View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1546
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The CW primarily is known for its appeal to younger demographics, which is very important to advertisers. Even though their market is much smaller than an older network like ABC's, shows on their network like Riverdale can still be seen as successful even if they don't have incredibly high ratings numbers.

(There's also the appeal shows such as Riverdale can have to streaming services, who will pay top dollar for streaming rights in a bid to court their audience.)
    Okay, so we'll ignore the CW comparisons then.

Inhumans is still scoring higher than Agents of Shield, and doing about the same as Once Upon a Time which is a show ABC promotes the hell out of.

So it still feels odd that people crap talk the shows performance but the same people will praise AOS.

Extraordinary Member

AOS total viewership.
    Season 4 average total viewers
    4.22 million

It's last episode was a total

We still do not have averages yet for inhumans and the last episodes but the viewership is lower for inhumans then aos, but aos viewership is not that much higher these days.

Once upon time current season and inhumans season 1 without the dvr numbers has abit higher viewership then inhumans but not that much.
    We still do not have the dvr numbers for once upon a time current season.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-12-2017 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm baffled how 18 people said no
    People vote how they feel.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    AOS total viewership.
    Season 4 average total viewers
    4.22 million

It's last episode was a total

We still do not have averages yet for inhumans and the last episodes but the viewership is lower for inhumans then aos, but aos viewership is not that much higher these days.

Once upon time current season and inhumans season 1 without the dvr numbers has abit higher viewership then inhumans but not that much.
    We still do not have the dvr numbers for once upon a time current season.
    Friday's Inhumans was 1.95. 9th among 18-45

Once Upon was 2.4 (which is worst than the shows it replaced Last Man Standing/Dr Ken) 7th among 18-45

Both shows had no difference in the previous airings.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I'm british so I may need some things clarifying for me.

But ABC and the CW are basically the same calibre of network?

Arrow season 1 got lower ratings than the Inhumans did, but Arrow is considered successful but the Inhumans isn't.

Legion is on cable so we give them a lower bar for views, but they still got 1.5m less views than the Inhumans but we're still considering the Inhumans a failure but Legion a smash hit success.

It does seem like the Inhumans are being hit with people moving the goal posts.
    They are aired as broadcast (free) networks.

The CW is sort of a gray area-4 states have it for various reasons.

Also some CW stations act as the local sports affiliate-so lets say Dallas Stars was playing and it was a local broadcast-whatever the CW had set to air would not show. This has also happened with CBS-they chose to air a Dallas Cowboys game on CBS and the show slated to air on CBS aired on the CW.

Also the advertising selling of ads vary between ABC & CW.

Arrow will cost you 62K per commercial. And that is HIGHER than most network shows.

http://adage.com/article/media/cw-su...rivals/237903/

So lets say Inhuman's ad time will only cost you 40K.

Who is making me money with that 1.5 (1.3 Arrow) rating?

Inhumans has the bigger advantage being on ABC. If we took this show and put it on say FX or a station that is on all cable/Dish/satellite packages-that 1.5 is fine.

Only reason I watch Inhumans is becoz its a crap show you can poke fun at just like Ironfist.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Friday's Inhumans was 1.95. 9th among 18-45

Once Upon was 2.4 (which is worst than the shows it replaced Last Man Standing/Dr Ken) 7th among 18-45

Both shows had no difference in the previous airings.
    He was also using the total viewers figures where they use DVR views to boost figures.

Friday's Inhumans got 1.95 and S4 finale for SHIELD got 2.08 so it's pretty close.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

After watching the show I just thought, "Why did they even bother? What was the rush? Did they included them in more stories for all these years to make that?"

I don't know why people keep insisting that the Inhumans were trying to replace the X-Men. Aside from that stupid "Inhumans vs. X-Men" event (which is clear that the mists were massacring the Mutants), the X-Men got like 10 books, 3 movies coming out next year, 2 TV shows, a Deadpool cartoon coming, and they're coming out with X-Men characters in games and action figures.

They didn't replace anyone, and on top of that, they canceled the Inhumans movie and gave them a crap budget for a network television show. I don't think Marvel was rooting for them as much as everyone makes it out. I mean, look at the TV show.

I think they wanted to tell the story of Mutants on the screen and have the control over the story telling (something they can't do with Fox movies, but did on Agents of Shield). They expanded and went further with Inhuman lore because - why not? They basically did the "Earth X" story with the Terrigen Mists. And Black Bolt was dying to release Terrigen in the past (War of Kings). It was bound to happen.

They aren't Mutants and never will be. But I don't see how people (in the comics) would know the difference of a Mutant and an Inhuman just by looking at them to discriminate differently.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Well it was the late Len Wein and Dave Cockrum who got the X-Men up and started again.

But X-Men DOFP was a good film despite some faults.

Yeah but it still has the Inhumans that are supposed to be the most recognisable. They are falling short against a guy who was killed during his third comic book appearance and the least well known child of Magneto.

One series is about a group of people who have superpowers because they were born with them. The other series is about a group of people who have super powers because they were born with them.
    The X-Men have had films for the past 20 years (if you don't count the Generation X made for TV movie), have had 3 major cartoon shows, and years of "solo" comic books that feature more characters than the Inhumans. I think if anything has the word "Mutant" in it will sell no matter what.

I think the majority of the X-Men films are garbage because Cyclops and Storm are backup dancers for most of the franchise instead of the main characters/real team leaders, and the Phoenix saga was terrible.

As for your last point, Mutants are the next stage in evolution as far as the human species goes. They develop their powers, etc. The Inhumans are humans that were modified by the Kree to look like species from different planets to later infiltrate them and bring them down from within. They aren't the same like you tried to insinuate.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    As for your last point, Mutants are the next stage in evolution as far as the human species goes. They develop their powers, etc. The Inhumans are humans that were modified by the Kree to look like species from different planets to later infiltrate them and bring them down from within. They aren't the same like you tried to insinuate.
    Mutants are also the descendants of humans modified by an ancient alien species.
    They are the same in that they're just humans with super powers.
    Same goes for the FF4.

Quote Originally Posted by mrPizza View Post
    Only reason I watch Inhumans is becoz its a crap show you can poke fun at just like Ironfist.
    I'll have to check it out when it comes to Rifftrax.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I heard quite a lot of positive feedback on the second season of Agent Carter.
    It was okay --not as good as first season. I wish they would have used at least one Golden Age costumed hero or villain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No offense to the Inhumans, but conceptually, are they really designed to be A-list material, or just part of the Fantastic Four's larger world?

Their concept is that they're, ya know...Inhuman. There's not much to relate to for the average guy as the main faces for decades have been the Royal Family. Prior to all the movies, most people regarded them as a facet of the FF's world more than anything else. They're not bad characters, but I don't think all Marvel properties are built for live action, multi-million dollar franchises
    I agree. They are interesting as guest-stars -- and the individual members of the group probably work best when they are on superhero teams -- Crystal with Fantastic Four or Avengers, Medusa with Fantastic Four. Inhuman is more of a political group than a superhero group. That's fine for a mini-series -- but not an ongoing, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't know why people keep insisting that the Inhumans were trying to replace the X-Men.
    Because the people running the tv shows and movies have clearly implied that Inhumans are replacing mutants in the MCU. It started back when Agents of Shield first premiered and Jed Whedon said they cannot use even the word mutants because Disney doesn't have the rights for X-Men and it's the same MCU universe where mutants can't exist. Clearly in Agents of Shield, mutant was swapped for inhuman. X-Men were being pulled from games and erased from classic Marvel covers being used on t-shirts to avoid Disney putting Fox characters on their marketing.

The hype for the Inhuman movies when they were part of Phase 3 was Disney having their own X-Men type characters and their own revival to Fox's X-Men universe.

While Fox and Disney worked out a deal for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to appear in the MCU, they were retconned from being mutants because Disney doesn't want to even reference a term that isn't their Intellectual Property.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best either. Terrible acting and writing. I guess they were getting to who their enemy was and are now exposed, setting up aliens to come on AoS.