View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The story that i have heard is that Perlmutter wanted that the Inhumans movie should be a rip-off of the X-men; Feige didnt liked that and told him to go away and kick him out. I have no idea how much Perlmutter had to do with the tv show.
    I don't think Perlmutter had any specific requests for the movie (being similar to X-Men). He just wanted it to get made. Feige was not interested in the property...like at all. When Perlmutter was kicked out of the movie side Feige immediately dropped the Inhumans movie from the MCU slate.

Niffleheim

The story that i have heard is that Perlmutter wanted that the Inhumans movie to be a rip-off of the X-men; Feige didnt liked that and told him to go away and then kick him out of the MCU. Beyond that i have no idea how much Perlmutter had to do with the tv show. But something that i have always heard is that Ms Marvel is considered her own thing or part of Captain Marvel.
    I thought the reason for the split had mostly to do with how cheap Perlmutter was with the movie budget and salaries increases for the actors/actresses in MS?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool are reporting that Marvel are whoring out Medusa to Gorgon once Legacy kicks off

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...-royal-family/
    Hey. No we are not. We say that they are in a relationship. Slightly less misogynist phrasing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I thought the reason for the split had mostly to do with how cheap Perlmutter was with the movie budget and salaries increases for the actors/actresses in MS?
    Pretty sure it was this, yeah.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm a big proponent of committing to your long-term partner, so no this does not sit well with me and I'd thank you to respect that.
    Then maybe you could lose the "village bicycle" phrasing as wekll as the "whoring out" if you are concerned with respect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Then maybe you could lose the "village bicycle" phrasing...
    Also, as I've been telling the guy, they are separated through nobody's fault but Black Bolt's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I don't think Perlmutter had any specific requests for the movie (being similar to X-Men). He just wanted it to get made. Feige was not interested in the property...like at all. When Perlmutter was kicked out of the movie side Feige immediately dropped the Inhumans movie from the MCU slate.
    Well, given that Feige has been interested even in the Guardians of the Galaxy, i dont think that is the case; but who knows, maybe he is an X-men fan like me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Well, even through his behavior is well documented, i havent seen one article that says that it was the cause of the split, at the best i have seen an article or two citing it as insult over injury.

Incredible Member

Well, given that Feige has been interested even in the Guardians of the Galaxy, i dont think that is the case; but who knows, maybe he is an X-men fan like me.
    I think the Inhumans could potentially have a huge impact on the MCU. Once you introduce them (I know they're in AoS but Feige doesn't acknowledge the shows) you can't put them back into a box. perhaps Feige's plan for the MCU's next 10 years just doesn't jibe with the Inhumans. Personally, though, I think Feige made a mistake by letting the property go to waste.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    That's the thing with the Inhumans for me as well. For around ten years I didn't mind them, I didn't really take much notice of them but it would be fun when they popped up. However when Marvel tried to replace the mutants with Inhumans that's when I took issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I've heard that Feige is a fan of Marvel. He may have also had the business and narrative sense that the Inhumans just aren't the X-Men and cannot work like the X-Men. It doesn't help that there's a level of toxic hate attached to them because of this very thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Then maybe you could lose the "village bicycle" phrasing as wekll as the "whoring out" if you are concerned with respect.
    Yeah, seriously, if Medusa wants to be with someone else, why shouldn't she? Why should she stay married to a man who constantly keeps things from her, who leaves for months at a time when she needs him, and someone who constantly does weird **** to undermine her position. Medusa doesn't deserve that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    With movies branching out from PG13 to R rated, I think it'll open up the market for a G-rated (Moon Girl) and a PG-rated (Ms. Marvel) movies.
    A Devil Dinosaur movie with Moon-Boy would be better. Big weird Marvel dinosaurs movie with cavemen is something different, Devil Dinosaur in modern times hanging out with some girl is just another Marvel movie set now. Moon Girl also seems like it could be a whole quagmire that's easily avoidable too by just not doing it. Moon Girl becomes a movie and who knows if all the entertainment site want to point out the problematic nature of Moon Girl being a black girl that was created as a replacement for a little ape kind of boy...that's not the kind of issue Disney would want their giant multi-million dollar blockbuster tied up in a year or more before release. And there's no way that doesn't become an issue in that big of a stage, Jurassic World got tied up in a weird debate about a businesswoman wearing heels.

I like Royals and hope it runs for a long time. I liked the prior books as well. The inhuman have a lot of interesting characters. That is all i care about.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Wait. So what is the story on this breakup? Feige did not want to touch the Inhumans at all?
    you do know that feige got his start on the x-men movies, right? and that bryan singer is one of his good friends?

there was a yahoo interview around press time of dofp and singer was asked if he was ok with how marvel was treating the x-men in the comics. he was shocked and said he would call feige himself.

not long after that, feige staged a coup at disney to break away from ike.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

And that would have solved the issue how?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    And that would have solved the issue how?
    well, it took the inhuman out of the feature film market for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Moon Girl becomes a movie and who knows if all the entertainment site want to point out the problematic nature of Moon Girl being a black girl that was created as a replacement for a little ape kind of boy...that's not the kind of issue Disney would want their giant multi-million dollar blockbuster tied up in a year or more before release.
    I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people who know enough about Moon Boy to be offended that his successor is a black girl. And if Disney is confident of having a character in the Black Panther movie who literally dresses up in ape garb (though without the head now), I seriously doubt that's much of a problem to them.

If anything you'd just get the same idiots spamming comments on Black Panther articles about how this is an appeasement movie aimed at SJWs or some such nonsense.