View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1546

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I think because of this recently announced series that the majority of the Nuhumans will be killed off and the Royals might have one or two of their members killed as well. I can see it as being that the T-Mist that gave the Inhumans their powers is now killing them. A lot like the M-Pox
    likely so. marvel seem poised to dramatically restructure how they are presenting the inhuman mythos to audiences. it's for the best.

There were some unfavourable Inhuman elements that could have been addressed by the Nuhumans but instead were glazed over.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    That's the thing. My main problem is not with the Royal family but with those walking, talking rip offs know as NUhumans

AOS already has its Inhumans hating Senator. I fear next season we will have Robots hunting Inhumans and Inhibitor collars.
    Well, i probably don’t care about most of them, but they’d better not kill off frank McGee.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The TV show was a failure the Mutants film rights are returning if all goes as it should. So keep characters like MS. Marvel and Moon Girl while doing an event to closet the majority of Inhumans for while IMO.
    I doubt the tv show is a factor anymore.This isn't a mandated story, this is something Cates pitched of his own accord.

If Marvel were done with the Inhumans they had left Royals cancelled and not addressed them in a solo again, not given them another book. So the idea Death of is the end rather than a shake is definitely wellwishing that betrays someone's bias rather than basing it on any facts. Cates himself describes the story as proof the Inhumans deserve their own spot in the Marvel Universe, hardly talk of a swan song.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Because if anything guarantees new life, it's something with "Death" in it's title
    You mean like how after Death of X we got loads of x-books?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The TV show was a failure the Mutants film rights are returning if all goes as it should. So keep characters like MS. Marvel and Moon Girl while doing an event to closet the majority of Inhumans for while IMO.
    We're also now seeing the return of the FF and Entertainment Weekly just noted that Wolverine was allowed to appear in a game because of thawing relations between Disney and Fox ahead of the merger. Between that and the TV show tanking they've lost any real incentive to continue giving the Inhumans as huge a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    We're also now seeing the return of the FF and Entertainment Weekly just noted that Wolverine was allowed to appear in a game because of thawing relations between Disney and Fox ahead of the merger. Between that and the TV show tanking they've lost any real incentive to continue giving the Inhumans as huge a push.
    And yet they're still giving the Inhumans books, so MAYBE Marvel just want to let the franchise grow naturally?

Cue conspiracy theories from the Complex!

Theory no 1.

The Inhumans will have a bigger presence than they did before but not as big as Marvel had once hoped. The Royal Family will still be around and a few Nuhumans but the rest will be either killed or cast aside and will slowly fade from memory.

Theory no. 2

The Inhumans will go away completely but will be slowly brought back over time and more or less return to being supporting characters.

Theory no. 3

This is a rebirth for the Inhumans but they need to die first before they can be reborn.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Ummm, each has their own place in the MU, and I get so annoyed with these kind of comments.

Do any of you really think the X-Men would have been discontinued? Really. They're too profitable for Marvel in one form or another.

Of course it wasn't nice that Perlmutter et all wanted Fox to deal with them and sell the rights back for X and Ff, but at the end of the day....

all the comic book drama of hatred and bitterness between the two sets of fans, was neither here nor there for Marvel Editorial.

I do believe they could have come up with a better story to show this dichotomy between the two.

I never got that. They're in a whole different class, let alone culture, powers, etc.

Since the X-men were created first in '63 (I was 8 !) and the Inhumans were created in '65, one could say . . .

Kirby and Lee were merely perfecting their original idea, and then some. Think on that.

This is actually a good idea. But I'm sure mutant fans would still feel Inhumans were trying to get by on their .... greatness?

Theory no 1.

The Inhumans will have a bigger presence than they did before but not as big as Marvel had once hoped. The Royal Family will still be around and a few Nuhumans but the rest will be either killed or cast aside and will slowly fade from memory.
    The same presence or smaller ie royals book, nuhuman book, some solos. It really serves no purpose to make the franchise bigger than that.

Theory no. 2

The Inhumans will go away completely but will be slowly brought back over time and more or less return to being supporting characters.
    No.
    Theory no. 3

This is a rebirth for the Inhumans but they need to die first before they can be reborn.
    No, I don't think they'll be reborn, just that'll bump off a few key Inhumans to change the status quo.

Exactly, the Inhumans, like some others, were mostly invented to be side-characters and plot devices. But Marvel has always tried to break ground with new series.

Didn't the Inhumans co-star with another 'side-character', Black Widow in Amazing Adventures or something back in the early '70s?

At a time when the X-Men didn't have a comic, or just reprints. They hardly even guest starred in other comics around that time.

'Cuz even they had failed, before getting enough love to re-invent and succeed.

So stop hating them for trying to succeed. Hate the writers who come up with these stupid plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    And yet they're still giving the Inhumans books
    A book. That as far as we know is just a mini-series and may or may not close the book on the current era of the franchise. I could see this being used to cull many of the NuHumans though and hopefully get back to the core of the franchise; the royal family. They are the key point of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    A book. That as far as we know is just a mini-series and may or may not close the book on the current era of the franchise. I could see this being used to cull many of the NuHumans though and hopefully get back to the core of the franchise; the royal family. They are the key point of interest.
    Lockjaw has a mini, this book is a mini probably coming before another ongoing judging by the way people at Marvel are talking about it.

Jason Aaron is talking up the book like mad, not something you'd get for a swan song mini.

Also the only thing announced so far for the X-Men around the same period is 'a book', we can say how that means Marvel are downplaying the X-Men now since they need to fit into the MCU etc etc but we don't have those stupid discussions because we know a book can become two books with any pending announcement. Maybe give the same slack to the Inhumans which thus far has been a 2 core title franchise since Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

We have no idea if this is a plague, or some sentient being or something that is causing this. As for the number to die I don't think too many named Inhumans will die (this includes Nuhumans) just enough too raise the stakes or something. As for more Inhumans yes here is something that never really gets asked what if the writers at Marvel likes Inhumans both Monsters Unleashed and Hawkeye introduced new Inhumans after IvX so no one can say this was part of the great Inhuman push if everyone agreed that was the end. There is more than the Royals and the Nuhumans as well, hell there are whole separate nations so I don't see them going away cause someone at Marvel will most likely want to do another "nation being run by supers" and will just use Inhumans for something quick and easy. What is the point of this Inhumans aren't going away since being introduced they have played a part in multiple sections of the Marvel universe and made their own section.