View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    yeah that was a big mess. at least they had the justice league name behind them. justice league of america is giving me similar vibes. c'mon orlando ...
    One could say the whole New 52...Superman with no underwear, No wally, etc pushing aside their favorites with new incarnations that did and did not work...

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    He's the guy that gets the biggest reactions on either brand, that's being over. If he was coming out to complete silence a la Ziggler, then he wouldn't be over. Name a full-timer outselling him in merch. I'll wait.
    The New Day
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    One could say the whole New 52...Superman with no underwear, No wally, etc pushing aside their favorites with new incarnations that did and did not work...
    new 52 had its missteps but i wouldn't put it on inhumans-level failure. they've already done a lot of cross-media (movies/animation) that are making wb mad money. plus there's a lot of new52 elements that are here to stay and successful

Incredible Member

They've clearly failed with their live action plans, yes. In comics, I'm not sure how to define failure here. The stories have been solid for 5 years straight now. In terms of sales they're not doing as well as X-Men, but that comparison was always driven by X-fans. You do realize that Marvel would have scaled back the X-Men line even if they didn't push Inhumans, right? The existence of the Inhumans is not directly responsible for Marvel putting less emphasis on the X-Men. It's the situation with the movie rights that is to blame.

One thing that I did find funny was that after X-Men vs Inhumans the sales for X-Men Titles went up while Inhuman titles went down.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That's an unorthodox example of funny, but to each his own.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    One thing that I did find funny was that after X-Men vs Inhumans the sales for X-Men Titles went up while Inhuman titles went down.
    X-Men selling better than Inhumans is a water is wet situation. That does not mean automatic failure for Inhumans. When you look at Marvel's sales nowadays then Inhumans books are doing OK. Only insecure X-Men fans are obsessed with X-Men vs Inhumans sales numbers. I doubt anyone at Marvel is looking at it this way.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 09-06-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Personally I wish there were less mutants and less Inhumans. More is not better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Personally I wish there were less mutants and less Inhumans. More is not better.
    You're getting half your wish already. There are way fewer mutants than there were a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    You're getting half your wish already. There are way fewer mutants than there were a decade ago.
    Well, it's more than a decade; a decade ago was the aftermath of the M-day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, it's more than a decade; a decade ago was the aftermath of the M-day.
    I would argue we have fewer now than we did after M-day. Fewer appearing in comics at least.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

As what usually happens when your book gets dragged into someone else's ongoing story. Uncanny Inhumans was basically entirely separate from the X-Men storyline that was the T-Mist plot until the crossover.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

When a hostile environment over Inhumans is created at comic book stores-guess what folks STOP going.

If the X-Men fanbase wants to be the big bad bully of comics-try this nonsense with Iron Man, Capt America, Thor, Spider-Man, GOTG, Dr Strange, Cap Marvel, Star Wars and Black Panther. Along with Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and others.

How about you go after the franchises whose movies, trades or tv shows proved Marvel could succeed without X-Men.

Try that with Spider-Man fans. I am sure they will gladly give a lesson about the POWER of the Spider-Man.

I mean if you wanted to show the value of the X-Men wouldn't you go after those who outperform you?

Constantly trashing Inhumans only leads to folks getting CURIOUS and sooner than later going to look and JUDGE for themselves. And LOL if they end up liking the Inhumans thanks to X-Men fan rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It's a bit worse than that, the first 2 episodes were also written by Scott Buck.

So he is writing terrible dialogue, and the person who is meant to quality control the scripts is himself. Scott Buck should never work again after creating such problems for two shows that really should have been easy as hell to adapt.
    This. Doesn't help that Perlmutters cheap ass decided to rush this show on a budget after Feige took Inhumans off the movie schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Constantly trashing Inhumans only leads to folks getting CURIOUS and sooner than later going to look and JUDGE for themselves. And LOL if they end up liking the Inhumans thanks to X-Men fan rage.
    not to indulge, but is this actually happening? is it really? objectively speaking, where exactly? the poll indicates the opposite in this case.

if anything, it seems their brand have been a bit tarnished