Scott McCullar

Default Kickstarter Campaign launches for THRILL SEEKER COMICS Archive

Hello there.

Some of you guys might remember from a long time ago. I helped Chuck Dixon launch Dixonverse all those years ago and I also used to run The Unofficial Green Arrow Compendium that launched 20 years ago. I even got a chance to briefly work with DC Comics on Green Arrow for a bit. By 2001, I was part of the group of new comic creators that formed Shooting Star Comics where I served as the Creative Director. In that black and white anthology series, I also had a feature called THRILL SEEKER COMICS which was a pulp/action and adventure series.

Life threw me some curveballs with the end of Shooting Star Comics in 2006. From there, I went to grad school to earn my master's degree, continued with my studied martials arts, raised a family, went through a messy divorce, job changes, lived in Japan for a while, fought ninjas, courted many fair maidens, and all sorts of other things. Well, it is over a decade later and I'm looking to get back to writing and drawing brand new comic book stories featuring my characters from THRILL SEEKER COMICS. In doing so, I wanted to collect all my original black and white stories, do a bit of "special edition" updating on touching up the art and stories as well as colorizing the whole project. I did so with the help of my pal Erik Burnham (GHOSTBUSTERS) who acted as editor of the collection and wrote one of the short stories published all those years ago.

So, I'd like to invite you to check out my very first KICKSTARTER campaign to collect all of my THRILL SEEKER COMICS short stories featuring The Yellow Jacket: Man of Mystery™ that were originally published in issues of SHOOTING STAR COMICS ANTHOLOGY into this 128-page full color archive book. After 15 years, I hope this volume will be a foundation book that will help launch a revival of my series that I am planning on releasing soon with new stories. In the meantime, readers can see where it all started! Thanks for looking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...eeker-comicstm

coverforkickstarter.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scott McCullar; 09-04-2017 at 09:57 AM.