View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You know what if those X-Men fans could RESPECTFULLY say that instead of behaving like the trolls who can't accept POC, LGBT & women can make comics and be leads in said comics.

Marvel might understand that. However being hostile towards Inhumans fans to the point of chasing them out of stores, verbal abuse and NONSTOP bashing threads.

The point gets ignored.

And if we are going to cry substitutes for something. African Americans, Native Americans, LGBT & women, all say HELLO. So maybe LGBT, blacks and the rest of those groups should act like X-Men fans and go after the X-men for being substitutes for them?

Oppressed minorities is not exclusive to the X-Men. Never have been NEVER will.
    There is a difference between a "substitute" and an "allegory". The X-men are an allegory for those groups, the Inhumans are being positioned as a substitute for the X-men.

And that's just reality, no matter how much denial some on this board like to wallow in. And no, the X-men do not have exclusive dibs on that allegory, but they have been Marvel's best property for telling those stories by and large. Most comic fans connect X-men most with those themes. (Even though the video above rightly cracks on the fact that they were largely a bunch of white guys)

But I don't think Marvel is interested in "understanding" this at all. The outcry has been vocal from many perspectives and they haven't slowed one bit. Inhumans are unfortunate collateral damage, but the blame lies with Marvel and both fan bases should be in agreement on that.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 10-06-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    A TV show, with 8 hours is much more than the 2 hour movie that you compare to. Pilots always have to give background, exposition, set up. Movies should tell a complete story in one sitting. TV/episodic programming is different.

So it is unfair to say that after only seeing the pilot/first 2 episodes. How do YOU know that the following six hours won't build up the relationships, conflicts, etc. ?
    Most of the franchises I mentioned started building up those relationships and personAL conflicts in the first episode or in the very beginning of the movie.

Inhumans begins with a very complicated premise and doesn't try to really connect viewers to the characters in the pilot, which isn't what you want to do given the already testy situation with the X-Men fans. You're not giving the audience any reason to root for the right chaeacters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    You clearly are confusing what happened at NYCC with the criticism against the Inhumans, it seems to me at least. Since when X-men fans have been against POC LGBTQ, the x-men is a franchise that pretty much is about that stuff lol.

And about the Inhumans, just remindg you that you are bending over yourself to defend stuipd creative decisions fundemented in shallow corporate interests that makes a great deal of disservice to the franchises affected by those decisions, all of them made by a Trump supporter. Good job.
    And why do Inhuman fans keep blaming X-Fans instead of going a step backwards and blame the people WHO CREATED THE TOXIC ENVIRONMENT? Why? Probably because those are the very same people that are probably keeping the Inhumans "franchise" afloat. I guess it's easier to go with the narrative that mean X-Fans all over the world are harassing poor innocent Inhuman fans who just want to read their comics in peace. Apparently, it's a problem.

And IvX did happen, BTW. X-Fans can be critical of both The Inhumans characters and the corporate driven push.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    And why do Inhuman fans keep blaming X-Fans instead of going a step backwards and blame the people WHO CREATED THE TOXIC ENVIRONMENT? Why? Probably because those are the very same people that are probably keeping the Inhumans "franchise" afloat. I guess it's easier to go with the narrative that mean X-Fans all over the world are harassing poor innocent Inhuman fans who just want to read their comics in peace. Apparently, it's a problem.

And IvX did happen, BTW. X-Fans can be critical of both The Inhumans characters and the corporate driven push.
    Because the people who created the toxic environment for the Inhumans fan WAS the vocal minority of X-Fans? We're talking pre-EXM here.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I don't hate the Inhumans nor do i wish them to fail. It would be nice if the X-men vs Inhumans thing was put to a rest. Honestly what hooked me to the X-books back in the 80s and early 90s before everyone and their momma became op, and they were the new Big dogs. I preferred the X-men when we would see them going thru phases of licking their wounds in different ways after a tough battle.

I guess what i'm saying is that, i would like to see things be like they were before and the X-men and Inhumans ended up at odds. I do think similar troupes in X-books can be explored without people claiming they are trying to copy the X-men.Comic book rivalries are cool but i think the IvX thing has played out. We can move on.

I wish the Inhumans well.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because the people who created the toxic environment for the Inhumans fan WAS the vocal minority of X-Fans? We're talking pre-EXM here.
    what toxic enviroment, criticizing a storyline in now creating a toxic enviroment? great excuse to shut down all the criticism. Most of the crisiticism was directed at the handling of the Inhumans and Marvel and not at their fans, besides the ones who brought attention to this situation were many comic book news sites.

what toxic enviroment, criticizing a storyline in now creating a toxic enviroment? great excuse to shut down all the criticism. Most of the crisiticism was directed at the handling of the Inhumans and Marvel and not at their fans, besides the ones who brought attention to this situation were many comic book news sites.
    It's been stated over and over how the splinter group of x-fans behaved.

Spectacular Member

I've yet to see an inhuman fan cheer over an x-men failure. Yet there are posts and threads celebrating when the inhumans show or comics falters. As stated earlier in this thread - I've been flat out told I cannot be both an xmen and inhuman fan by fans of the x-men. That by definition is a toxic environment that goes well beyond criticizing a storyline.

Xmen fans for years have complained about their favorites getting the shaft. And now actively cheer for another franchise to get the same treatment they perceived they did. Fans of the inhumans did not slight the xmen. But xmen fans take it out on other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    But xmen fans take it out on other fans.
    And then play the victim when they get called on their behaviour ...

Amazing Member

I've yet to see an inhuman fan cheer over an x-men failure. Yet there are posts and threads celebrating when the inhumans show or comics falters. As stated earlier in this thread - I've been flat out told I cannot be both an xmen and inhuman fan by fans of the x-men. That by definition is a toxic environment that goes well beyond criticizing a storyline.

Xmen fans for years have complained about their favorites getting the shaft. And now actively cheer for another franchise to get the same treatment they perceived they did. Fans of the inhumans did not slight the xmen. But xmen fans take it out on other fans.
    Yeah well fans expressing hatred towards other franchises of chracters they dislike in boards is pretty common, no one is being damaged by that, unless we are talking about actual harrasment or death threats sent to fans then honestly I don't see what's the big deal about it. Inhumans have an appreciation thread there are other forums too, no one is forcing you to respond or read criticism against the Inhumans, you can block users too. This is an overreaction. And most of the time there was criticism directed more at the creative direction of the franchise.

Last time I check there were people hoping that the Dark Phoenix movie flops "so the rights revert to Marvel", and many disliked Scott and were glad he died, there are many other examples like that. Big news

The Inhumans push ended up being a PR disaster and Marvel has no one to blame but themselves.

BANNED

What choice has Marvel left everyone with? X-men fans are going to fight not to have their favorite marginalized by the company and Inhuman fans are going to fight for the good name of their favorite.

Put yourself in the other side's shoes. If the Inhumans gain steam and become a Daredevil/B-level player in the Marvel universe in ten years and Marvel decided to replace them with the Star Jammers (Because they already got their TV shot and blew it) or whatever....I would expect Inhuman fans to be pretty pissed too. And I wouldn't begrudge them anger or lashing out at Marvel or their replacement. It's what they love and it's being deliberately marginalized. Not because it's fan base is dwindling. Not because the quality is low. But for something totally out of their control (Scott Buck is terrible at his job).

If we're looking to pin blame on anyone for a toxic environment, why is it anyone other than Marvel? They threw both fan bases into a steel cage and lit it on fire. Why would that turn into anything other than a fight? X-men fans should remember Inhuman fans didn't choose this, but Inhuman fans could stand to have some perspective on why X-fans are so righteously (and rightly) pissed off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    What choice has Marvel left everyone with? X-men fans are going to fight not to have their favorite marginalized by the company and Inhuman fans are going to fight for the good name of their favorite.

Put yourself in the other side's shoes. If the Inhumans gain steam and become a Daredevil/B-level player in the Marvel universe in ten years and Marvel decided to replace them with the Star Jammers (Because they already got their TV shot and blew it) or whatever....I would expect Inhuman fans to be pretty pissed too. And I wouldn't begrudge them anger or lashing out at Marvel or their replacement. It's what they love and it's being deliberately marginalized. Not because it's fan base is dwindling. Not because the quality is low. But for something totally out of their control (Scott Buck is terrible at his job).

If we're looking to pin blame on anyone for a toxic environment, why is it anyone other than Marvel? They threw both fan bases into a steel cage and lit it on fire. Why would that turn into anything other than a fight? X-men fans should remember Inhuman fans didn't choose this, but Inhuman fans could stand to have some perspective on why X-fans are so righteously (and rightly) pissed off.
    But threads like these aren't lashing out at marvel. I enjoy the inhuman comics. It's not perfect but I enjoy the inhuman show. X-men fans are cheering for and hoping to take that away from me. That doesn't impact marvel in any way. But you have people, who actively want to take something away from others, simply because it's not what they like.

I will start acting like an xmen fan. When solos start getting canceled because of bad sales. When the gifted's ratings go down or a movie opens to sub par numbers - I'm going to start multiple threads in the forums. "Is it time to start worrying about the xmen?" "Are the xmen failing now?" The inhuman fans don't blame the xmen fans. But the xmen fans sure as hell blame inhuman fans. And it's so ironic - they're all about a franchise that fights for equality and acceptance - but only if it's the kind they want.

I'm going to be like an xmen fan. I'm going to root for the failure of xmen comics and television and movies. I'm going to play victim. Because that's what I've learned reading this thread and the countless others like it. That's what I've learned reading the x forums.

BANNED

But threads like these aren't lashing out at marvel. I enjoy the inhuman comics. It's not perfect but I enjoy the inhuman show. X-men fans are cheering for and hoping to take that away from me. That doesn't impact marvel in any way. But you have people, who actively want to take something away from others, simply because it's not what they like.

I'm going to be like an xmen fan. I'm going to root for the failure of xmen comics and television and movies. I'm going to play victim. Because that's what I've learned reading this thread and the countless others like it. That's what I've learned reading the x forums.
    It absolutely can have an impact on Marvel. As X-fans stand up, vocally and with their dollars, to oppose this contrived swap - it hurts Marvel's bottom line. It damages the brand of what they are trying to push. And it seems to be working to some degree.

X-fans don't want the Inhumans taken away and definitely not because "simply" they don't like them. They want to take away this unnecessary plan to substitute the Inhumans in to the X-men's role in the Marvel Universe because of film rights. Go be the Inhumans and be awesome at it. Just don't marginalize the X-men and try some half-baked plan to replace them with these guys. That won't work well for any party.

What would you have X-fans do....roll over and take it?

BANNED

I'd be more sympathetic toward X-men fans if it wasn't for their bullshit behavior; cheering at internment camps, wanting something they don't like to bomb is not something I want to encourage. They should be happy that the X-men are still around. If Marvel seriously wanted to kill of the entire line of mutants, IvX was their opportunity. But since they're not extinct and getting more pushes from comics, tv and movies, they can stop acting paranoid about a mutant doomsday and just leave the Inhuman franchise alone for those who want to enjoy it without having to worried about people crapping on them every chance they get.

It absolutely can have an impact on Marvel. As X-fans stand up, vocally and with their dollars, to oppose this contrived swap - it hurts Marvel's bottom line. It damages the brand of what they are trying to push. And it seems to be working to some degree.

X-fans don't want the Inhumans taken away and definitely not because "simply" they don't like them. They want to take away this unnecessary plan to substitute the Inhumans in to the X-men's role in the Marvel Universe because of film rights. Go be the Inhumans and be awesome at it. Just don't marginalize the X-men and try some half-baked plan to replace them with these guys. That won't work well for any party.

What would you have X-fans do....roll over and take it?
    Roll over and take what? The 7 comics that came after IvX? A tv show based on mutants currently on Fox? 3 films based on X-men state to premiere next year? Oh boo freaking hoo. The X-men are still around and are not being replaced.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 10-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.

It absolutely can have an impact on Marvel. As X-fans stand up, vocally and with their dollars, to oppose this contrived swap - it hurts Marvel's bottom line.
    See Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite tanking hard. Nobody remembers the X-Men indeed.