View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 20 of 104 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

It's not paranoia. You yourself admitted that the X-men are being erased. That's exactly what the Complex is.

But since you're throwing around terms like "dead weight franchise," that makes me feel a lot better about hating on the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Nobody is arguing that there are no X-men in comics. You're saying the X-men erasure is happening in everything else, you're just cool with it. Which is fine for you.
    Erasure implies they're being actively removed, they're not, they're just not being actively pursued.

FOX will keep making the movies, Gifted and Legion suggest that if you come to them with a offer they'll have no qualms about accepting it.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Erasure implies they're being actively removed, they're not, they're just not being actively pursued.

FOX will keep making the movies, Gifted and Legion suggest that if you come to them with a offer they'll have no qualms about accepting it.
    I mean, they have been actively removed from posters, cartoons, videogames, etc. Does that not count as erasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I mean, they have been actively removed from posters, cartoons, videogames, etc. Does that not count as erasure?
    Did they go back and remove them from the existing ones? Then no.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Mighty Member

Revoking licenses for use doesn't count to you? I guess that's where our disagreement is, then.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...incidence.html

Here's one example, the CompleX thread is full of others including emails and messages from companies who said Marvel wouldn't let them use X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...incidence.html

Here's one example, the CompleX thread is full of others including emails and messages from companies who said Marvel wouldn't let them use X-men.
    Alright... there has been a modicum of erasure, I shall assume in an effort promote their wholly own properties... the motivations ascribed to Perlmutter I find questionable, since that's just setting himself up for a lawsuit.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Context is king.

BANNED

Inhuman fans: X-fans are paranoid and bitter.

Inhuman fans: If our properties fail, it's only due to X-fans!

Inhuman fans: XMen are a dying franchise that's no longer popular.

Inhuman fans: They're movies suck and most aren't even hits.

X-fan: I hate the Inhumans.

Inhuman fans: OMG! The hate coming from X-fans has got to stop!

Alright... there has been a modicum of erasure, I shall assume in an effort promote their wholly own properties... the motivations ascribed to Perlmutter, well he could be sued.
    And most of us get that. But, obviously, we don't like to see characters we love side-lined.

Did they go back and remove them from the existing ones? Then no.
    Secret Wars T-Shirts they had copies of original Secret Wars covers and they took out the X-Men and FF characters replacing them with Black Panther, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Inhumans none of which were in original Secret Wars.

Did anyone even genuinely like the Inhumans (outside the few hits like Ms. Marvel)? Because most of the support I saw for the Inhumans push on the web seemed like it was coming from people who just don't like the X-Men and seriously thought the Inhumans were gonna dethrone them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Inhuman fans: X-fans are paranoid and bitter.

Inhuman fans: If our properties fail, it's only due to X-fans!

Inhuman fans: XMen are a dying franchise that's no longer popular.

Inhuman fans: They're movies suck and most aren't even hits.

X-fan: I hate the Inhumans.

Inhuman fans: OMG! The hate coming from X-fans has got to stop!
    Honestly this is how it feels.

Extraordinary Member

If anything angry X-Fans should be mad at the Star Wars franchise.

Before Marvel got ahold of that franchise the X-Books were where all the top talent wanted to be.

Even the push the Avengers got didn't hinder that.

Now?

The remaining to tier talent (a lot of them left Marvel altogether) like the Cassadays and the Gillens, they all wanna do Star Wars books now, having probably waited all their lives to get paid to work on those characters.

Marvel trying to create a Inhumans Franchise is way less impactful to the current state of the X-books than the fact that guys like Hickman quit before doing the Xbooks at all and guys like Remender quit before he could be put on a Flagship X-Book.

And the A list talent that is left would rather do something else.

Mighty Member

Nobody was sad Remender quit. He didn't even like the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If anything angry X-Fans should be mad at the Star Wars franchise.

Before Marvel got ahold of that franchise the X-Books were where all the top talent wanted to be.

Even the push the Avengers got didn't hinder that.

Now?

The remaining to tier talent (a lot of them left Marvel altogether) like the Cassadays and the Gillens, they all wanna do Star Wars books now, having probably waited all their lives to get paid to work on those characters.

Marvel trying to create a Inhumans Franchise is way less impactful to the current state of the X-books than the fact that guys like Hickman quit before doing the Xbooks at all and guys like Remender quit before he could be put on a Flagship X-Book.

And the A list talent that is left would rather do something else.
    mmm, it is true that marvel have sacrificed their top talent on the marvel universe side and sent it to the star wars family of books.

but even still, this is similar to what people say about politics. "why are you mad about this when you should be mad about that?" truth is, people can be both.

the whole "don't get distracted" mindset is usually a ploy used to get people hot on a topic to cool it, not to genuinely shift attention to a more pressing matter.

not saying that's what you're doing, but it's something our enemies have definitely weaponized as a strategic tactic - and something we should all be cautious of.