View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1546

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    For the record, that is not true. The recent Lego Marvel 2 game is probably one of the clearest examples we've gotten so far. Absolutely no X-Men or FF characters are included, while the Inhumans are prominently featured and were in fact some of the first characters announced. When a reporter asked about the X-Men at E3 specifically in the context of the Inhumans being pushed instead, they got a very cagey non-answer. That's not even starting on the various Marvel animated shows heavily pushing the Inhumans while dropping any X-Men or FF characters (Doctor Doom was a major recurring villain in the early seasons of Avengers Assemble while Wolverine was featured as a guest star several times in the early seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man; both characters completely fell off the face of the Earth around the time the alleged embargo began). It wasn't successful, mind you, but they were trying to push the Inhumans while simultaneously downplaying the X-Men in these other mediums.

But like Aces said, it's not relevant anymore since this behavior looks to be coming to an end. But it was definitely there, that's not even a question anymore.
    That is fair about Lego Marvel 2, I had no idea the Inhumans were in that, but other than that the only game the Inhumans are in is Future Fight, and so are the X-men, and so are literally everyone else but FF, the cast is massive. But in toys and most games I admit the x-men/FF were demphasized, and that had nothing to do with the Inhumans. Would've happened regardless.

In the comics there is no evidence of de-emphasis (even during the heyday of paranoia most x-fans would just say "its coming", but it never did.)

The huge issue with this Inhuman hate campaign you've all led is you've never been able to prove that the without the Inhumans getting a couple books this alleged de-emphasis wouldn't have happened. The truth is the Inhumans were not part of the cause of the de-emphasis at all. If it happened (and I think it did outside comics) it would happen regardless of what was happening with any other franchise cause Marvel just knew it wasn't making them money.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    in that, it seem that feige and comic audiences shared something in common.

ike forced the inhumans live-action option on him, and he was unwilling to support it.

marvel publishing forced an entire inhuman franchise on consumers, and the audience were equally unwilling to support it.
    So Marvel MADE everyone buy those books? If they had that power shouldn't they have done it with ALL their books?

No one was forced to buy those books. NO ONE.

Yet there were folks who bought those books-folks who never lower their standards to both with the cesspool of hate known as comic book stores as Trades sales for Ms Marvel & Moon Girl proven. Those two whose trades outsell everything X-Men not named Deadpool or Logan. At least Moon Girl & Ms Marvel don't need Black Panther's name to get a solo or development unlike Storm.

So I don't know what "high standard for cancellation" you are referring to, since almost all of these were cancelled during their first or second arcs.
    It's the idea that one is held to a different standard than another.

Lets take Cyborg-who has a movie role, various tv roles, "appearances" in various books and merchandise that barley sales. Yet he still has a book with 8,000.

While better sellers get the ax. Many of whom have better trade sales than Cyborg like Jaime Reyes.
    So Jaime is held to a higher standard than Cyborg. Yet Cyborg has all that stuff that Jaime doesn't.

So if we are talking X-Men-all those books SHOULD have a higher standard than the Inhumans.

Especially the ones who feature Storm, Jean, Iceman or any X-Men who has been shoved in everyone's faces over the years.

However where it fails is to NOT include the x-factors that haunt many books.

There are places who take issue with the sin color, sex or sexuality of the lead or creative team and won't sell the book.

There are places where those book just don't SELL due to a lack of interest. Especially outside the USA.

Marvel, comics, always has to try new things because not everything appeals to everyone. Certainly the X-Men have the largest or nearest to largest amount of fans. But it is not for everyone, and there are always some characters who won't sell enough over the long haul to gain a foothold as an ongoing title. How many times have various titles been rebooted, or brought back? Marvel has to try, if they want to sell more product, period.

So the attempt, with the plot about X/Mutants being susceptible to the terrigin was really a bad plot. Never mind decades of inconsistent story lines, it just seem wrong.

Although I like the Inhuman characters (traditional) more than the X-Men, these days, I did not read that story line. I did enjoy Ahmed's BB and the Royals.
    I just think the concept of the thread is tiresome and silly. Can we admit that .... any number of titles that come and go and come again have failed? Everything has its place and time and maybe more of us should be just a little more forgiving. It was foolish for Marvel to do this, but it doesn't say much that certain fans got so upset about this.

The X-Men will never fail!

But if we had the Internet back in the early '70s when their title had not been re-invented, and was in fact just repeats from the original,

would we say the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So Marvel MADE everyone buy those books? If they had that power shouldn't they have done it with ALL their books?

That's sort of the point. They launched a whole line of books that very few were interested in buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But were people not reading it cause they felt it wasn't good, or did they not read it because before it was out went "eewww it's Inhuman, it must DIE!"
    I don't see how that matters. If people weren't interested in buying it because of the characters involved, that speaks to a failure to properly push or develop them. That they couldn't sell an Inhumans team book even with a fan favorite like Ms. Marvel in the group is rather telling.

Yet there were folks who bought those books-folks who never lower their standards to both with the cesspool of hate known as comic book stores as Trades sales for Ms Marvel & Moon Girl proven. Those two whose trades outsell everything X-Men not named Deadpool or Logan. At least Moon Girl & Ms Marvel don't need Black Panther's name to get a solo or development unlike Storm.

It's the idea that one is held to a different standard than another.

Lets take Cyborg-who has a movie role, various tv roles, "appearances" in various books and merchandise that barley sales. Yet he still has a book with 8,000.

While better sellers get the ax. Many of whom have better trade sales than Cyborg like Jaime Reyes.
    So Jaime is held to a higher standard than Cyborg. Yet Cyborg has all that stuff that Jaime doesn't.

So if we are talking X-Men-all those books SHOULD have a higher standard than the Inhumans.

Especially the ones who feature Storm, Jean, Iceman or any X-Men who has been shoved in everyone's faces over the years.

However where it fails is to NOT include the x-factors that haunt many books.

There are places who take issue with the sin color, sex or sexuality of the lead or creative team and won't sell the book.

There are places where those book just don't SELL due to a lack of interest. Especially outside the USA.
    marvel cannot make anyone buy anything they dont want to buy.

hence the poor sales and low adoption rates.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    based on what evidence?
    Based on the fact that Marvel treats the merchandize for Fox-owned characters (who they have to share royalties for the ones based on the movie versions) differently from the Sony-owned characters.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Uhmmm...
    Inhuman - 14 issues
    uncanny inhumans - 22 issues
    all new inhumans - 11 issues
    Karnak - 6 issues
    Royals - 12 issues
    secret warriors - 12 issues
    Black Bolt - 12 issues

the Inhumans literally haven't had a single long run during this period. The only book that went even sorta long was Uncanny, and it was still selling above 20,000 (the general cancellation point) until issue 16. At which point IvX was already announced and they just let it run until that event was over then cancelled it.

So I don't know what "high standard for cancellation" you are referring to, since almost all of these were cancelled during their first or second arcs.
    If you are referring to the fact new books were launched, well the X-men get that too, every time a book fails they get a new one to take its place. So no double standard their either (and considering Uncanny Inhumans sold well for quite a while, they had reason to think there was a market).
    I’m not saying they lasted longer, I’m just saying it appeared that Inhuman books had a lower sales cutoff point than X-Books tended to. Which isn’t much surprise, properties Marvel takes a vested interest in driving tend to get more leeway (see also Captain Marvel).

It just seems to me there’s not much commercial support for more than one Inhuman book in the direct market. It’s not really a proven franchisable property in the same way as the X-Men, which organically grew into one over decades.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I’m not saying they lasted longer, I’m just saying it appeared that Inhuman books had a lower sales cutoff point than X-Books tended to. Which isn’t much surprise, properties Marvel takes a vested interest in driving tend to get more leeway (see also Captain Marvel).

It just seems to me there’s not much commercial support for more than one Inhuman book in the direct market. It’s not really a proven franchisable property in the same way as the X-Men, which organically grew into one over decades.
    Except you're proving your own counterpoint.
    The Inhumans as they currently exist haven't been around for one decade yet alone several. So expecting them to make X-Men numbers is completely unrealistic, giving the books some slack to grow is good business. On the other hand the X-Men is a proven franchise and if numbers on a title are lagging it has no excuse, it's not trying to establish itself like the Inhumans so it's not worth giving the extra slack cuz it doesn't deserve it because it shouldn't need it at this many decades in.

Also there's enough support for 3-4 Inhumans books usually Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, a core Inhumans title and a Nuhuman team book or another Inhuman solo. Uncanny Inhumans was doing pretty well before IVX messed it up and Royals isolated a lot of people with it's fugly art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Except you're proving your own counterpoint.
    The Inhumans as they currently exist haven't been around for one decade yet alone several. So expecting them to make X-Men numbers is completely unrealistic, giving the books some slack to grow is good business. On the other hand the X-Men is a proven franchise and if numbers on a title are lagging it has no excuse, it's not trying to establish itself like the Inhumans so it's not worth giving the extra slack cuz it doesn't deserve it because it shouldn't need it at this many decades in.

Also there's enough support for 3-4 Inhumans books usually Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, a core Inhumans title and a Nuhuman team book or another Inhuman solo. Uncanny Inhumans was doing pretty well before IVX messed it up and Royals isolated a lot of people with it's fugly art.
    I’m not saying they need to make X-Men numbers, I’m saying they need to make sustainable numbers. And that’s something no Inhuman book is doing today in the direct market. Moon Girl only gets by due to the Scholastic deal and Ms. Marvel is surviving based on trade sales, although those are dropping now too. And honestly both those titles are tangentially Inhuman books at best, it’s sort of like when people call Alpha Flight, Captain Britain or Deadpool an X-Book.

I really don’t see how there’s room for one Inhuman and one Nuhuman book. From the sales I’d say there’s space and audience for one blended title and they should really just go all in on that conceptually. They can do a side mini too here and there but no solo or satellite ongoings, it’s just not sustainable right now and that’s a status they need to build towards.
    Last edited by DDM; 04-02-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I’m not saying they need to make X-Men numbers, I’m saying they need to make sustainable numbers. And that’s something no Inhuman book is doing today in the direct market. Moon Girl only gets by due to the Scholastic deal and Ms. Marvel is surviving based on trade sales, although those are dropping now too. And honestly both those titles are tangentially Inhuman books at best, it’s sort of like when people call Alpha Flight, Captain Britain or Deadpool an X-Book.
    Exactly.

I really don’t see how there’s room for one Inhuman and one Nuhuman book. From the sales I’d say there’s space and audience for one blended title and they should really just go all in on that conceptually. They can do a side mini too here and there but no solo or satellite ongoings, it’s just not sustainable right now and that’s a status they need to build towards.
    And after all the up and down from the lasts years, I wouldsay, the inhumans should be back as secondaries in the FF title before try again in one blended title. But I would not bet for the future of the Nuhumans.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have been reading Marvel for over 35 years and I have never seen Marvel push any property as hard as they pushed the Inhumans. That is just a cold hard fact. Even back in the day when Wolverine and Ghost Rider were in everything it still didn't feel as forced as what Marvel was doing with the Inhumans. The fact that Marvel pushed it so hard and yet it still never took off shows that the desire for multiple Inhumans book was just never there.

So no they didn't force anyone to buy the books, but there sure as hell pushed hard trying to get them to take off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have been reading Marvel for over 35 years and I have never seen Marvel push any property as hard as they pushed the Inhumans. That is just a cold hard fact. Even back in the day when Wolverine and Ghost Rider were in everything it still didn't feel as forced as what Marvel was doing with the Inhumans. The fact that Marvel pushed it so hard and yet it still never took off shows that the desire for multiple Inhumans book was just never there.

So no they didn't force anyone to buy the books, but there sure as hell pushed hard trying to get them to take off.
    well there's X men during 90's , but that's because they're huge during the 80's and the animated series just was the cherry on top, plus they sold like pancakes

It was only a matter of time.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yep, just saw it. I guess it bombed way too hard even for Disney to step in and rescue it like they allegedly did with AOS. I wonder what Marvel TV is gonna do about that... are they dropping the concept completely? Are they gonna try to ship the show somewhere else? Are they gonna try to tie-in with another existing show (most likely AOS, if it doesn't get cancelled). I'd be okay with them dropping it completely if we could get a nice reboot in the movies, but I feel like that's really unlikely by now, specially with Feige possibly moving on to other franchises like Eternals. So I'll hope the Inhumans franchise can still be salvaged somehow on TV, 'cause it would be a shame to see them just go to waste completely.