Titans defeat Chiefs, Bengals defeat Steelers
    Bucs defeat Cards, Cowboys defeat Seahawks

2nd Round
    Raiders defeat Titans, Pats defeat Bengals
    Giants defeat Cowboys, Packers defeat Bucs

3rd Round
    Raiders defeat Pats in a great close game
    Packers defeat Giants in a high scoring close game

Super Bowl: In a great exciting close game the Packers defeat the Raiders.
    Score: 42-40
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 09-05-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    My playoff predictions including Seeds

1. Giants, 2.Packers, 3.Bucs,4.Seahawks, 5.Cowboys, 6.Cards

1.Pats, 2.Raiders, 3.Titans, 4.Steelers, 5.Bengals, 6.Chiefs

1st Round
    Titans defeat Chiefs, Bengals defeat Steelers
    Bucs defeat Cards, Cowboys defeat Seahawks

2nd Round
    Raiders defeat Titans, Pats defeat Bengals
    Giants defeat Cowboys, Packers defeat Bucs

3rd Round
    Raiders defeat Pats in a great close game
    Packers defeat Giants in a high scoring close game

Super Bowl: In a great exciting close game the Packers defeat the Raiders.
    Score: 42-40
    I def cannot agree with that. Aside from the Steelers, do you know what shuts the Bengals down? Big games.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, gentlemen, who do you think will win the dubious honor of first head coach fired? I think it's two way tie between Todd Bowles and Jon Fox. Bowles has been set up to fail like perhaps no other head coach in league history, in my humble opinion, the Jets will be LUCKY to win one game, and even that might be the result of some crazy fluke. Meanwhile, I thought Fox should've been gassed after last season's 3-13 debacle in Chicago, and da Bears might struggle to win four this season, then there's the Mike and Mitch show at quarterback, the first time Glennon throws a pick six in front of the Soldier Field faithful, the roars for Trubisky will be deafening. It'll be interesting to see if Bowles and/or Fox will last the whole season as their teams figure to stink like day old diapers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I love Todd Bowles and his Morgan Freeman sounding voice... but the media in N.Y. know the axe is gonna fall, and will sell papers on taking swings with it.
    Chicago to a lesser extent, but Fox has QB development to use as an excuse.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Henderson upheld 6 game suspension.

Will play Week 1 because ruling came after the deadline.

Back to court on Friday for ruling on the restraining order.

And for the precedent of Brady, there is this "Hearing went well for Elliott. Judge appeared to buy Kessler's arguments and was tough on Nash. Said "this case is not like Brady & others."

Also "Judge question to Nash: "Doesn't the treatment of Roberts make it fundamentally unfair not to make Goodell and accuser testify?"

So where do they play the Phins - Bucs game?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Henderson upheld 6 game suspension.

Will play Week 1 because ruling came after the deadline.

Back to court on Friday for ruling on the restraining order.

And for the precedent of Brady, there is this "Hearing went well for Elliott. Judge appeared to buy Kessler's arguments and was tough on Nash. Said "this case is not like Brady & others."

Also "Judge question to Nash: "Doesn't the treatment of Roberts make it fundamentally unfair not to make Goodell and accuser testify?"
    Also, someone reported that if the injunction is upheld on Friday, and they thought there was a very good chance of it, Zeke would play all of 2017 season because it takes several months for a decision in these kinds of cases.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So where do they play the Phins - Bucs game?
    Not where... when. It's starting to sound like they're just rescheduling it to happen during the Miami/TB bye week in November. These teams will have to play 16 consecutive weeks without a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Not where... when. It's starting to sound like they're just rescheduling it to happen during the Miami/TB bye week in November. These teams will have to play 16 consecutive weeks without a week off.
    That does not sound fair.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That does not sound fair.
    I agree. I'd rather lose home field advantage than lose a week to recuperate in the middle of the year.

I Love The NFL
    GO PACK GO

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I agree. I'd rather lose home field advantage than lose a week to recuperate in the middle of the year.
    I don't understand why the league didn't just move the game to a neutral site or play the game on Friday. Playing 16 straight weeks will be brutal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't understand why the league didn't just move the game to a neutral site or play the game on Friday. Playing 16 straight weeks will be brutal.
    Sadly, I'm pretty sure Stephen Ross doesn't want to lose money at the gate. He doesn't care when the game is held, just that he makes the scratch off the tickets.

The wait for this season has been long and arduous. I'm glad the wait is almost over. I am so ready for football to be back!

This season, everyone seems to be penciling in the Patriots for the Super Bowl. Everyone also seems to assume that the Cowboys will be as good as they were last year. If being a football fan for most of my life has taught me anything, it's that those kinds of assumptions rarely pan out, if ever. The NFL is always in flux. Good teams tank. Bad teams overachieve. Sometimes a team just comes out of nowhere and dominates. It's impossible to predict.

I'm going to try anyways. I think the most underrated move of the offseason was the Panthers drafting Christian McAfferty. I think that may very well be the move that puts the Panthers back on track. People forget that Newton was hurt in the first game last year and was never quite the same. He's healthy now and he has a new offensive weapon the likes of which teams aren't ready for. I think that will be the X-factor this year that puts the Panthers back on top.

I also think this is going to be the year the Steelers finally push through. Say what you will about the Patriots' offense, but they do not have a WR that's as good as Antonio Brown or an RB that's as good as Le'Veon Bell. If those guys can stay healthy and Big Ben can stay upright, I think they'll have what it takes to unseat the Patriots in crunch time.

The other team that definitely has a chance is the Giants. If the Panthers falter, I think the Giants will pick up the slack. They loaded up in the offseason. They're playing for a Super Bowl this year. Eli Manning has two rings and a better receiving corp. So long as OBJ can keep his head on straight, I think they'll leapfrog the Cowboys and be in a position to make it to Super Bowl LII.

Those are the three teams I'll be keeping an eye on, but chances are some other team will surprise everybody. That's just the way it goes in the NFL.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This season, everyone seems to be penciling in the Patriots for the Super Bowl. Everyone also seems to assume that the Cowboys will be as good as they were last year. If being a football fan for most of my life has taught me anything, it's that those kinds of assumptions rarely pan out, if ever. The NFL is always in flux. Good teams tank. Bad teams overachieve. Sometimes a team just comes out of nowhere and dominates. It's impossible to predict.
    I keep looking at the guys on New England's defense these days, and wonder how Belichek does it. Like, Donta Hightower is legit. Butler, Chung, and McCourty in the secondary? Yeah, those guys I believe in to not get gouged by any QB. But at this point, I don't know if they have a credible pash rush. I honestly don't know what smoke and mirrors Belichek is doing to stop other teams, because I'm not scared of any of these guys individually.

And yet, I drafted the Patriots' defense in fantasy, based solely on pedigree (and what was available).