Page 89 of 209 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3131

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Steelers and Eagles have both made it to their conference championship games three times. In 2001, both lost. In 2004, the Eagles won and the Steelers lost. In 2008, the Steelers won and the Eagles lost. Can we have the Keystone State Super Bowl this year?
    Would be a great game. Eagles have had our number recently but the Steelers have the experience. Would be a lot of fun.

The Seahawks won't reach the Super Bowl without Richard Sherman. One less obstacle for the Eagles in the NFC.

This morning I heard they expect Sherman's treatment and rehab to maybe take a year. Ouch.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Achilles ruptures take about that long to fix

assuming they do get fixed because they're also the ones that you potentially never get back to 100% after

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Achilles ruptures take about that long to fix

assuming they do get fixed because they're also the ones that you potentially never get back to 100% after
    Dan Marino suffered one in 1993 and was never the same QB . He was already not a mobile QB. After the injury its said Marino became like a statue behind the line and could barely move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News -

- Martellus Bennett FIRED back on the Green Bay Packers over his injury claiming that the shoulder injury (torn rotator cuff) he suffered happened while playing and tried playing through it as the Packers doctor and team wanted him to. After seeing 3 other Doctors they recommended shoulder surgery and Bennett was gonna do it. Then was cut. Here is Bennett's post about it.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/11/1...-of-his-injury

"The Packers examined my shoulder March 10 and cleared it,” Bennett wrote on an Instagram story on Friday. “They even gave me an x-ray as well. It got worse during the season, specifically against the Cowboys so I asked to have it checked and we checked it. After a few days of contemplating to play with it or get surgery, I chose surgery. Now here we are. They tried to f— over me. Dr. McKenzie trying to cover his own ass. After trying to persuade me to play [through] a major injury and me choosing to get surgery.

“They have access to all my medical records. My shoulder wasn't where it is now at the beginning of the season. I f—d it up playing for the [Packers]. Dr. McKenzie didn’t make [me] feel safe and was pushing to play which I thought was weird. Not that he was trying to get me to play [through] it, but the way he was saying things. I didn’t trust him. So I got 3 other opinions from doctors who all said I need to get it fixed. So I decided to do that. And they decided to waive me with some bulls— excuse. Failure disclose.

“Every week we do a body evaluation sheet in the weight [room] and pretty much every week I circled my shoulder. I just kept playing but it got worse. During the bye week I got off anti inflammatories to clean my system and could really feel the pain. So I asked to examine it first day back in. And that’s when we found out it was really f—d up. They knew.

“They panicked. Thinking that I was trying to go on IR and be on their books next year. When I mentioned that I would possibly retire. So they tried to f— me before they thought I would f— them. This was all about money. All about money. I get it. But don’t lie homie. You knew wtf was up. C.R.E.A.M. [cash rules everything around me].

“I had intentions of playing all 8 games as I mentioned in the post during the bye week, but found out it was worse than I felt after getting it checked out. Now I’m like f— it. I chose my health over the ‘team’. They chose money over me.”
    Bennett was gonna have surgery and potentially retire after the season. But he has changed his mind and will play through the rest of the year with the Patriots and try for a 2nd Super Bowl ring.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

This video brings up what I debated months ago. In the 2000 NFL Draft , Tom Brady wasn't considered a sure fire guy. In fact as Mariucci describes Brady was lanky , didn't have a big arm and he wasn't the full-time starter at Michigan. Mel Kiper claims that in Brady's 40 time and more made him the last guy on a draft board .

The video brings up who the 49ers fell for and what an interesting career path both QB's took. The 49ers selected Giovanni Carmazzi and he was expected to grow into that next great 49ers QB. Bill Walsh even bragged up his tools he had at running the ball and throwing. But here was where fate stepped in as the video claims.

Mariucci claims that the 1st preseason game pretty much spelled the end for Carmazzi as some QB's can take the pressure under the bright lights and do great. The 49ers watched as the 6th rd QB selected tore things up for the Patriots.

And even then Brady may not have ended up on the team , as Belichick claims they were going into 2000 and already had 3 veteran QB's ahead of him. But they knew if they put Brady on the practice squad someone would sign him away so he pretty much carried 4 QB's that year and let Brady sit and watch. Just to keep him on the roster away from others. Looking back , Belichick likely saved his coaching career and the franchise turned things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Seahawks won't reach the Super Bowl without Richard Sherman. One less obstacle for the Eagles in the NFC.
    Probably weren't going to make it with him. At this point I think Russell Wilson is the one carrying that team, even though he seems to have a lot of dud performances sometimes. They really haven't been the same dominant force since 2013-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This video brings up what I debated months ago. In the 2000 NFL Draft , Tom Brady wasn't considered a sure fire guy. In fact as Mariucci describes Brady was lanky , didn't have a big arm and he wasn't the full-time starter at Michigan. Mel Kiper claims that in Brady's 40 time and more made him the last guy on a draft board .

The video brings up who the 49ers fell for and what an interesting career path both QB's took. The 49ers selected Giovanni Carmazzi and he was expected to grow into that next great 49ers QB. Bill Walsh even bragged up his tools he had at running the ball and throwing. But here was where fate stepped in as the video claims.

Mariucci claims that the 1st preseason game pretty much spelled the end for Carmazzi as some QB's can take the pressure under the bright lights and do great. The 49ers watched as the 6th rd QB selected tore things up for the Patriots.

And even then Brady may not have ended up on the team , as Belichick claims they were going into 2000 and already had 3 veteran QB's ahead of him. But they knew if they put Brady on the practice squad someone would sign him away so he pretty much carried 4 QB's that year and let Brady sit and watch. Just to keep him on the roster away from others. Looking back , Belichick likely saved his coaching career and the franchise turned things around.
    49ers were at that time were still set offensively set up in the mold of the Walsh way. Marriucci was coach, and comes from a WCO background (worked under Holmgren with Gruden, Reid,). Walsh was a consultant with the organization and then GM for a short time. I could see why Brady was passed over and wouldn't be a fit for then. First off he just was not, and still isn't very athletic. Can't imagine Brady being in the same offense that Montana and Young were in making plays with their feet (but Elvis Grbac was so whatever). Also he just didn't impress as a prospect throwing the football. Nothing stood out. Can't blame anyone for passing on him. Marc Bulger was also passed on in that draft, and although he didn't have the career Brady did, he did play well in St.Louis for a few years taking over for Kurt Warner.

Funny thing about that NFL piece is during the 2000 season the 49ers essentially found their next QB anyway. Jeff Garcia had great years in 2000 and 2001. Unfortunately the entire organization went down the drain and by 2004 the 49ers were the NFL's doormat. Don't think Brady would have saved those teams with the talent on those rosters.

49ers could have had Jake Plummer in 1997. Bill Walsh recommended him (he was a consultant not the GM then), but the 49ers went with Jim Druckenmiller. Plummer taking over for Young would have been marvelous.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 11-11-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At the time, no one knew Brady would turn into the superstar he became. If he played for anyone other than Darth Hoodie, chances are Brady might well have wound up flaming out early, becoming just another anonymous footnote in NFL history instead of a mortal lock future hall of famer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    49ers were at that time were still set offensively set up in the mold of the Walsh way. Marriucci was coach, and comes from a WCO background (worked under Holmgren with Gruden, Reid,). Walsh was a consultant with the organization and then GM for a short time. I could see why Brady was passed over and wouldn't be a fit for then. First off he just was not, and still isn't very athletic. Can't imagine Brady being in the same offense that Montana and Young were in making plays with their feet (but Elvis Grbac was so whatever). Also he just didn't impress as a prospect throwing the football. Nothing stood out. Can't blame anyone for passing on him. Marc Bulger was also passed on in that draft, and although he didn't have the career Brady did, he did play well in St.Louis for a few years taking over for Kurt Warner.
    To be honest Montana wasn't some athletic god either. In fact Montana had issues locking on WR's , was considered lanky as well. What made Walsh select him was more on the fact the 49ers went to look at the RB who was working out and Montana impressed Walsh with his quick feet. Not his arm , as Walsh claims in Joe's autobiography , he has quick Namath style feet and could do a drop back quick. But Montana himself didn't have a strong arm , in fact the WCO is more dictated on reads and smart quick throws. A fact Alex Smith runs it so well because Reid claims its about "reading that defense.."

Funny thing about that NFL piece is during the 2000 season the 49ers essentially found their next QB anyway. Jeff Garcia had great years in 2000 and 2001. Unfortunately the entire organization went down the drain and by 2004 the 49ers were the NFL's doormat. Don't think Brady would have saved those teams with the talent on those rosters.
    Great QB's can elevate teams , Brady elevated a Patriots WR corps that mostly were journey men and a number of them were outta the NFL years later. So before we say , a guy couldn't do it ...Brady did. If you asked anyone if they believed the 5-11 Patriots of 2000 would become what we see...a lot would have laughed at this.

49ers could have had Jake Plummer in 1997. Bill Walsh recommended him (he was a consultant not the GM then), but the 49ers went with Jim Druckenmiller. Plummer taking over for Young would have been marvelous.
    Even then Walsh as he joked loved Plummer's quick feet and compared his game to Montana. I remember comically seeing Walsh in 1999/2000 and he was on ESPN and said as much that the QB that he really wants is on the Cardinals roster and no way could he get Plummer. So he had to scout out and try to find someone. He miss-fired on Carmazzi but he hit gold on Garcia he saw from CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At the time, no one knew Brady would turn into the superstar he became. If he played for anyone other than Darth Hoodie, chances are Brady might well have wound up flaming out early, becoming just another anonymous footnote in NFL history instead of a mortal lock future hall of famer.
    I said this awhile back...Belichick had never developed a good QB in his career in Cleveland. He was destined for another losing season in New England after 2000. If anything Belichick wasn't considered a genius head coach before this. Brady helped make him that genius.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

The similarities between Green Bay & Indianapolis are astonishing.

Andrew Luck is headed to Europe to have doctors look at his throwing shoulder now. He's had 2 visits with doctors who have looked at it and now he's traveling to have someone there do a look. Its rumored Luck will have the stem cell therapy done on it. Which is something that Kobe Bryant had done nearly every year til the end of his career. In it they'd inject the cells into his knee to stop degeneration from happening.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-germany-for

Luck is likely gonna have the same procedure done in a way to get pain from his shoulder and help the muscles.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Every Saturday I get trashed, and half way through I remember it's football season and I get really happy.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Andrew Luck is headed to Europe to have doctors look at his throwing shoulder now. He's had 2 visits with doctors who have looked at it and now he's traveling to have someone there do a look. Its rumored Luck will have the stem cell therapy done on it. Which is something that Kobe Bryant had done nearly every year til the end of his career. In it they'd inject the cells into his knee to stop degeneration from happening.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-germany-for

Luck is likely gonna have the same procedure done in a way to get pain from his shoulder and help the muscles.
    Maybe Luck can swing by Lourdes on his way home. You know, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Can't wait for tomorrow. Every Saturday I get trashed, and half way through I remember it's football season and I get really happy.
    While my Eagles are on their bye this week, there's still football to watch today, most notably the 4:30 matchup between Atlanta and the now Ezekiel Elliott-less Cowboys. If Dallas isn't in desperation mode, they should be, trailing NFC East leading Philly by three games in the win column, they simply can't afford to fall further behind before next week's Sunday night battle with the Birds.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!