Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who among X-Men had the worst childhood?

Seems like an obligatory requirement of joining X-Men is having an abusive, lonely or plainly shitty childhood. You could count on one hand mutants who have been raised in a happy and stable environment with loving parents or who haven't been orphaned. Otherwise, it's like a scary Olympic contest of who had it the worst as a child and teen. Now, it's up to you to pick those who should have Child Protective Services on speed dial. Who do you think had it the worst when it comes to parents or the lack of thereof?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Gambit's was pretty bad until he met Jean Luc and was adopted into the thieves guild. Be basically became a prince of sorts. But even after that he had to live with the reality if constantly having his life threatened with assassination and routinely watching people around him get killed. Friends, family etc. But before he was adopted he was pretty much homeless with the idea of him being abused physically and sexually by a local supervillain-crime boss called "the Pig".
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Laura even if the prostitution thing is canon or not ( im not sure). she was raised has a weapon not a person. forced to do many horrible things even an adult would have problem doing
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-04-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Probably Rachel/Cable since they grew up in apocalyptic futures.

But a lot of the X-Men had messed-up childhoods.

Jean felt her best friend due in her head at the age of 10, almost died herself and then spent a year in a coma

Storm's home got bombed, which killed her parents and left her with crippling claustrophobia and then she was trained as a thief in Cairo .

Scott had to leave his parents in a burning plane and jump with his younger brother. He then was put in a orphanage secretly run by Mister Sinister who had a young clone (I think?) called Nathan that bullied him all whilswhilst dealing with uncontrollable blasts that came from his eyes

I could go on...
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 09-04-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Karma, her sister & mom getting raped by human traffickers is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Probably Rachel/Cable since they grew up in apocalyptic futures.

But a lot of the X-Men had messed-up childhoods.

Jean felt her best friend due in her head at the age of 10, almost died herself and then spent a year in a coma

Storm's home got bombed, which killed her parents and left her with crippling claustrophobia and then she was trained as a thief in Cairo .

Scott had to leave his parents in a burning plane and jump with his younger brother. He then was put in a orphanage secretly run by Mister Sinister who had a young clone (I think?) called Nathan that bullied him all whilswhilst dealing with uncontrollable blasts that came from his eyes

I could go on...
    Originally Nathan the young boy in the orphanage was going to be the "real" Sinister his powers was he aged much slower than a normal human and thus was like in his 50's but looked 10 and was going to be in child form for many more decades which frustrated him. The adult Sinister was his creation to be his "front" so no one knew he was a kid hence the stupid name as Claremont said Mr. Sinister it's what a child would consider intimidating. But after Claremont left they went the Victorian scientist angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Originally Nathan the young boy in the orphanage was going to be the "real" Sinister his powers was he aged much slower than a normal human and thus was like in his 50 but looked 10 and was going to be in child form for many more decades which frustrated him. The adult Sinister was his creation to be his "front" so no one knew he was a kid hence the stupid name as Claremont said Mr. Sinister it's what a child would consider intimidating. But after Claremont left they went the Victorian scientist angle.
    Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere. Wasn't Gambit supposed to be one of Sinister's creations too - half Cyclops, half Sinister?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Karma, her sister & mom getting raped by human traffickers is pretty bad.
    Karma's younger sister wasn't, Karma and her mother were.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere. Wasn't Gambit supposed to be one of Sinister's creations too - half Cyclops, half Sinister?
    Ya Gambit was originally going to be a clone made out of both Cyclops and Sinister's DANA. He was originally going to be the person who Bishop predicted betrayed the X-Men but Claremont left and Gambit being popular they made it Xavier instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Ya Gambit was originally going to be a clone made out of both Cyclops and Sinister's DANA. He was originally going to be the person who Bishop predicted betrayed the X-Men but Claremont left and Gambit being popular they made it Xavier instead.
    That would have made things interesting

The X-Men have some terrible childhoods especially the human trafficking ones and X-23. But also Magneto he was in Auschwitz.

That would have made things interesting
    I will admit the Onslaught reveal was cool especially Jean learning Xavier had the hots for her as a teen. I mean that was a great call back and a for Jean to be like eww.

BANNED

Magneto and Karma

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I will admit the Onslaught reveal was cool especially Jean learning Xavier had the hots for her as a teen. I mean that was a great call back and a for Jean to be like eww.
    Yeah, I thought that call back was great to see. It just shows how much writers/ideas have changed from the 60's.

A better question would be, who among X-Men DIDN'T have a messed up childhood?