, but an unqualified hit.

That means stacking the deck in her title 's favor. That means securing the best talent available for a decent length of time and also having a follow - up plan for afterwards.

Who is the highest profile writer that would want this job?
    Who is a rising star among the artists out there that could draw a uniquely good Lois (that doesn't look like Diana from the neck up)?

Doesn't have to be an all - female talent combo. But also, it could be just that too.

I'd want 1st All-Star Talent team to run from LOIS LANE #1 through LOIS LANE #18 (then collected as 3 trades, followed by an omnibus), with the 2nd All- star talent team taking over from LOIS LANE #19 through LOIS LANE #36, same collection plan, and then so forth. All while being at least somewhat attached to what's going on in the other Superverse titles.

Pipe dream probably, but you never know.
    Gerard Way and Joelle Jones

There you go.