View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 67 of 104 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1546
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Just admit you're all threatened that X-men isn't Marvel's number one favorite. That's what this all is. You don't want to share the spotlight you want it all to yourselves.

There's room for both X-men and Inhumans and despite the bullshit I've experienced from some fans of the X-men I stand by that statement.
    The X-men haven't been in the "spotlight" since 2000, in fact even when they were more prominent like in the 90s they still were pretty insulated in their own corner of the MU. Outside of event like Onslaught they didn't get very involved with the other franchises.

Being "the favorites", which they aren't, isn't the problem, actually I don't think the editors like the X-men at all, they are pretty much stuck with the comics because they sell. But they started to build another franchise using all the X-men tropes on them and pretty much trying to sideline the X-men by cutting down the number of titles among other things.

The X-men and the Inhumans have been coexisting since the 60s actually but in this highly corporate enviroment in Marvel I don't think this could be the case anymore, the push of the Inhumans didn't go as well as planned but they will keep going with it, and honestly with the time they could pretty much succeed which will mean they wouldn'thave any reason to keep publish a franchise they can't get 100% of profit, yeah pretty much the success of the Inhumans means the downfall of the X-men.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    The X-men haven't been in the "spotlight" since 2000, in fact even when they were more prominent like in the 90s they still were pretty insulated in their own corner of the MU. Outside of event like Onslaught they didn't get very involved with the other franchises.
    That's not really fair. The X-Men may have had just their own events (leaving aside books like X-Men vs. Avengers and X-Men vs. the Fantastic Four), but the other books absolutely got disrupted by the X-Men events (particularly Fall of the Mutants and Inferno). Fatal Attractions, of course, was an Avengers/X-Men crossover. Of the non-X-Men events the X-Men interacted in, they were disrupted by Secret Wars II just like everyone else.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

My issue with the Inhumans started when the word "mutant" was swapped for "inhuman" in Agents of SHIELD. It's not that X-Men aren't in the spotlight. It was Marvel looking to erase the X-Men because of the film rights. Marvel didn't try to work with Fox and the tv producers (including Joss Whedon's brother Zack) didn't bother fighting to use mutants. They were replaced with Inhumans.

I've never liked the Inhuman Royal Family and I'm annoyed that Marvel editors never seem to understand that there are different fans who read different books and no matter how much they try, Claremontian X-Men fans aren't going to like Inhumans or Avengers.

I wasn't going to let the execs get away with thinking that mutants and inhumans can be swapped without there being a fan backlash nor let Marvel think that X-Men fans can just be moved to readers of other books that they want us to read based on film rights.

Being "the favorites", which they aren't, isn't the problem, actually I don't think the editors like the X-men at all, they are pretty much stuck with the comics because they sell. But they started to build another franchise using all the X-men tropes on them and pretty much trying to sideline the X-men by cutting down the number of titles among other things.

The X-men and the Inhumans have been coexisting since the 60s actually but in this highly corporate enviroment in Marvel I don't think this could be the case anymore, the push of the Inhumans didn't go as well as planned but they will keep going with it, and honestly with the time they could pretty much succeed which will mean they wouldn'thave any reason to keep publish a franchise they can't get 100% of profit, yeah pretty much the success of the Inhumans means the downfall of the X-men.
    It wasn't till the 2010's did the X-Men starting less focus I mean the 90's were their heyday but the 00's got some pretty impressive creators on them and Wolverine was everywhere to the point it became annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    My issue with the Inhumans started when the word "mutant" was swapped for "inhuman" in Agents of SHIELD. It's not that X-Men aren't in the spotlight. It was Marvel looking to erase the X-Men because of the film rights. Marvel didn't try to work with Fox and the tv producers (including Joss Whedon's brother Zack) didn't bother fighting to use mutants. They were replaced with Inhumans.

I've never liked the Inhuman Royal Family and I'm annoyed that Marvel editors never seem to understand that there are different fans who read different books and no matter how much they try, Claremontian X-Men fans aren't going to like Inhumans or Avengers.

I wasn't going to let the execs get away with thinking that mutants and inhumans can be swapped without there being a fan backlash nor let Marvel think that X-Men fans can just be moved to readers of other books that they want us to read based on film rights.
    I think things have gotten better and I understand using Inhumans as a stand in for Mutants in the MCU. But it was cutting the X-Men and FF from merchandise even replacing them in shirts of reprinted covers with Inhumans, Black Panther, and Iron Fist and Luke Cage that ticked me off.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's not really fair. The X-Men may have had just their own events (leaving aside books like X-Men vs. Avengers and X-Men vs. the Fantastic Four), but the other books absolutely got disrupted by the X-Men events (particularly Fall of the Mutants and Inferno). Fatal Attractions, of course, was an Avengers/X-Men crossover. Of the non-X-Men events the X-Men interacted in, they were disrupted by Secret Wars II just like everyone else.
    the reason to include other series was probably to pump up sales of other less selling books (specially in the 90s) ,the X-men were best sellers, they still sell pretty well, so I don't see nothing wrong with that, but there weren't that much of event involving the MU, the worst was probably Onslaught that affected the entire MU to relauch other series. In my opinion the X-men were pretty much in their own universe. After HoM they still remained in their own corner...

Actually you're thinking of Bloodlines since Fatal Attractions was purely X-Men. The issues involved were X-Factor, X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Wolverine and Excalibur. Bloodlines started immediately after and crossed between the main Avengers series and X-Men.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think things have gotten better and I understand using Inhumans as a stand in for Mutants in the MCU. But it was cutting the X-Men and FF from merchandise even replacing them in shirts of reprinted covers with Inhumans, Black Panther, and Iron Fist and Luke Cage that ticked me off.
    The problem is that they started to the same with the comics where there is no reason to do that. But I'm sure their objective is to publish all MCU comics, nevermind the Avengeers, Gotg and Invincible IronMan aren't selling very well. I don't believe movies do that much to increase sales of comics.

the reason to include other series was probably to pump up sales of other less selling books (specially in the 90s) ,the X-men were best sellers, they still sell pretty well, so I don't see nothing wrong with that, but there weren't that much of event involving the MU, the worst was probably Onslaught that affected the entire MU to relauch other series. In my opinion the X-men were pretty much in their own universe. After HoM they still remained in their own corner...
    Well in the 60's the Avengers played a lot with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's past in the Brotherhood with a few stories with Magneto and Toad.

You had Beast in the Avengers, Ms. Marvel and Rogue, and The Shi'Ar have effected the Galactic Stage of the Marvel Universe quite a few times. The X-Men were always well integrated into the larger Marvel Universe and usually part of the company wide events but much like Spider-Man, Avengers, or FF their own events rarely effected the larger Marvel Universe.

The problem is that they started to the same with the comics where there is no reason to do that. But I'm sure their objective is to publish all MCU comics, nevermind the Avengeers, Gotg and Invincible IronMan aren't selling very well. I don't believe movies do that much to increase sales of comics.
    The X-Men more than anyone got me into reading comics regularly but the Avengers and their solo characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor have always been mainstay solo titles so I assume their sales while not as high as some X-Books have always been decent.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Actually you're thinking of Bloodlines since Fatal Attractions was purely X-Men. The issues involved were X-Factor, X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Wolverine and Excalibur. Bloodlines started immediately after and crossed between the main Avengers series and X-Men.
    Ah ****, I was thinking of Bloodties (not lines). I think there was a mention of Fatal Attractions in it (as a book someone was writing or something) that threw me off.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well in the 60's the Avengers played a lot with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's past in the Brotherhood with a few stories with Magneto and Toad.

You had Beast in the Avengers, Ms. Marvel and Rogue, and The Shi'Ar have effected the Galactic Stage of the Marvel Universe quite a few times. The X-Men were always well integrated into the larger Marvel Universe and usually part of the company wide events but much like Spider-Man, Avengers, or FF their own events rarely effected the larger Marvel Universe.
    For me in the 60s Spidey, FF and the Avengers were the most centric part of the mu. But anyways my points is, The X-men must have been Marvel favorites when most of their profitis came from the publishing 80s 90s, now their profits comes from licenses of movies, so Avengers , GoTG and aything they own all the films/TV rights are their favorites lol. And they would prbably like to focus solely on them probably. Unlucky for them the X-men still sell so they have to keep publishing them.

I doubt aanyone at Marvel, outside of Clareremont gives a **** about the X-men. The problem is when Marvel tries to completly ignore all that fanbase that still follow the x-men. Or trying to forced them to like them oher properties because it suits their interest the best.

Ah ****, I was thinking of Bloodties (not lines). I think there was a mention of Fatal Attractions in it (as a book someone was writing or something) that threw me off.
    Fatal Attractions had cameos of Nick Fury, Reed Richards, and Thing when Magneto knocked out the world's power that about it. Now Quicksilver played a part and his and Wanda's past with Magneto is brought up but Pietro was in X-Factor at the time.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Medusa was quite belligerent and vengeful throughout Soule's tenure. I remember at one point she basically dedicates her entire kingdom towards ruining Tony Stark's life...like it was just so petty I had to roll my eyes. Very OoC but it is what it is.
    Are we going to casually forget the why?

He invaded a sovereign nation, attacked the royalty of said nation and kidnapped one of it's citizens completely unprovoked. The Inhumans don't take kindly to invasion, but sure, you can act like Medusa protecting her city and responding in a nicer way than Stark deserved, was petty ...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Are we going to casually forget the why?

He invaded a sovereign nation, attacked the royalty of said nation and kidnapped one of it's citizens completely unprovoked. The Inhumans don't take kindly to invasion, but sure, you can act like Medusa protecting her city and responding in a nicer way than Stark deserved, was petty ...
    A Sovereign who citizens constantly illegally enter and leave the United States whenever they want so Medusa can get off her high horse with any outrage.