View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 64 of 104 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Don't think it'll be that. What I am sure is that Ewing is going to blow it out of the water. Royals has been epic and I'm sad there's going to be a capstone story to it all so soon.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I gotta say I have zero hatred of the men none at all. I never became an reader in part to their success. there were always too many books and I could not keep up. That said I don't mind the characters just never jumped on board. I have been trying the Inhumans since their push. I have mainly read the team books and have enjoyed some.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    1) It appears to be against the rules (though they don't seem to be enforced)
    LOOK AT THE FORUM BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

Is the topic you’re about to introduce already covered in another thread? If so, post your thoughts there. If you suspect the subject of the thread you want start may already exist (for example, starting a thread about a superhero film that’s been in theaters for a month or longer), odds are it does. Your own opinion or review of something is not, in and of itself, necessarily worthy of its own thread. Many ongoing and lapsed discussions exist on our forums, so please use the Search feature. Threads created that ignore these cautions may be merged, closed, or deleted at the moderator’s discretion.

NO TROLLING

Deliberately engaging in behavior for the purposes of harassing, upsetting, or angering others will result in a swift ban from the site.

2) You've made it very clear that you don't understand the emotions on my side or have any interest in it. So why should I bother empathizing with you?
    Seriously though, can someone explain to my why the heck this thread hasn't been locked? It clearly violates multiple forum rules yet has been allowed to go on for 64 pages. Is it just because it's the Inhumans its cool to make threads to troll and shit on their fans?
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The supreme irony on x-fans that is always lost is that they caused their own problems.

They bitched up a storm when Inhumanity happened, they bitched up a storm when the Inhumans got one ongoing. They hated so hard on a franchise that up until that point had absolutely zero impact on their own. Marvel then made IVX to capitalise on the anger of the X-Fans, which x-fans bought purely to complain about.
    Actually I stopped after the first issue, and just went by what other sites/people where saying. I know I should have probably not argued in the forums etc without reading the book, but I have to say... I just hated that story. I am sorry, I love Marvel but what they did with DoX/IvX is a horrendous, offensive pecie of garbage which both Inhumans and Mutant fans should be ashamed off.

Very hard to be sympathetic to people whose hatred caused them more problems. It's also kinda sad that the franchise about tolerance can't tolerate another franchise that didn't affect them.
    While I stand by the statement that we are talking about only a handful of X-Fans compared to others... it is horrible when X-Fans do spew venom at other fans or cheer on the death of another franchise. I get the level of emotion that is involved, but we should all be better then that.

I don't understand why their books are even considered rivals when at their core they are polar opposites thematically. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how effed up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws European aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how effed up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. They can't be rivals when they are polar opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't understand why their books are even considered rivals when at their core they are polar opposites thematically. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how effed up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws European aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how effed up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. They can't be rivals when they are polar opposites.
    I first noticed the "online warfare" when AoS introduced them, those are the "nuhumans" type of inhumans right? After that it was everywhere it seems.

I'm pretty new to comics so i wasnt around the "comic forums" in 2014-2015.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The supreme irony on x-fans that is always lost is that they caused their own problems.

They bitched up a storm when Inhumanity happened, they bitched up a storm when the Inhumans got one ongoing. They hated so hard on a franchise that up until that point had absolutely zero impact on their own. Marvel then made IVX to capitalise on the anger of the X-Fans, which x-fans bought purely to complain about.

Very hard to be sympathetic to people whose hatred caused them more problems. It's also kinda sad that the franchise about tolerance can't tolerate another franchise that didn't affect them.

Comic fans will buy comics even when they hate what's inside them. Marvel knows this and that's why they never "listen" because no matter what they do fans will buy the books and hope for the best.

The Inhumans franchise DID affect the Xbooks because they were forced into a crappy crossover and a few one-off issues focusing on the Inhumans. If they had NEVER done that crossover it wouldn't have been an issue, but you literally have a video of marvel writers/editors saying that one side is better than the other. Not to mention they completely F*&(ed up Emma Frost...and from what I've seen of Royals they've also completely screwed over Medusa as well.

NOTHING good came of this.

Incredible Member

Unlike the X-characters, the Inhumans work best when they appear occAssionally in other titles. I stand by that statement.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post

While I stand by the statement that we are talking about only a handful of X-Fans compared to others... it is horrible when X-Fans do spew venom at other fans or cheer on the death of another franchise. I get the level of emotion that is involved, but we should all be better then that.
    And most X-Fans I speak to are better than that, but most X-Fans posting in this thread aren't. At least all the Inhuman hate in the x-forum mostly stays in the Complex thread, but we get a new hate thread in this section every few weeks.

Yet next to never has there been posts praying for the x-men franchise to die, I think it's kind of telling how the fandom supposedly feeling victimised in this situation is the one being the most abusive and disgusting. And thats without provocation, they've been doing this crap since before the terrigen mist harming mutants was even a thing.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Unlike the X-characters, the Inhumans work best when they appear occAssionally in other titles. I stand by that statement.
    I don't think anyone can read those guest appearances from Hulk books and say that's how they work best. To me, that's just like saying they work best out of sight and out of mind.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think anyone can read those guest appearances from Hulk books and say that's how they work best. To me, that's just like saying they work best out of sight and out of mind.
    That's what they meant, it's essentially the ball-less way to say go away Inhumans.

And Royals has been good, Inhuman was good, Uncanny Inhumans was mostly good, Secret Warriors was good, Attilan Rising was good. The only person who says Inhumans only work outside of their ongoings aren't reading the books.

Which honestly shocks no one.

BANNED

XMEN fans can be dicks but unlike Inhuman fans, I've never heard an Xfan try to justify a genocide by blaming it on the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    XMEN fans can be dicks but unlike Inhuman fans, I've never heard an Xfan try to justify a genocide by blaming it on the victims.
    Lol, is this a bad time to point out its comics.

One side is arguing about the story while the other is saying they don't like the books you read (which they dont read), but they think you shouldn't be allowed to have them anymore.

If you want to cast people as assholes, the ones giddy at the idea of taking enjoyment away from someone else is always gonna win the lead role in the asshole army.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Not the biggest die-hard X-Men fan but if Marvel ever comes up with a new team franchise that will be successful on the big screen and in the comics is the day the X-Men line will shrivel and die. X-Men comics are abundant only by default thru the lack of the Inhumans' success.
    what are the avengers and guardians .. chopped liver?

yours is a nonsensical comment. as long as FOX keep the momentum they have built with deadpool, logan, gifted, and legion, the x-men are not going anywhere in your lifetime.

inhumans still has a chance to right their ship. sounds like great strides are being made with the black bolt solo. if they can find a way to pivot the show (may mean rebooting completely), then they'll carve out their own space.

once again, i am disappointed to come back to this forum and see the fandoms gossiping about each other ..

did anyone catch episode 2 of inhuman? improvement, more of the same, etc?

Astonishing Member

This thread is awful.