View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Can We Admit That The Inhumans Have Failed Now?

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate from Inhumans fans but I think it is an elephant in the room that needs to be addressed.

Many have said that the Inhumans need time to flourish so that they can become popular characters but from what I'm seeing they're failing in both the comics and on-screen.

Let's start with the comics. Out of all the Inhuman titles out there only one of them is selling above 20K an issue while the others all do below. That of course is Ms Marvel whose series isn't entirely about her being an Inhuman. The other series all about the Inhumans are low sellers, I was even surprised to see that Secret Warriors really took a nose dive in sales. They've even had a few other characters who had their own series like Mosaic and Kid Kaiju that were both laughably bad selling wise.

Going onto their onscreen presence. Their reception in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D haven't really gone down all that well and their own TV show that premiered in IMAX is being given the big thumbs down by critics and numerous fans. If it gets low ratings on TV (which I predict that it will) the series will be cancelled before a second season can be ordered.

From the information I am seeing I can't see how the Inhumans will be continued to be pushed when both readers and viewers are shying away from them.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

If they were not used in AoS and actually got a movie it might have worked.

They could have created a show called Inhuman and it could have been like X-men, while the movie was about the royals.

The screwing over of the Xmen also helped ruin them, Inhuman wasn't a bad book at all but then they tried to kill the x-men.

That's the thing with the Inhumans for me as well. For around ten years I didn't mind them, I didn't really take much notice of them but it would be fun when they popped up. However when Marvel tried to replace the mutants with Inhumans that's when I took issue.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Failure is an understatement.

I can not talk about the TV series since did not watch it and do not even know if it has already premiered.

However regarding comics marvel is playing thinking long term. Even if at the moment they are not selling as well as they would like as long as Fox has the rights to movies and marvel continues to promote the Inhumans in cartoons and other media while the X-mens will not the new generation will know more the Inhumans.

Inhumans are not the only ones that marvel tries to promote even though sales are not well at the moment because they are betting on the future.

Regardless of the results the Inhumans are more famous than they were a few years ago.

Moreover, a success is enough to turn the game and someone willing to invest, as well as if the situation of Fox and Marvel change that will have an impact on comics alike.

BANNED

I have to admit, Synapse is kinda growing on me (damn that sweet costume). But overall, they need to stick to being what they've been best at being - not a replacement for the mutants. Unfortunately, due to movie rights issues they're all Marvel has to work with. I hate it but I understand it. I wish they could just say, damn the movie right, but as long as Perlmutter is around the pettiness will never end.

I haven't seen it I'll give it a watch on TV but all reviews even comic people reviews have been it's bad. I think a telling thing is many reviews I've seen said Maximus came off more like the protagonist than the actual ones that they agreed with his stance.

Ultimate Member

Pounding square characters into round holes has never been a recipe for success.

BANNED

If they're still out there being used, they haven't "failed." People are assuming that Marvel wanted the Inhumans to be the cornerstone of their media empire rather than just thinking that they wanted to better utilize them.

The new show might well suck and the Inhumans are likely never going to be A-listers in the comics but they have a greater presence now than they did previously so Marvel can point to that as a win. They've raised the profile of characters that were largely invisible before.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Judged by what standard? Judged by when they were limited to guest appearances in Hulk Annuals and the occasional miniseries? In that case, absolutely not. They are far more successful now than they were back then. Judged by the standards of Spider-Man? Of course. Somewhere in the middle like Moon Knight? I'd say no. Now whether they can support three true books (plus Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl) is a valid question, but there is no question they are still far more successful than they've ever been.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I can imagine if Marvel do drop them they will do an Inhuman version of M-Day where the majority of them lose their powers. it would likely only leave the royal family as well as other notably Inhumans (like Ms Marvel).
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If they're still out there being used, they haven't "failed." People are assuming that Marvel wanted the Inhumans to be the cornerstone of their media empire rather than just thinking that they wanted to better utilize them.

The new show might well suck and the Inhumans are likely never going to be A-listers in the comics but they have a greater presence now than they did previously so Marvel can point to that as a win. They've raised the profile of characters that were largely invisible before.
    Not really. Comic readers mostly knew who the Inhumans were they might not had been well versed in them but were aware of them. Raising the profile is getting non-comic readers to discover a property like Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, or Suicide Squad. If this TV show fails the Inhuman Royal Family goes back in obscurity for the general public while still a known property for the comic masses so going back to ground zero is not a check in the win box. Now if the TV show is successful different story.

Personally I was surprised with how bad the TV show has been received. Some critics even call it the worst TV/film project that Marvel have ever produced and believe me it has some stiff competition. Most agree that it is the worst entry to the MCU
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

As much as I resent the Inhumans for marginalizing the X-men in recent years, I don't think it's right to say they've failed just yet. Yes, their IMAX movie didn't exactly set the world on fire and fan response to it has been pretty negative. But a lot of new shows start off slow. Sometimes, they have to in order to find what works. Right now, the Inhumans aren't working. Compared to the success other Marvel shows have had, like AoS and the Defenders, as well as Fox's own success with Legion, the Inhumans faltered pretty badly. But one misstep isn't enough to derail the franchise. It never is.

Right now, the Inhumans have a bad reputation for being the franchise that Marvel wants to use to kill the X-men. That has clouded pretty much every aspect of their appeal. They aren't the Inhumans. They are "that franchise Marvel wants to use to replace the X-men." Until that perception changes, audiences are going to have a very cynical view of the Inhumans, no matter how true to their concept Marvel tries to be. It's not dead yet, but it has fallen flat so far. It remains to be seen whether they can pick up the pieces and build.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Look I like about 40-50 marvel heroes that i want to read about

New inhumans? At the expense of new mutants?

PASS

I JUST don't have room in my life