Page 93 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3131
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Matt Ryan became the fastest QB to reach 40,000 career yards, beating Drew Bree's old mark by a game
    Ryan has a shot next week to pass Joe Montana on the career yards list.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My uninformed guess is that the Vikings were looking for a reason, ANY reason to bench Keenum who's been a journeyman throughout his career for a reason, regardless of the success he's enjoyed this season.
    One analyst brought up how Keenum plays and somehow ends up starting and not doing bad at times. But always has people going , well were wanting this guy behind you to start. That he's had that for years. That he's had a solid season yet the franchise is worried about starting Bridgewater.

This won't happen because the NFL would be stupid to remove Jones since his team is one of the most profitable in the league.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This won't happen because the NFL would be stupid to remove Jones since his team is one of the most profitable in the league.
    That depends on how far Jones pushes things, I think. He'll have to go pretty far, but there's a limit. I'm sure that if he starts to look like he'll do serious damage to the NFL in order to get his way, then the limit will be passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That depends on how far Jones pushes things, I think. He'll have to go pretty far, but there's a limit. I'm sure that if he starts to look like he'll do serious damage to the NFL in order to get his way, then the limit will be passed.
    Al Davis used to sue the league a lot and was never removed as owner. I doubt Jones will ever get to that level.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One analyst brought up how Keenum plays and somehow ends up starting and not doing bad at times. But always has people going , well were wanting this guy behind you to start. That he's had that for years. That he's had a solid season yet the franchise is worried about starting Bridgewater.
    Meanwhile....

Vikings need to ride Case Keenum, even if Teddy Bridgewater is ready to return

Jones would never get ousted. Think about Al Davis and how he drove the NFL crazy in the early 80's. Yet he survived.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Jones would never get ousted. Think about Al Davis and how he drove the NFL crazy in the early 80's. Yet he survived.
    Davis was very strong-willed and so is Jones. Heck Davis once caused a guy to have a heart attack in court (allegedly).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Comically the Vikings have started people who shouldn't have started a couple times before. Earlier I brought up Bradford who never should have seen the field that soon and he was re-injured due to that. But years ago in a comical game the Vikings didn't like Christian Ponder and decided to start Josh Freeman. A guy they picked up in a trade 2 weeks earlier and with little practice time. They started him and Freeman looked like absolute **** in a game.

They were prepared to start him but claimed Freeman suffered a concussion. (The real story is players literally was questioning why you'd start someone so unprepared a 2nd week....so they used concussion as a reason to bench him . Not that it was a mistake they rushed him in)

I'm going with ...

1. Pats, 2. Steelers, 3. Chiefs, 4. Titans, 5. Jags, 6. Bills.

Bills upset Chiefs, Titans destroy Jags.

Titans eek out a win over the Steelers, Pats barely beat the Bills as the Bills' hopes are, "Wide right! Again!"

Pats roll to SB LII with a 17 point win over the Titans.

1. Eagles, 2. Vikings, 3. Rams, 4. Saints, 5. Seahawks, 6. Falcons.

Rams win a shootout with the Falcons, Seahawks (finally) make a game winning field goal.

Eagles blowout the Seahawks, Vikings beat the Rams by a FG.

Eagles crush the Vikings, rolling into SB LII red hot.

Tommy Touchdown hands the crown to Wentz the Winner in a shootout but shows the world he's still the GOAT by running a 2 minute, no TO drill for SB ring number 6. Wentz 6 TDs, TB12 4 TDs. 49-45 NE.

WPP hunts me down and I go missing for several months.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-13-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm going with ...

1. Pats, 2. Steelers, 3. Chiefs, 4. Titans, 5. Jags, 6. Bills.

Bills upset Chiefs, Titans destroy Jags.

Titans eek out a win over the Steelers, Pats barely beat the Bills as the Bills' hopes are, "Wide right! Again!"

Pats roll to SB LII with a 17 point win over the Titans.

1. Eagles, 2. Vikings, 3. Rams, 4. Saints, 5. Seahawks, 6. Falcons.

Rams win a shootout with the Falcons, Seahawks (finally) make a game winning field goal.

Eagles blowout the Seahawks, Vikings beat the Rams by a FG.

Eagles crush the Vikings, rolling into SB LII red hot.

Tommy Touchdown hands the crown to Wentz the Winner in a shootout but shows the world he's still the GOAT by running a 2 minute, no TO drill for SB ring number 6.

WPP hunts me down and I go missing for several months.
    I beg to differ. The Wentz Wagon flattens Tom Terrific and Darth Hoodie like Godzilla on a stroll through Tokyo, exorcising the ghosts of SB XXXIX and bringing the Lombardi Trophy home to Philly for the first time. You read it here first.

I beg to differ. The Wentz Wagon flattens Tom Terrific and Darth Hoodie like Godzilla on a stroll through Tokyo, exorcising the ghosts of SB XXXIX and bringing the Lombardi Trophy home to Philly for the first time. You read it here first.
    As much as I want new blood to win, I don't see that happening until Tom hangs it up.

But I hope you're right!

And the Wentz Wagon is his nickname?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As much as I want new blood to win, I don't see that happening until Tom hangs it up.

But I hope you're right!

And the Wentz Wagon is his nickname?
    Well, that's sort of an unofficial nickname, as in "everyone is climbing on the Wentz Wagon". As for Brady, everyone knows he's a coaching brain fart (Eagles: XXXIX), a horrid play call (Seahawks: XLIX) and a colossal choke (Falcons: LI) away from being 2-5. In my mind, Joe Montana is still the greatest because he's unbeaten in the Big Game.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Bayless is right the Broncos super bowl was steamrolling the Cowboys and they've been roadkill a embarrassment after that game.
    A SNF stinker when the great Pats steamrolled the inferior Broncos.

The Rams most likely will score over 400 points this season, and most likely make the playoffs. Great year in Los Angeles for the Rams in the 1st season after the in over his head Jeff Fisher was fired which was no different when Singletary was the 49ers head coach.

Also Texans need to get a decent 2nd string qb because Savage is a irrefutable bust. The Texans will remain a embarrassment if they don't have a decent 2nd string qb because Watson is out for the season.

The New York tabloids are unloading on the Giants:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...doo/ar-BBEUw8r

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

My uninformed guess is that the Vikings were looking for a reason, ANY reason to bench Keenum who's been a journeyman throughout his career for a reason, regardless of the success he's enjoyed this season.
    At best this is most likely lightning in a bottle similar to the 2015 Jets and Fitzpatrick.
    But if it's not a 1 season wonder I assume persons will be saying he's another Alex Smith.

A qb you reasonably and sensibly conclude is a bust, is in the right systems and right Head Coach so he finally is playing mostly great or good and is a winning qb.