Page 156 of 209 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3131

Titans, Rams, Bills, Panthers were my picks. I am 1 for 2 so far!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Even if Mahomes gets the job and is the 2nd coming during the regular season , the Chiefs will screw up come playoff time. That is how KC is. As fans we expect it sadly. 20+ years of playoff failure tells us fans what to expect.
    Sad to say, but the Chiefs seem cursed in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I was rooting for the Chiefs to lose just so their streak would remain unbroken. That and I don't like the Chiefs anyway.

OTOH I want to see the Vikings play the Bills in the Super Bowl because one of them has to finally win one and this insures at least one of them has a chance.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Atlanta’s defense just shut down the best offense in the league holding it to 13 points
    Next stop for the Falcons, Philly to face my Eagles next Saturday. My birthday is the day before, so, a win for my squad would make for a super nice present.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Almost every time they make it comically they lose in some way. Next year we pretty much expect if some way they win the division , they will fail again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I was rooting for the Chiefs to lose just so their streak would remain unbroken. That and I don't like the Chiefs anyway.

OTOH I want to see the Vikings play the Bills in the Super Bowl because one of them has to finally win one and this insures at least one of them has a chance.
    Do you mean playoff streak? Because they did win a game in 2015 against the Texans. Other than than that though it's been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Almost every time they make it comically they lose in some way. Next year we pretty much expect if some way they win the division , they will fail again.
    Marty Schottenheimer and Andy Reid have a knack for just failing big in the playoffs in some fashion. Some of the losses I don't think can be blamed just on their decision making though. Like the Lin Elliot meltdown. Players still have to execute. 2003 Chiefs just got out raced by the Colts. 2006 that team wasn't going anywhere even when they made it. A lot of bad luck mixed with questionable coaching from largely Schottenheimer and Reid.

Today is a day that I really didn't think we'd see for a long time. After 17 years my Buffalo Bills will be playing in a playoff game. Win or lose, I'm extremely happy with how this season has turned out. Despite the sub zero temperatures, the entirety of Western New York is buzzing about this. At this point there's no such thing as a fair weather fan up here. Especially seeing how people who were born during our last playoff run would be a high school graduate this year. But still, I haven't seen this much love for the team in my entire life. It's a great feeling.

Marty Schottenheimer and Andy Reid have a knack for just failing big in the playoffs in some fashion. Some of the losses I don't think can be blamed just on their decision making though. Like the Lin Elliot meltdown. Players still have to execute. 2003 Chiefs just got out raced by the Colts. 2006 that team wasn't going anywhere even when they made it. A lot of bad luck mixed with questionable coaching from largely Schottenheimer and Reid.
    There was the Dick Vermiel years where KC was the Greatest Show on Turf II and put up eye popping offensive numbers. Then the Herm Edwards one where the team went into rebuild mode. Then we had the Todd Haley year where this tells you how destined KC is to lose in the playoffs. 2-3 days before the fucking playoff game , Charlie Weis told people he was leaving. Like ...really ? Your gonna do it right before a playoff game ?

Every year has something happen and KC loses. Sure they got lucky one year against the Texans but that was some rare luck. Beyond that KC has pretty much been cursed to an existence of ....hey play hard in regular season and then well thats it.

Were like the Red Sox for pure dumb ass curse wise in the playoffs. They will go 100 years without a Super Bowl and I'll be long since gone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I can't believe just how pathetic the Chiefs became after being up by 18 and losing Travis Kelce. Yes I know they have the history of playoff screw ups but come on man, until Kelce went out, the Titans offense couldn't have scored on a Pop Warner team's defense. Then all of a sudden, they can't be stopped?

As for the Falcons-Rams, that was really a weird game. But am I wrong, did the Falcons blow another lead and have to hold on to win against a team they basically manhandled for the entire game?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I can't believe just how pathetic the Chiefs became after being up by 18 and losing Travis Kelce. Yes I know they have the history of playoff screw ups but come on man, until Kelce went out, the Titans offense couldn't have scored on a Pop Warner team's defense. Then all of a sudden, they can't be stopped?

As for the Falcons-Rams, that was really a weird game. But am I wrong, did the Falcons blow another lead and have to hold on to win against a team they basically manhandled for the entire game?
    There's a reason for Belichick keeping his foot on the gas in 2007 - The Colts the year before demonstrated that even a 3 score lead might not be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

No, they dominated time of possession, kept the defense fresh, and kept their lead the entire game

One year KC dominated an entire half against Andrew Luck and the Colts. Suddenly in cosmic timing , they lost nearly the entire team to injuries . You'd have to laugh. God is not a KC fan.

BANNED

Im cheering for the Jags now

OJ is at the game, apparently, taking pictures and signing autographs

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im cheering for the Jags now

OJ is at the game, apparently, taking pictures and signing autographs
    I don’t have a horse in this race, I just want to watch a competitive game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!