View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
450. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

339 75.33%
  • Too Early To Say

46 10.22%
  • No

65 14.44%
Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1546
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, I still like Quake and AoS....

As for Secret Warriors, it took a nosedive as the team just isn't strong. The original also wasn't full of only Inhumans or a daycare but more of a spythriller.

Kamala Khan is written poorly in it too and comes off as a jealous, self-centered hypocrite who keeps fighting with Quake, the leader and much more experienced member, over petty and childish reasons.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-14-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Niffleheim

Quake is the Leader? Maybe self-appointed but there is no real leader in Secret Warrior. Kamala just doesn't FIT the group at all. Considering her mission statement for Champions Quake seems to come across as a murderous fiend while Kamala the disapproving older wise seasoned hero.

I liked "Legion" on its own merits - and I'm no big fan of X-related movies. It was +/- pretentious but very unique, abstract, somewhat cerebral, etc.

Having said that I enjoyed Inhumans as much as possible. I thought the main 3 actors were engaged with their plots/characters but could suffer when the dialog/script was not as strong at some times. I'm comfortable with saying that not everything can/should depend on kick-butt CGI; it certainly had some things that could have been better but it just isn't enough for me to whine, moan, or otherwise beat up on them because I'm just an X-fan after all is said and done (I'm not, that's snark)

I wouldn't be surprised if Secret Warriors gets axed soon. Still surprised with Moon Girl still going since now both her solo book and team book sell really low. Is the Schoolastic contract really that profitable?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Secret Warriors gets axed soon. Still surprised with Moon Girl still going since now both her solo book and team book sell really low. Is the Schoolastic contract really that profitable?
    Don't forget about digitals. Apparently Moon Girl does really well in digitals.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Don't forget about digitals. Apparently Moon Girl does really well in digitals.
    Oh yeah there is that but I'm wondering if it makes that much of a difference.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Oh yeah there is that but I'm wondering if it makes that much of a difference.
    I can only assume it makes enough of a difference to keep Moon Girl going. Otherwise I'd have thought it got cancelled a few months ago already.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I can only assume it makes enough of a difference to keep Moon Girl going. Otherwise I'd have thought it got cancelled a few months ago already.
    Few months, most likely around a year or more since it is consistently in the bottom 5 selling books of the month by Marvel. I do think that if the Inhuman push ends it will be one of the surviving titles.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    However, it's noteworthy that they were not retconned into being Inhumans at all, despite what some people thought would happen.
    Those behind the MCU were not enthusiastic about making a Inhumans film.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-17-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I wasn't talking about the MCU, I was talking about the MU.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't think the Inhumans are going anywhere for a while.

Even if Royals and SW go away I think they will still have inhuman characters on teams like Champions and Avengers more often than not.

Ms Marvel and Black Bolt have strong followings and They can build on that.

I do wonder if Superhero TV is dead. At least on the big 4 networks where they seek bigger numbers.

Inhumans have been around to long to go anywhere. Failed is a relative term. X-Men, Avengers, FF have all "failed" at one time or another.

Now whether they were intended to be - or can be developed to be, something beyond comic media is a more involved conversation.

For what its worth I've rethought my positions on the TV show. Though I mostly liked or tried to like it, I think the ending was not that great.

We are left with the entire race (not fully disclosed but appears to be a couple hundred at least)

left/led to earth. With nothing. None of their technology, or not clearly shown. No resources or knowledge of what their resources would be.

They would seem to be on an island of Hawaii, but again, where? How would these folks be expected to move into Earth or USA type society.

So maybe a further season or special would be helpful. As it is

its dangling unresolved plot threads. Clearly it could mean they had hoped it would be more than a season.

On the other hand, they probably did not develop as cohesively and as with as much details as they should have.

Sure... they probably were (on some level, producers, showrunners, whoever) trying to compete with X-Men properties.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Quake is the Leader? Maybe self-appointed but there is no real leader in Secret Warrior. Kamala just doesn't FIT the group at all. Considering her mission statement for Champions Quake seems to come across as a murderous fiend while Kamala the disapproving older wise seasoned hero.
    Well if going by the 5 man band trope Quake is the leader, and Ms. Marvel the Lancer, the counter to the leader. But what she does is try to keep the others from crossing the line.

I liked AoS' take, even if it was rather a Mutant ripoff, since we couldn't get them. But the actual Inhumans TV series itself was dire!

Now that the X-Men are more prominent in the comics and the Inhumans have been shipped off to space (AFAIK I haven't followed them post IVX) things are getting better.

Just need the rumoured Disney deal to go through so we can get better X-Men movies. (I like the existing ones but imagine a MCU take would be even better.) Then the Inhumans will be forgotten on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Inhumans have been around to long to go anywhere. Failed is a relative term. X-Men, Avengers, FF have all "failed" at one time or another.

Now whether they were intended to be - or can be developed to be, something beyond comic media is a more involved conversation.

For what its worth I've rethought my positions on the TV show. Though I mostly liked or tried to like it, I think the ending was not that great.

We are left with the entire race (not fully disclosed but appears to be a couple hundred at least)

left/led to earth. With nothing. None of their technology, or not clearly shown. No resources or knowledge of what their resources would be.

They would seem to be on an island of Hawaii, but again, where? How would these folks be expected to move into Earth or USA type society.

So maybe a further season or special would be helpful. As it is

its dangling unresolved plot threads. Clearly it could mean they had hoped it would be more than a season.

On the other hand, they probably did not develop as cohesively and as with as much details as they should have.

Sure... they probably were (on some level, producers, showrunners, whoever) trying to compete with X-Men properties.
    I think some says there about 1400 in the city.

I can't say I liked the show but it kept me curious enough to watch all of it.

I think it would be better in a second season but I doubt we will get that.

Superhero TV seems to be taking a lot of hits even as it continues to expand.