Default Jean Grey vs Martian Manhunter

Rules:

• Fight to the death
    • Jean Grey isn't the Phoenix but is from early in Morrison's run
    • Set in a major city

Who do you think would win?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Im thinking most versions of mmh are simply superior telepaths including the new 52 version

Then of course there's the bit where Jonn can just knock her out with a bullrush, to use but just one of his 99 powers

1. Martian Manhunter is SOOOOOOOOO much faster than Jean that she's dead before the fight's begun. Also, his TP is Xavier-level, and way above Jean. Of course, this is post-Crisis J'onn. I have no idea about nu-J'onn.

2. Your signature refers to a character called Pyslocke. Is that what happens when you're trying to pee and someone starts talking to you, or do you mean Psylocke?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    1. Martian Manhunter is SOOOOOOOOO much faster than Jean that she's dead before the fight's begun. Also, his TP is Xavier-level, and way above Jean. Of course, this is post-Crisis J'onn. I have no idea about nu-J'onn.

2. Your signature refers to a character called Pyslocke. Is that what happens when you're trying to pee and someone starts talking to you, or do you mean Psylocke?
    Wow- I've not realised I misspelled her name, no else has pointed out and I've had it for over a month now. Thanks for pointing that out
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

Clearly, Martian Manhunter is too OP for Jean herself so do you think that Jean being Phoenix would level the playing field?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Clearly, Martian Manhunter is too OP for Jean herself so do you think that Jean being Phoenix would level the playing field?
    The Phoenix seems to run a pretty wide range of powers depending on how it manifests for a host. Rachel Grey has gone from fighting evenly with Heralds of Galactus (which might still leave her blitz susceptible) to throwing down with Galactus himself.

That being said, a giant psychic bird made of fire representing the universe's collective passions is like, the single best trigger in comics for J'onn's psychological weakness to fire. I honestly think seeing the Phoenix or touching it telepathically would render him catatonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The Phoenix seems to run a pretty wide range of powers depending on how it manifests for a host. Rachel Grey has gone from fighting evenly with Heralds of Galactus (which might still leave her blitz susceptible) to throwing down with Galactus himself.

That being said, a giant psychic bird made of fire representing the universe's collective passions is like, the single best trigger in comics for J'onn's psychological weakness to fire. I honestly think seeing the Phoenix or touching it telepathically would render him catatonic.
    Yes, I totally forgot about his fear of fire. Never mind, her God-level psychic power, if Jean just manifested the Phoenix raptor it would be an instant win