View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It's a development that has polarized the Marvel fanbase to the point that we had a 2016 edition of an Inhumans failing thread prior to this. Depending on how things turn out for the Inhumans next year, we may or may not see a 2018 edition of an Inhumans failing thread.
    I legitimately laughed out loud at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Why would they do that?

The tv show has issues, but none that can't be easily fixed. The IMAX run made it a lot of money. I think this is a thing of people having unrealistic expectations and then applying those to spell failure where no one else would. The IMAX run made a lot of money, the show will make more money from ads when it's on tv. But people saying "well it didn't make MCU Movie money so its a failure"

This pattern of unrealistic expectations being used to bash the Inhumans is a very common amongst certain people, and they're the same people who've bitched about the Inhumans ever since they got their own ongoing after Infinity. Go figure.

The Inhumans could cure cancer and the same grumpy sect of peoples' reaction would be "but you didn't cure HIV"
    And probably that cure would be made of mutant blood, and several of their internal organs.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    If anyone's obsessed it's bitter X-men fans who are threatened by another property getting attention. Even though they still have plenty of X-men related content that has nothing to do with the Inhumans.
    Well, these days it's more resentment for the genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I legitimately laughed out loud at this.
    Hey, we may be crazy, but we are consistently crazy.

Spectacular Member

If anyone's obsessed it's bitter X-men fans who are threatened by another property getting attention. Even though they still have plenty of X-men related content that has nothing to do with the Inhumans.
    I would agree with this. As someone who started reading comics fairly recently (last 5-6 years or so), I've tended to stay away from X-Men stuff, simply because it appears if you're a fan of the X-Men you can't be a fan of the inhumans or anyone else. It's X-Men first and if you disagree you aren't a true fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    I would agree with this. As someone who started reading comics fairly recently (last 5-6 years or so), I've tended to stay away from X-Men stuff, simply because it appears if you're a fan of the X-Men you can't be a fan of the inhumans or anyone else. It's X-Men first and if you disagree you aren't a true fan.
    Well, if you agree that the X-men deserved the genocidal cloud..........................

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if you agree that the X-men deserved the genocidal cloud..........................
    When AvX came around it was made very clear to me I could not be a fan of the Avengers and a fan of the X-Men. And now I cannot be a fan of the Inhumans and a fan of the X-Men. Threads like this and attitudes like this - X-men have it the worst, if you're a fan of them you're a fan of only them. You cannot be a fan of the inhumans because they negatively impact the X-Men.

The X-Men didn't turn me off from them. Still love the movies and read the comics. I buy Iceman and I buy Ms. Marvel. But I won't discuss it or post on it because the X-Men fans have turned me off from them. There's an absolutist mentality that can't be healthy for the fandom. I don't think I"m alone on that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Because a lot of people don't believe that the Inhumans deserved their push.
    We can qualify that statement: is it having a push, or the direction and execution of said push?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We can qualify that statement: is it having a push, or the direction and execution of said push?
    I mean that many believe that the Inhumans going from background characters to the forefront wasn't deserved. They didn't do anything that really made it feel like they were deserving of it and of course there is the whole film rights thing as well. They believe that if the Inhumans were going to be popular they would have been pushed decades ago rather than just now.

It kind of reminds me of Jinder Mahal in WWE. In the space of a month he went from being a jobber to WWE Champion simply because the company wanted to appeal to the Indian market (even though Mahal was born and raised in Canada). His push as WWE champion didn't go down very well because he went from one end of the spectrum to the other and it's the same with the Inhumans. They went from being barely anything to a big deal. They should have built it slower and over a period of time and especially not at the cost of the X-Men.

Also to add to a previous statement I do like the Avengers (not the latest TV show since it is inferior to EMH) it's just that I'm a much bigger X-Men fan. Also I believe that the Avengers should not have interfered in AvX since they only made the situation much worse than it needed to be.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Picking up a relatively unknown IP and suddenly giving it prominence doesn't in and of itself make it undeserved. In the case of the Inhumans, they had mini-series and event tie-ins in the interim that raised them from total obscurity.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

No one feels the X-men deserved the terrigen poisoning.

Yet some people, particularly fans of X-men were laughing and celebrating the Inhuman internment camps during Secret Empire so how does that make you any better?

It's a very sad irony that fans of the X-men have participated in that and the general hate for another group. I don't care how much suffering the X-men had endure, it doesn't make it ok. Just like it's not Ok to be openly racist against white people. (And yes it's very possible to do so). Anyone celebrating that crossed a line, especially with real life events going on.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 09-06-2017 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

No one feels the X-men deserved the terrigen poisoning.

Yet some people, particularly fans of X-men were laughing at the Inhumans internmant camps during Secret Empire so how does that make you any better.
    Lol, Inhuman fans blamed the XMEN for the clouds, so I don't know what you're talking about. All I remember is Inhuman fans going on and on about how innocent the Royal family was. I remember them praising Medusa for putting Inhumans first while bashing Emma Frost for doing the same. I remember mutants being blamed for not asking nicely not to be murdered.

You inhuman fans love to blame all your woes on us X-fans and call us bitter, yet act like victims when we aren't there to coddle you.

Mighty Member

If we're talking irrational blame, I remember Inhuman fans who blamed the X-fans for Soule leaving the Inhuman books, which was pretty funny.

Nimen

Maximus is the good guy is the series wtf

Here is a good video about the Inhuman push at 26:26

Why should we need convincing? Maybe the people against them for their irrational hatred should back off.
    well, just looking at the results of the poll, less than 20% of community participants believe inhumans is doing well enough to say they are not failing.

if the majority needs convincing otherwise, something or someone is not doing their job to instill public confidence in the inhuman brand.

that's not opinion, that's just looking at the numbers.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    If we're talking irrational blame, I remember Inhuman fans who blamed the X-fans for Soule leaving the Inhuman books, which was pretty funny.
    Don't remember that one? I remember blame directed at Inhuman haters and comic book store goers for sinking All-New Inhumans.

And probably that cure would be made of mutant blood, and several of their internal organs.

i'm game, isn't like the mutant books have done anything lately making them more valuable than being reduced to organ donors.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    It's was worse than that; they were saying that Soule was, first, leaving Marvel, and second, that the X-men fans had destroyed his career. Especially funny, given that the X-board loves Astonishing.