View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 68 of 104 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1546

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Are we going to casually forget the why?

He invaded a sovereign nation, attacked the royalty of said nation and kidnapped one of it's citizens completely unprovoked. The Inhumans don't take kindly to invasion, but sure, you can act like Medusa protecting her city and responding in a nicer way than Stark deserved, was petty ...
    I wouldn't call what Medusa did "nice" (especially since it affected people beyond Tony) but then again, no one was done any favors in that story.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    A Sovereign who citizens constantly illegally enter and leave the United States whenever they want so Medusa can get off her high horse with any outrage.
    We've no proof of this, Medusa established Attilan was sovereign in Inhuman so there's no reason to assume she didn't do all the necessary politicing with the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wouldn't call what Medusa did "nice" (especially since it affected people beyond Tony) but then again, no one was done any favors in that story.
    Medusa only targeted Tony, anything that affected others like the destruction of Stark Tower was not done on her orders and was performed by her enemies.

And it was nice, since their first impulse was to hunt Stark down and beat the crap out of him. Carol requested they don't do that so Medusa did the next best thing.

There is one thing that I have been wondering about Medusa if someone can give me an answer. In the comics Medusa's hair is supposed to be indestructible... can it be cut by Adamantium. So let's say she uses her hair to grab Wolverine would he be able to use his claws to cut through it?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

We've no proof of this, Medusa established Attilan was sovereign in Inhuman so there's no reason to assume she didn't do all the necessary politicing with the US.

Medusa only targeted Tony, anything that affected others like the destruction of Stark Tower was not done on her orders and was performed by her enemies.

And it was nice, since their first impulse was to hunt Stark down and beat the crap out of him. Carol requested they don't do that so Medusa did the next best thing.
    Last time I checked Lockjaw didn't stop thru customs when teleporting.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    There is one thing that I have been wondering about Medusa if someone can give me an answer. In the comics Medusa's hair is supposed to be indestructible... can it be cut by Adamantium. So let's say she uses her hair to grab Wolverine would he be able to use his claws to cut through it?
    Medusa's hair cannot be cut unless she wills it to be cut. So adamantium wouldn't do anything to it.
    Last time I checked Lockjaw didn't stop thru customs when teleporting.
    Why he even need to? He's a member of the royal family, diplomatic immunity.

Medusa's hair cannot be cut unless she wills it to be cut. So adamantium wouldn't do anything to it.

Why he even need to? He's a member of the royal family, diplomatic immunity.
    Is he a Pet or an actual member of the family transformed by the terrigen? Because if it's the latter and they treat a family member like a dog then the Royals are more of S.O.B.'s then I thought.

My issue with the Inhumans started when the word "mutant" was swapped for "inhuman" in Agents of SHIELD. It's not that X-Men aren't in the spotlight. It was Marvel looking to erase the X-Men because of the film rights. Marvel didn't try to work with Fox and the tv producers (including Joss Whedon's brother Zack) didn't bother fighting to use mutants. They were replaced with Inhumans.
    Funny thing is I was watching aos on the TiVo with some family members who were not comic fans and they asked me if the inhumans are X-Men! (lol!) So yeah they are mutants in aos.

That's not really fair. The X-Men may have had just their own events (leaving aside books like X-Men vs. Avengers and X-Men vs. the Fantastic Four), but the other books absolutely got disrupted by the X-Men events (particularly Fall of the Mutants and Inferno). Fatal Attractions, of course, was an Avengers/X-Men crossover. Of the non-X-Men events the X-Men interacted in, they were disrupted by Secret Wars II just like everyone else.
    Don't forget mutant massacre where thor, power pack and daredecil got mixed up in the crossover! Thor was great in this crossover as they reversed the "good guys run away from the bad guys" roll and had the bad guys running in panic from thor! He was like the hulk in this story with the bad guys really scared of him! Power pack was great also throwing sabertooth like a doll and making him run like a baby!

I think things have gotten better and I understand using Inhumans as a stand in for Mutants in the MCU. But it was cutting the X-Men and FF from merchandise even replacing them in shirts of reprinted covers with Inhumans, Black Panther, and Iron Fist and Luke Cage that ticked me off.

[IMG][/IMG]

Nuff said.

Is he a Pet or an actual member of the family transformed by the terrigen? Because if it's the latter and they treat a family member like a dog then the Royals are more of S.O.B.'s then I thought.
    No one knows, either way pet or royal or royal pet, he's still considered a core family member. So he'd be covered under diplomatic immunity.

No one knows, either way pet or royal or royal pet, he's still considered a core family member. So he'd be covered under diplomatic immunity.
    Actually I'm not too sure that is how diplomatic immunity works. In the UK only the heads of state have diplomatic immunity because the Queen's sister was charged and convicted of her dog biting someone. That makes me think that Black Bolt and Medusa would have diplomatic immunity but any of their family members will not, even if they're the heir. People like Karnak and Crystal would still be susceptible to the law and Lockjaw wouldn't stand a chance.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    My issue with the Inhumans started when the word "mutant" was swapped for "inhuman" in Agents of SHIELD. It's not that X-Men aren't in the spotlight. It was Marvel looking to erase the X-Men because of the film rights. Marvel didn't try to work with Fox and the tv producers (including Joss Whedon's brother Zack) didn't bother fighting to use mutants. They were replaced with Inhumans.
    Do we have anything confirming that Marvel didn't try to work out any sort of deal with FOX to permit the use of the word "mutant" for the TV show?
    Do we know if FOX would have been receptive to the idea, or if it would have been a question of one side wanting more $'s than the other would have been willing to pay?
    I believe Marvel was recently able to do a deal with Sony for use of Spider-Man in movies (mind you, Marvel did not get back all the licensing rights to the character yet) in part because Sony wasn't doing quite as well with recent Spider-Man movies; I don't know if FOX is in the same boat with the X-Men franchise. (And considering how much FOX seems reluctant to give up the licensing rights on the X-Men and even the Fantastic Four franchises since they got such a steal of a deal when those agreements were first made eons ago, who knows how much blame should fall on the present-day Disney/Marvel people.)

Actually I'm not too sure that is how diplomatic immunity works. In the UK only the heads of state have diplomatic immunity because the Queen's sister was charged and convicted of her dog biting someone. That makes me think that Black Bolt and Medusa would have diplomatic immunity but any of their family members will not, even if they're the heir. People like Karnak and Crystal would still be susceptible to the law and Lockjaw wouldn't stand a chance.
    But if that happened within the country in which the Queen's sister is a legal resident, I don't think you can claim "diplomatic immunity".
    (Doesn't diplomatic immunity only deal with foreign citizens in situations that occur outside of their home countries?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But if that happened within the country in which the Queen's sister is a legal resident, I don't think you can claim "diplomatic immunity".
    (Doesn't diplomatic immunity only deal with foreign citizens in situations that occur outside of their home countries?)
    I think it means that you're above the law. Like the Queen for example cannot be convicted of a crime in the UK. If the heads of state from another country come they are also immune but not their families.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe Marvel was recently able to do a deal with Sony for use of Spider-Man in movies (mind you, Marvel did not get back all the licensing rights to the character yet) in part because Sony wasn't doing quite as well with recent Spider-Man movies; I don't know if FOX is in the same boat with the X-Men franchise. (And considering how much FOX seems reluctant to give up the licensing rights on the X-Men and even the Fantastic Four franchises since they got such a steal of a deal when those agreements were first made eons ago, who knows how much blame should fall on the present-day Disney/Marvel people.)
    marvel and FOX are now working together on both legion (FX) and the gifted (FOX), but FOX still retains all decision-making powers when it comes to live action portrayals. marvel is not allowed to use the word "mutant" outside of the comics.

I think it means that you're above the law. Like the Queen for example cannot be convicted of a crime in the UK. If the heads of state from another country come they are also immune but not their families.
    Diplomatic immunity only applies overseas, the Queen cannot be convicted of a crime in the UK because all justice is carried out in her name. She cannot prosecute herself by proxy. It's not a diplomatic immunity issue.

Astonishing Member

I just looked up diplomatic immunity on google, and saw
    People also ask: How do you get diplomatic immunity?
    A: It depends on your rank. Top diplomatic officers have full immunity, as do their deputies and families. That means ambassadors can commit just about any crime—from jaywalking to murder—and still be immune from prosecution. They can't be arrested or forced to testify in court.