Page 166 of 209 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3131

Bummer for the Titans but like the Eagles, they were playing with house money this year. They're gonna be fun to watch next year!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Now the question is can Brady make it a 8th Super Bowl appearance ? If he does people will have to literally say he's the best QB that ever played. I mean people try and say he isn't now. But if he makes it to an 8th Super Bowl....dear lord.
    Anyone who doesn't is just wrong. He was already the best after the Seattle Super Bowl. The last one was just icing

Now the question is can Brady make it a 8th Super Bowl appearance ? If he does people will have to literally say he's the best QB that ever played. I mean people try and say he isn't now. But if he makes it to an 8th Super Bowl....dear lord.
    If he does, that means he will have made it to the Super Bowl 50% of the time during his career.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If he does, that means he will have made it to the Super Bowl 50% of the time during his career.
    That's a pretty insane percentage when you take even the slightest time to consider it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here is some things that legit shows Brady is the best QB of all-time.

- 12 AFC Championship appearances.

- Has now over 26 Playoff games in his career (the prior record was held by Joe Montana)

- Most Career home wins in playoffs by QB with 16 (from 2001-2017)

- Most post season TD passes 66 .

- Most Division titles won by a QB 14

- Most career 300+ yard passing games in post season - 13
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Clearly I'm wrong the Titans didn't make it a watchable close game because after the Patriots scored their 1st td it went from bad to worse. It was basically the Patriots had on fire mode nfl blitz.
    The Juggernaut Patriots drove over 200 mph and won easily 35-14 which was my worst fear.

I was very happy for Nick Foles. In fact as Collingsworth brought up...

- Foles was ready to retire due to how he was done by the Rams in 2015. How he was on a camping trip in 2016 when his phone rang and it was Andy Reid. Who talked him into coming back to play and he debated it. But as we know he came back. But as Collingsworth brought up Foles was so irked by how he was treated by the Rams and blamed for the offensive failures (this was under Fisher).
    When Foles was playing for Arizona I thought he had the potential to be a very good NFL QB. And it looked like he was on his way with the Eagles. So I can't really figure out what went wrong after that and why he went to the Rams. Anyway nice to see Foles back with the Eagles and hopefully he can pick up where he left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    When Foles was playing for Arizona I thought he had the potential to be a very good NFL QB. And it looked like he was on his way with the Eagles. So I can't really figure out what went wrong after that and why he went to the Rams. Anyway nice to see Foles back with the Eagles and hopefully he can pick up where he left off.
    It wasn't Foles choice to go to the Rams. In fact here is how fucked up crazy Chip Kelly was in essence.

- Foles had really a great season in 2013 and threw for 2,800+ yards and 27 TD's and 2 Int's. In 10 games. He had came in and took over for Michael Vick. But the whole way its said Kelly didn't want Foles really. He was considered too big and not a very agile QB that Kelly wanted for the system. So after the season he'd never really fully endorse Foles...but given that Vick was dog **** and injured they had to go into 2014 with him.

- Then as 2014 opened ...suddenly Kelly released DeSean Jackson without trading him. Its said the Eagles heard stories Jackson was possibly involved in things that could have blew up and he wasn't close to Kelly. Anyhow they suddenly released the guy and it threw off Foles who had lost his pure #1 WR.

- Also the Eagles didn't have a good offensive line then and Foles in Kelly's system took a damn beating for 8 games. Such a beating he'd play until he finally couldn't go any further. He struggled in 2014 due to losing Jackson and the offensive line. Plus people had gotten used to Kelly's system by this stage after it exploded on the scene in 2013.

- Anyhow by 2015 , Kelly had FULL POWER behind the scenes and traded away McCoy and told the Eagles brass he wanted his own QB back there. Deciding to trade Foles for injured a lot Bradford.

What is wild is ...Kelly if he just drafted offensive line and defense , could have kept his guys and likely would be challenging in the NFC. Instead he tried being Bill Belichick and felt anyone could fit his offense and it fell apart.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Another year, another AFC Championship game for the New England Patriots. Even with a 40-year-old quarterback, I'm continuously amazed by how easy Tom Brady makes it look. The first drive notwithstanding, the Titans were overmatched. They hadn't been to the playoffs in a decade and New England is so used to it, it's basically part of their regular season. I think they once again have the inside track to the Super Bowl. But their biggest obstacle could be Pittsburgh. If Antonio Brown is healthy, then they may have a problem. It'll be quite a game, but if they end up playing Jacksonville instead, I think New England can basically punch their ticket to Minneapolis.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Another year, another AFC Championship game for the New England Patriots. Even with a 40-year-old quarterback, I'm continuously amazed by how easy Tom Brady makes it look. The first drive notwithstanding, the Titans were overmatched. They hadn't been to the playoffs in a decade and New England is so used to it, it's basically part of their regular season. I think they once again have the inside track to the Super Bowl. But their biggest obstacle could be Pittsburgh. If Antonio Brown is healthy, then they may have a problem. It'll be quite a game, but if they end up playing Jacksonville instead, I think New England can basically punch their ticket to Minneapolis.
    Somewhere in his basement (under insane and likely lethal security) I am pretty sure Tom Brady has a portrait that is aging instead of him.

Fantastic Member

The Titans offensive line went to holy hell after their left tackle Conklin went out. I don't think anybody had the Patriots getting 7 sacks in the game. Mariotta apparently hurt his quad as well which may have limited his mobility.
    If I heard the stat correctly since game 5 of the NFL season the Patriots defense have given up 14 points or less per game. Being the best against the run or the pass is nice but when you don't give up points that's where I think a really good defense ranks.

Edit:

No sooner than I post this than the radio show says an editor from NFL Pro Talk says the Patriots D sucked all year and wondered why Matt Patrice (spelling?) is considered such a hot head coach commodity. Although the local sports commentator said the Patriots D ranked 5th in the league for fewest points.
    Last edited by DungeonmasterJim; 01-14-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

The potential QB match-up in the Super Bowl could be exceedingly blah.

If the Jaguars and Minnesota make it to the Super Bowl how unexciting would that be. Bortles vs Keenam. Blah.

Brees is the only exciting QB left in the NFC play-offs. Brady and Big Ben in the AFC.

Even a Brady/Big Ben vs Keenam/Foles Super Bowl has a very underwhelming excitement/hype value.

With that type of potential lackluster match-up and the sore feelings/dropped regular season ratings could this be one of the most least watched Super Bowls of the past decade?

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    The Titans offensive line went to holy hell after their left tackle Conklin went out. I don't think anybody had the Patriots getting 7 sacks in the game. Mariotta apparently hurt his quad as well which may have limited his mobility.
    If I heard the stat correctly since game 5 of the NFL season the Patriots defense have given up 14 points or less per game. Being the best against the run or the pass is nice but when you don't give up points that's where I think a really good defense ranks.

Edit:

No sooner than I post this than the radio show says an editor from NFL Pro Talk says the Patriots D sucked all year and wondered why Matt Patrice (spelling?) is considered such a hot head coach commodity. Although the local sports commentator said the Patriots D ranked 5th in the league for fewest points.
    There is still a bias among commentators to think the best defenses are the ones that get big hits and don't give up yards.

I think Patricia is getting looks because he manages to put up a decent to very good defense year after year despite all the personnel turning over, especially when what most people think of as the centerpiece of the defense either gets traded or is lost for the year due to injury.

Also, I just saw this bit from Mike Reiss - since Patricia has become the Pats defensive coordinator in 2012, the Pats have been the 2nd best defense (points allowed), second only to Seattle over that span. He's better than the media gives him credit for being - but that's largely due to the Pats defense never being the flashy type.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    The potential QB match-up in the Super Bowl could be exceedingly blah.

If the Jaguars and Minnesota make it to the Super Bowl how unexciting would that be. Bortles vs Keenam. Blah.

Brees is the only exciting QB left in the NFC play-offs. Brady and Big Ben in the AFC.

Even a Brady/Big Ben vs Keenam/Foles Super Bowl has a very underwhelming excitement/hype value.

With that type of potential lackluster match-up and the sore feelings/dropped regular season ratings could this be one of the most least watched Super Bowls of the past decade?
    The hype value of the Vikings will be a team playing the Superbowl at home for the very first time - it hasn't happened yet (at least post NFL-AFL merger. It may have happened before).

I'd think a Rams/Patriots SUPER BOWL would sell pretty well. You have a young team on the rise in LA. A team that turned everything around with a young coach. Then you have Jared Goff who also idolizes Joe Montana (since he wears his number). So both men would say they idolize Joe Montana and if he was there watching it would be great. Plus ....you have the old lion in Brady vs the new young upstart in Goff. Is it his time ? Can he vanquish the Patriots on the biggest stage ?