View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1546
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    The X-Men books are good sellers, the X-Men films make a decent profit for Fox, the X-Men TV shows have critical praise and high viewership.
    Inhumans have a higher viewership then legion.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well the X-Men only have two years on the Inhumans but when we're talking 50+ years it isn't really much.

When you're saying two decent films I assume that you're not forgetting X-Men 2 are you? It is still considered the best X-Men film and I don't think actors particularly pushed for that one to be made. In the Gifted they still use the word mutant a lot which the vast majority of people know is the X-Men. I do find it funny that a show about B and C list X-Men characters are doing better than the show with the A-List (in comparison to the others) Inhuman character.

I'm more than certain that the Inhumans will be dropped if Marvel get the X-Men film rights. Why bother with the copycats when you have the genuine article?
    The X-Men as a franchise failed under Stan Lee and only became popular due to Claremont. The Inhumans were dotted around and seldom used effectively because both the X-Men and Inhumans failed their purpose. Both were created as a means to invent powered superheroes without needing an origin story, the Inhumans were well recieved in FF and mostly kept to back up features and the odd series before not much coming from it, the X-Men held their own title for a bit before being cancelled and replaced by reprints until Marvel left intern Claremont have them. Neither were terribly huge players, the difference is the X-Men got Claremont and the Inhumans haven't been given their Claremont yet.

I said 3 decent films, X2, Deadpool and Logan.

I'm not sure why you'd find it funny? The Inhumans was plagued with production issues and handicaps from the get go, the Gifted wasn't.

If you think the Inhumans are copying the X-Men, you really need to read some Inhumans books to avoid looking like you've zero idea about what you've spent pages and pages posting about.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    i wasn't aware of this, but it's true. The Inhumans avergae 1.5m more viewers per episode than Legion.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 11-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Legion's on basic cable. I would hope Inhumans has a higher viewership.

Well it was the late Len Wein and Dave Cockrum who got the X-Men up and started again.

But X-Men DOFP was a good film despite some faults.

Yeah but it still has the Inhumans that are supposed to be the most recognisable. They are falling short against a guy who was killed during his third comic book appearance and the least well known child of Magneto.

One series is about a group of people who have superpowers because they were born with them. The other series is about a group of people who have super powers because they were born with them.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Legion's on basic cable. I would hope Inhumans has a higher viewership.
    I'm british so I may need some things clarifying for me.

But ABC and the CW are basically the same calibre of network?

Arrow season 1 got lower ratings than the Inhumans did, but Arrow is considered successful but the Inhumans isn't.

Legion is on cable so we give them a lower bar for views, but they still got 1.5m less views than the Inhumans but we're still considering the Inhumans a failure but Legion a smash hit success.

It does seem like the Inhumans are being hit with people moving the goal posts.

Extraordinary Member

They are falling short against a guy who was killed during his third comic book appearance
    I don't want to look it up.
    Who was that?

I don't want to look it up.
    Who was that?
    Thunderbird. I believe.

Though this is based on the idea droves and droves of Thunderbird fans are tuning in to the Gifted, which is frankly bollocks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Arrow season 1 got lower ratings than the Inhumans did, but Arrow is considered successful but the Inhumans isn't.

Legion is on cable so we give them a lower bar for views, but they still got 1.5m less views than the Inhumans but we're still considering the Inhumans a failure but Legion a smash hit success.

The numbers for inhumans and the gifted viewership is higher if you include the dvr numbers.
    For legion i have not seen the dvr numbers but i bet it's lower then inhumans.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-12-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Thunderbird. I believe.

Though this is based on the idea droves and droves of Thunderbird fans are tuning in to the Gifted, which is frankly bollocks.
    Yes.Okay but i thought he died years later not in his third appearance.

Thunderbird was a bad ass who did go on his own terms.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Yes.Okay but i thought he died years later not in his third appearance.
    He died three issues are being introduced.

The numbers for inhumans and the gifted viewship is higher if you include the dvr numbers.
    For legion i have not seen the dvr numbers but i bet it's lower then inhumans.
    I have going by total ratings which include DVR.

The gifted averages around 6 million, Legion averages 0.8 million, Arrow season 1 averaged 2.6 million and the Inhumans average 3.5 million.

ABC and CW may not be cable channels, but they are not the same caliber of network. There are much lower expectations for the CW than there are for ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    ABC and CW may not be cable channels, but they are not the same caliber of network. There are much lower expectations for the CW than there are for ABC.
    If they are both free channels supported by commercials, I don't understand how this makes sense.

Could you go into more detail please?

Extraordinary Member

He died three issues are being introduced.
    Okay i looked it up carefully this time.
    I did not realized he died that early,but he came back years later and died again.

If they are both free channels supported by commercials, I don't understand how this makes sense.

Could you go into more detail please?
    The CW primarily is known for its appeal to younger demographics, which is very important to advertisers. Even though their market is much smaller than an older network like ABC's, shows on their network like Riverdale can still be seen as successful even if they don't have incredibly high ratings numbers.

(There's also the appeal shows such as Riverdale can have to streaming services, who will pay top dollar for streaming rights in a bid to court their audience.)