Page 95 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3131
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This wouldn't be a big deal if the Vikings were like at 4-5 or something like that really. But they are 7-2 and have a 2 game lead in the NFC North. They have a team clicking on both sides of the ball.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that despite the success Keenum has enjoyed, the Vikings' front office just doesn't trust him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that despite the success Keenum has enjoyed, the Vikings' front office just doesn't trust him.
    Zimmer pretty much said it will be Teddy. He's always liked him.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-14-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Zimmer pretty said it will be Teddy. He's always liked him.
    If I'm Detroit or Green Bay this really opens the door for them. Because Bridgewater could be rusty as he hasn't seen game action since 2015.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That was the Wild Card round.
    You know the wild card round is the first round of the playoffs right?

Big Ben joins the chorus of players who aren't fans of Thursday night games:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...mes/ar-BBEVzkZ

However, the complaints of Roethlisberger and others fall on deaf ears at NFL headquarters, and here's the reason why:

There is money to be made, and fans still do tune in to watch, even if it’s an inferior product.
    I won't deny I'm one of those fans. Even though the games have mostly been ****, it's damned hard to resist watching. Despite plentiful options on Thursday nights, NBA, NHL, college football and now college basketball, the NFL is always at the top of the viewing list.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-14-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Big Ben joins the chorus of players who aren't fans of Thursday night games:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...mes/ar-BBEVzkZ

However, the complaints of Roethlisberger and others fall on deaf ears at NFL headquarters, and here's the reason why:

I won't deny I'm one of those fans. Even though the Thursday games have mostly been ****, it's damned hard to resist watching.
    Is it the Color Rush uniforms?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Instead of a Thursday night game, why not have a Monday night doubleheader. The first game should start at 7PM EST and the second game should have a 10PM start. The second game should be played in the western part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is it the Color Rush uniforms?
    *heavy sigh*

You figured me out. I love those uniforms!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Instead of a Thursday night game, why not have a Monday night doubleheader. The first game should start at 7PM EST and the second game should have a 10PM start. The second game should be played in the western part of the country.
    Don't think people would want to stay up until potentially 1am on the east coast every single week because of a football game.

Personally I don't see what the problem is with having the schedule like it used to be for 30 plus years. 1st and 2nd slate games on Sunday. Then one SNF game. Then one MNF game. Done.

Have teams coming off their bye week play Thursdays, you get to keep about half the games, more if you spread byes out to later in the season and players are coming off rested instead of still near crippled

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Don't think people would want to stay up until potentially 1am on the east coast every single week because of a football game.

Personally I don't see what the problem is with having the schedule like it used to be for 30 plus years. 1st and 2nd slate games on Sunday. Then one SNF game. Then one MNF game. Done.
    Because the NFL is hungry for money, and they know people will watch the Thursday games, even if they mostly suck eggs.

Because the NFL is hungry for money, and they know people will watch the Thursday games, even if they mostly suck eggs.
    Their ratings are declining this year. Might be time to change strategies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Their ratings are declining this year. Might be time to change strategies.
    Rating decline has nothing to do with that. TV ratings across the board have been on the decline for years, the NFL was just so strong that it was the one programming going in the opposite direction while everyone was cutting cords. This was always going to happen at one point or another.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Tyrod Taylor of the Bills has been benched for Sunday's game against San Diego, oops...Los Angeles in favor of rookie Nathan Peterman.

I moonlight working security at U of Phoenix Stadium, where the Cardinals play. Last Thursday, I ended up being stationed near one of the four operators of the Skycam...

The NFL is experimenting during this week's game in Pittsburgh, where the majority of the game will be viewed from the Skycam. This comes after it was the only shot during that game in New England earlier this year where the fog kicked in. The league got good feedback, so they're gonna try a whole game from Skycam POV. Or so the guy working the Skycam told me.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.