Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I can understand wanting Themiscyra to have no men on it during the Amazon's ancient history and Diana's formative years. But are you guys really advocating for making it a rule of the DCU that nothing with a penis can EVER set foot on Themiscyra?

For one thing, that kinda falls apart if Steve Trevor still shows up on the island. For another thing, how can that NOT be viewed as just another form of sexual segregationism if no Amazon other than Diana will EVER have contact with a man unless she's willing to leave the island?

And for a final thing, that cuts off some interesting story possibilities. Wouldn't it be cool for the Amazons to one day get to meet Diana's "co-workers?" Superman in particular would be interesting for them to meet. A man with all (or even more) of Heracles' power and NONE of his misogyny? A man who basically represents what men should be striving to be like? I think Hippolyta would find Clark fascinating, myself. Batman would be of interest to them as well. A man with no powers who figures out how to fight godlike beings?

I dunno. I get that it shouldn't be easy for men to reach the island, but declaring it a firm "No males EVER" zone seems like a bad idea for a host of reasons.
    Visiting is fine, but living there is another story.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Visiting is fine, but living there is another story.
    A much more reasonable stance. That makes a lot more sense.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    First off, it's not like Themiscyra in Rebirth is a vacation site or some place you can visit whenever you like. Steve crash-landing there in the first place was not a typical occurance. As it is, once Diana left the island in the first place, she was never suppose to be able to return. The fact that it did happen once was by a very convoluted method that is not easily repeated.

So, how is Steve suppose to return there? How would other men get there? And how the f#@& are any of the Amazons suppose to somehow meet Diana's "co-workers" (an asinine sounding way of phrasing that if I ever read one)? Do they just go to a RESTAURANT somewhere and have drinks and a meal while socializing?
    This is off topic, but now that you mention it, I had a dream that Hessia or another Amazon familiar with Man's World opened up a restaurant on the island. There she'd serve food the other Amazons had never tasted, like tacos or philly cheesesteaks or something. Eating wild game, seafood and fruits and vegetables would have to get old after a couple thousand years.They'd probably react to tacos like Diana did ice cream when she experienced it for the first time.

What if Diana can come home but she can't do it regularly. The amazons and divine protection can't be found by outsider but Diana can somewhat find it if she need it to for emergencies.However, I'm fine if she can't return but I'm not find with her having to contact with her mother. Let's get a mind radio so the two can talk.

I'm for a dudeless Themyscira, over here.

I want Jason to be a Deathstroke-level hellcat - an anti-hero, maybe - but, let him do his own thing, on his own time, on his own bloody island, ..and in his own books.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!